5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheapest way to get wheels and tires?

JohnProvident

Reaction score
Are there any ways to get shells and tires a little cheaper? I’ve never bought any aftermarket wheels before so I’m not sure if there are things I’m unaware of. Besides Craigslist of course haha.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any ways to get shells and tires a little cheaper? I’ve never bought any aftermarket wheels before so I’m not sure if there are things I’m unaware of. Besides Craigslist of course haha.
My truck came with wheels and tires from the factory. :p

Other than buying someone's used stuff off marketplace, you aren't getting many deals on new stuff. Maybe search for clearance or closeout sales. Wait till Black Friday and see what pops up.

djheywood

Reaction score
A lot of people take the stock wheels and tires off as soon as they get the truck and then sell them cause they go bigger or different wheel style. I have always had good luck selling on facebook marketplace or on these forums for the take offs. That is of course assuming you are fine with stock wheels and tires. You can usually save a bit of $$$ as people are just trying to help recoup the cost of their new tires and wheels. If you are looking for a specific aftermarket wheel, then you pretty much are gonna pay hehe.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
few things.
First, skip the middlemen dealers and go straight to wheel manufacturers' websites. Method was running a sale a while back and that was some solid deals, even lower than my cost.
Second, wait for black friday.
Third, your local shops SHOULD be able to help you out if you also pay them to do the install. We always give discounts on tires and wheels (lower than MSRP) if customers do install with us.
Fourth, if you're looking for takeoffs, Facebook Marketplace and forums are good places to start

Some reputable yet affordable brands of wheels:
Methods - https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/all
KMC - All Wheels

Users who are viewing this thread