Choosing Best Tonneau Cover

Rick J

Reaction score
I just purchased the TruXedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau Cover For the 2019 Ram 1500 5'7", vendor on ebay $440 shipped for free. Truxedo part number 585901.
I had the LoPro on my F150 for nine years without any issues. Put one on my 1500. I like the way they roll up when needed and can be removed in 30 seconds if you want it all the way off.

drushmere

Reaction score
I bought a Truxedo Pro-X15 cover for my 2019 with a 6'4" bed...….it does NOT fit....too short .....have a choice......massive gap at front or back or smaller gap at both front AND back. Obliviously it does not keep the bed dry. Several weeks of run around from manufacturer wanting me to measure the bed over and over again....finally said the bed "probably "was not a standard measurement bed

I Do not recommend these.....maybe another product from truxedo but not the Pro X15
I ran into the same issue with the short bed. Spoke with 4 people at Truxedo. They claim there have been sizing issues from the start of development and went to a dealer, measured 18 beds and none of them were the same. Sounds like we might have some variance issues so it’s probably a crap shoot chance no matter what you buy. I’ve sent my Pro X15 back and going back to the drawing board

Billy James

Reaction score
I bought a Gator Hybrid about two or three months ago. It is a hard cover that looks like a soft cover. I always liked the looks of the vinyl soft covers but wanted the security of a hard cover; so I bought it. I have been meaning to post a review with pictures but just really haven't had the time. The Gator Hybrid looks good, you can open and close the tailgate without touching it, it has held up well to the Florida heat, and it is super easy to use. And I am happy to report that my bed has been dry. The only time I have seen any water intrusion in the bed is once after I pressure washed the truck; there was a little bit of water that came in the side. We have been getting the Florida afternoon monsoons for the past week or so and my bed is dry.
Some of the reviews for the Gator Hybrid mention that the clips are cheap. I thought the clips seemed kind of cheap myself......but they work. Now that I had the cover on for a while, I am confident that the clips are adequately designed. I am one who "over engineers" everything I do; which is probably why the clips seemed cheap to me. The clips are fine. The best thing about this cover is that I can remove or install it in 5 minutes.
So, overall I am very pleased with the Gator Hybrid at this point. It has the look, function, accessibility, and convenience that I was looking for. The normal price is $649, but they have a lot of sales and you can usually get it at a discount. I got mine for about $630 with state tax and free shipping. I guess you have to figure out what features you want. I wanted easy installation/removal, decent security, a dry bed, no rails, and a vinyl look; I got all of that and I am pleased with my purchase.

dsn112

Reaction score
Installed the Truxedo LoPro last week. Basically rained everyday since and I went to the touchless car wash today. Bed is pretty dry. Overall really happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got the Gator SRX cover, which in every respect looks identical to this cover. It actually shipped direct to me from Truxedo and only cost $219. Even the logo is in the same spot. So far it has been water tight and easy to use.

Reaction score
I ran into the same issue with the short bed. Spoke with 4 people at Truxedo. They claim there have been sizing issues from the start of development and went to a dealer, measured 18 beds and none of them were the same. Sounds like we might have some variance issues so it’s probably a crap shoot chance no matter what you buy. I’ve sent my Pro X15 back and going back to the drawing board
I have the prox15 on my short bed. Other than water leaking from the tailgate gaps on the side it's been fine for me. This seems to be a similar issue that alot of people have. Sounds like I'm either lucky or missing something

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It may very well be the best; but we don't all have a budget of $1500 - $2000 for a Tonneau cover. Sometimes you have to find next to best because you don't want to spend as much as the best will cost you.
Agree, that's a big chunk of money. For me it doesn't hit all my wants for that cost. I like being able to remove my tonneau in the mater of minutes by myself for picking up dressers and things and being able to do it on the fly and not have to plan to leave it at home to do so. I know you could put it on top but that's extra height to lift and bring it down.

Just my opinion for my usage

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RebelSteve

Reaction score
I picked up this American Tonneau Tri-Fold 66208 from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $68 a couple days ago. While I'm sure it's not the best cover on the market, I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

You guys might check AWD as there were some other good deals on tonneau covers.

DonJr

Reaction score
I also went with the RetraxPRO MX Cover, Just came in installing it this weekend. The way it is put together is the reason for buying it. Will post pictures when installed, will look at the seals by the RamBox’s, I hope I only have to add seals to the tailgate gap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)