5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console to bench seat swap Complete

sheepdogtrail

Reaction score
Or, a full-length front floor mat?
Where does one find a full-length front floor mat? I have the bench seat in my 2021, which is what I wanted. I would like to cover the carpet between the front drivers area and the front passenger area with something. I was thinking about making something. But, if I can find something that fits...

Moosefire66

Reaction score
Where does one find a full-length front floor mat? I have the bench seat in my 2021, which is what I wanted. I would like to cover the carpet between the front drivers area and the front passenger area with something. I was thinking about making something. But, if I can find something that fits...
I have a weather tech that is 1 piece, and covers the middle of my 19 1500 dt

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

FubecaDez

Reaction score
Hey man - I bought the bench seat... But will sell you my console for same price if interested.

We could swap carpet, too.

Rambarks

Reaction score
Hey all, looking to trade for or buy a black leather middle jump seat. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 with a centre console and need a jump seat. I’m in Castlegar, BC, Canada. Will travel if needed.

Rambarks

Reaction score
Also, will a 2019 2500 jump seat work with a Ram 1500 sport/Laramie? Local auto wrecker has a jump seat from a 2500.

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
So, I and another member are stuck on the wiring. Trying to swap a 2019 Laramie jump seat without the CD player with a 2021 Limited console without a CD player. The OEM console wiring harness does not want to power up the USBs front or rear (lid works), nor the front power port (rear power works) in the Laramie. This is also the case with the 68362132AC harness. Haven't even tried the jump seat in the Limited. If anyone can PM me if they think they can help we would greatly appreciate it.

FubecaDez

Reaction score
Folks,

Did the Console to Jump Seat swap - however, seem to be missing the beefier Floor Bracket that holds down the JumpSeat.
Here is what my swap looks like at the moment - not exactly sure which Dodge Part No I need to properly bolt the back of the jumpseat onto the floor/frame.

a4cdec07fd2084e95461f0357ab1dae31af6d807-1.jpg Help appreciated. ;)

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wanted to get this recorded for anyone else that wants to take the plunge. I got all my parts from another forum member rlc2020 who gave me his center jump seat and all supporting parts in exchange for my center console (his write up is in this thread : https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/center-console-conversion.4140/). I'm not going to go into a lot of the mechanics of bolting and unbolting pieces because honestly its super simple and pretty intuitive, especially once you pull all your original parts that you will be discarding, it will be easy for you to see where your new parts will go. From my perspective, these were the parts I needed to remove and swap:

1. Entire front carpet (requires disconnecting the connectors under the front seats and pulling out the seats, unless you decide to cut the carpet)
2. Center console (comes out as one unit with a few bolts in the front and the back, no skill required). If you are doing a swap with someone you will most likely give them the wiring harness that is connected to the console, but you will need this for your install so if you get rid of your original one, you will have to order a replacement from a mopar parts store. The jump seat that I was getting did not have a CD player install, so I was going to lose that capability, but no biggie, I just ordered a wiring harness for the center console without the CD player
3. Silver Bracket at the back of the center console that connects it to the floor (see next picture for reference)

View attachment 16417

This next picture shows why you need to swap the carpeting, trucks with the center console have some of the carpeting cut out under the console.

View attachment 16418

At this point, it was a matter of making sure I had everything I needed to install. That includes:

1: New front center dash storage area/trim were your new USBs and power outlet come from
2. Jump seat
3. AC ducting that goes from the center console along the floor to the jump seat
4. Replacement front carpet

Once you're ready to go, first thing is to place your new bracket that will help anchor your jump seat to the floor. It looks similar to the one you removed but its a bit beefier, obviously because it will be holding more weight. Its a simple "swap one in the place of the other" deal. Once that bracket is in, go ahead and install the AC ducting on the floor and then install your carpet over it (sorry I dont have pictures of this, but you can see where it would connect in the picture above, right below the silver bracket at the bottom of your center dash area).

Once your carpet is all back in, you need to prep your jump seat for install. This requires that you wire in your new (or existing) wiring harness so that you can still play with apple car play and charge all your fancy gadgets. I ordered part # 68362132AC since I did not need a CD player wired in, if you do, it would be part # 68362133AD. You will need to access the under side of your jump seat and unplug the entire wiring harness. This is easy to do with the exception of the one set of wires that run into the lid of the jump seat for the single USB in there. IMO its not worth pulling apart the whole seat (it will take you a LONG time if you can even do it) so when it came to that cluster of wires at the end, I just cut it with the plan to connect my new wires from the new wiring harness directly to the old wires. Here is a picture for reference on what it looks like under the jump seat as it comes from the factory:

View attachment 16425

You will need to do some work to get the OEM jump seat harness disconnected from the back facing USB hub. First, you will need to remove both side plastic panels on the seat (see following picture)

View attachment 16426

Then you will need to loosen/disconnect (but not remove) the black plastic piece that sits below the seat cushion but above the main plastic of the back vent area. I'm pointing at it in the picture below, just stick a pry tool in the there and pry it towards the cushion.

View attachment 16427

Once that is loose, you can pry off the whole back piece

View attachment 16428

Will continue on next post...
great info, thanks for sharing, because of the options I wanted I also ended up with the console instead of the bench which i prefer. good to know it can be done for when my time comes for the need of a 6 seater. I'll keep this bookmark.

Chheitmiller

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Laramie with a center console but would like to convert to a jump seat . I am open to swapping. I have also searched the web to purchase a Laramie Bench seat outright but have had no luck. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to find one?

Last edited:

Peck2121

Reaction score
I am talking to the dealer for pricing it all outright. Waiting to hear. If anyone had prices let me know.

bholt

Reaction score
I might be looking at doing the opposite….I have a 21 BH 2500 with jump seat in black cloth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread