5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changed Dash Speakers To Kickers...WOW!

drstein

Reaction score
May have found my answer, 3032s replace the 3022s but is there any real difference, other than price ?

drstein

Reaction score
New model year and price is the only difference I found.

Yeah, after a little searching I found that to be the case. Ordered the " Discontinued " ones and the connectors from Amazon,
$ 55.00

JHRebel

Reaction score
So I decided to try the speakers seen below and I can say I'm definitely glad i did!!! They sound AMAZING and no trimming required! they are a direct fit as seen below.

Here is the link to buy them if interested.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDJC7NI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 16545

View attachment 16546
I just changed my fronts out to kickers ( Rebel with the Alpine system) they must be the updated ones as the tweeters are yellow/gold but I found them doing the same model search, also ordered the adapters from crutchfield , speakers from Amazon as they weren’t in stock at CF....anyway, took 20 mins and worth every second and certainly every dime....I highly suggest this mod.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I have an extra Kicker if anyone needs one for the center. $15 plus shipping from 16066.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jabara572

Reaction score
Fingers crossed. I just pulled the trigger on Kicker 44KSC3504 at Crutchfield, with their adaptor....

I am using those in the dash corners and its a big upgrade from stock, i just got another set to do the center dash speaker too. It is fairly well matched to the base 6 speaker system. I had to turn my trebel way down in the EQ because i believe the factory amp is way overboosted on trebel since theres no real tweeters stock. But other than that it sounds noticeably clearer and cleaner. The stock system was loud and had plenty of bass but there was no clarity. The kickers bring the sound stage up like its floating in front of you and bring out so much more detail than stock. I am very very happy with them for $50, once you get the EQ set right it sounds good.

I did notice that I lost a tiny bit of volume and had to go 1 click to the rear on the fader. But it is still loud enough to hurt at vol. 24 and I think it goes to like 30 or 40 so....

_StangPGH

Reaction score
You definitely lose a bit of volume due to the impedance difference at a like for like volume setting, however these speakers have a much higher sensitivity vs. stock so they play cleaner louder. You just have to recalibrate your brain that 18 now equals 20-21.

JHRebel

Reaction score
You definitely lose a bit of volume due to the impedance difference at a like for like volume setting, however these speakers have a much higher sensitivity vs. stock so they play cleaner louder. You just have to recalibrate your brain that 18 now equals 20-21.

Agreed

tul9033

Reaction score
SOLD

I just ordered the infinity’s from Crutchfield since I know the adapters will be right. Now just have to find a single one to do the center. If anybody bought a second set and wants to sell their extra, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mac1983620

Reaction score
Anyone have an extra Infinity Kappa 32.9cf by chance? I have two, but not the third for center speaker. Or any 3.5 inch that are 2 ohm? Or a JL Audio C2-350x? Other type of Infinity? Thanks.

jabara572

Reaction score
I am going to have an extra Kicker 44KSC3504 if anyone needs one for the center, with metra adapter from crutchfield. $30 shipped.
Thanks

crangel

Reaction score
This weekend I updated the dash speakers (all three) to Infinity REF-3022's using the Metra 72-7902 wiring adapter and all 4 doors to Infinity REF-9623ix using the Metra 71-050. I have the Alpine system with Uconnect 8.4 w/NAV. Both of theses infinity speakers are last year's version I got at a good price on Amazon. I got the wiring adapters from Crutchfield.

Based on what I read, I swapped the pins on the driver front dash speaker since there is a lot of reports these are reversed and swapping them gives better sound. I noticed that, with this setup, I needed to shift the fader to the front to move the sound stage since it was basically behind the driver with the fader set to center. I also noticed that even when I moved it up front, it seemed to be more shifted to the passenger side. So, this seemed to indicate the driver front was fighting the other speakers and I re-pinned the connector back to the way it came. Much much better (at least on my truck). My fader is now only very slightly toward the front (1 click) and the stage is center dash. I did not actually test the speaker phase but it is working great now. The the new speakers, the booming base is mostly tamed and it has much more clarity. I am still tweaking the settings but for now have the Bass -2, Mid +1, High -1 ... pretty mild adjustments

My biggest gripe now is that there is still some base resonance I can hear at some frequencies but it is not major and I can live with it. I also vary my volume a lot and I have yet to find a loudness setting on the Alpine system so as I change volume, I need to readjust the tune since the perception of bass drops off at low volumes ... what a pain. I see the speed setting but not one for loudness. I will look more and hopefully I am missing the setting. As I go thru the volume range, I need to adjust the Bass from -2 to +2 depending on volume ... sigh...

Last edited:

crangel

Reaction score
Well, I'm returning them 5032CFX for some 9623ix, not sure why crutchfield recommended them for the front doors.

Not sure why Crutchfield would recommend those, the mounting location is 6x9. Note that the front doors are filtered at the amp and only produce lower frequencies, the tweeters are useless in this location as all the highs are filtered out. I only used the same ones as the rear doors (which are full range) so I knew the impedance/sensitivity/volume would match up (stock uses same speaker in front and back doors as well).

popcenator

Reaction score
I replaced the front three yesterday and it's great. Has anyone replaced the rear two above the headrests? I bought a couple extra speakers but I can't get the grill off as easily, I didn't try to pry too hard because I didn't want to break them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

drstein

Reaction score
Holy smokes. Ya know, lowered the rear, love the leveled look. Then threw the Hellwig swaybar on, omg, handles like a totally different vehicle. I just put the Infintiy spkrs in the front corner dash, un-freaking-believable. I've literally stood in front of my fair share of Marshall speaker towers in the 70s and 80s, but my hearing is still pretty sharp. The best part of these Infinitys were they were approx 45.00, then 7.99 for the connectors and free ship !! GREAT way to spend 50.00. Wakes up the whole sound system. Now if I could get some gas mileage.

smankins

Reaction score
That sounds like a good deal for the connectors. Where can you get them for $8 with free shipping? I'd like to get some.

Users who are viewing this thread