5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CHMSL / Third Brake Light LEDs

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can try these. Will work for both brake light and cargo. I did mine week before last and it looks great. No codes generated, and about 8 bucks for a pkg of four.

http://a.co/d/dqBS9Ng

Here's a parallel thread:

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/rear-cab-lights-led.1662/

Cheers

* Update * My $8 package of these LEDs just started flickering, so they lasted right around 6-7 months... Probably going to go with either SuperBrightLEDs or Diode Dynamics now.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
* Update * My $8 package of these LEDs just started flickering, so they lasted right around 6-7 months... Probably going to go with either SuperBrightLEDs or Diode Dynamics now.
Mine have failed also. Went with DD.

Cheers

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
As @Neurobit stated above...no errors on dash when switching to the LEDs. Regardless of bulb type, you should not get any errors...but I suggest a high quality bulb that will last and has a great reputation. SuperBright LEDs and Diode Dynamics are a great choice but Amazon has some very good bulbs as well.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Was optimistic that I may get lucky, bought LASFIT LEDs. Turned out to have same issue as everyone.

Maybe buy only white LEDs from LASFIT and other from Diode dynamics?

I am returning all of mine. Not worth saving $60 to find a work around for the key fob on a $66k truck.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my Diode Dynamics bulbs in the mail today, put them in in about 5 minutes. Very happy with the result with a nice white light that is the perfect brightness. Before and after below of the bed lights, only got after of the brake light but it seems to be an improvement.
Update, I decided the check the third brake light to see if it was still working and it was burned out. Not sure how ling it's been out but I put a hologen back in until I can get a new one. The bed lights are still working perfectly fine.

Users who are viewing this thread