5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center Console Slider Swap (Rebel to Limited)

kfscoll

Reaction score
I ordered both parts yesterday from Mopar Online Parts and received an email this morning that 5YE132X7AG is on national backorder. The waiting begins.

Dogboyslim

Reaction score
I just traded my 2500 laramie for a 1500 limited (black w/grey wood covers). I much prefer this style slider like I had in the 2500:
image-jpg.93929

Anyone interested in swapping?

From what I can tell, I pop off the slider top piece at the clip locations, then the slider bottom unscrews from the tabs? Is that correct? I'm near Green Bay/Appleton WI if anyone local is interested.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So you want what's pictured? If so, I have one for sale from a new 2021 Rebel. Then you can keep the Limited's in case you ever want to put it back or you can sell it.

riveralg79

Reaction score
I can trade my slider for a limited one…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
I swapped out my 2020 2500 Limited console for the stock slider to fit my safe, couldn’t be happier! Total ****-poor waste of space on the Longhorn/Limited edition console slider IMO!

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
I just traded my 2500 laramie for a 1500 limited (black w/grey wood covers). I much prefer this style slider like I had in the 2500:
image-jpg.93929

Anyone interested in swapping?

From what I can tell, I pop off the slider top piece at the clip locations, then the slider bottom unscrews from the tabs? Is that correct? I'm near Green Bay/Appleton WI if anyone local is interested.
If your looking to swap your limited slider for the one you have pictured above I’ll swap you the one out of my Laramie. You say the word. 👍🏼

spdglez78

Reaction score
Anyone doing this swap be aware the top and the bottom 6LY66TX7AA is on back order. I was told the top had no ETA and the bottom is 3-4 weeks.
Anyone looking for a Laramie cupholder let me know, I'll give you a good deal. I'm in Phoenix

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Luigi_dfw

Reaction score
Anyone doing this swap be aware the top and the bottom 6LY66TX7AA is on back order. I was told the top had no ETA and the bottom is 3-4 weeks.
Anyone looking for a Laramie cupholder let me know, I'll give you a good deal. I'm in Phoenix

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I've got both parts available for sale. They don't fit with the Laramie Southwest Edition console safe.

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
It’s literally “space vs design”.
The Longhorn/Limited will give you a nice “look”, but screws you over in “space”.
I have a 2020 Limited 2500, swapped mine out with a stock/Bighorn console so I could fit my console safe & have more room in the actual slide. Personal preference I guess, I’ll take the “room/functionality” over looks any day, JMO.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
It’s literally “space vs design”.
The Longhorn/Limited will give you a nice “look”, but screws you over in “space”.
I have a 2020 Limited 2500, swapped mine out with a stock/Bighorn console so I could fit my console safe & have more room in the actual slide. Personal preference I guess, I’ll take the “room/functionality” over looks any day, JMO.

Yeah true that. I was jusssst about to pull the trigger on getting the fancy console but decided not to because it robs you of a ton of space up top and below. I still might do it one day but for now I like my big junk drawer 😂

Another Money Pit

Reaction score
If anyone nearby WI that is looking to buy a none limited center console I have one for sale.

Whiskey_Glide

Reaction score
ISO of a Bighorn/Laramie center slider console, preferably in black & in good condition. Trading in my 2500 in on a 3500 & I’m going to have to start all over & install another console safe. TIA.

Scooterbags

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread: I have 2019 Laramie and looking for the Limited style cupholder and lower tray. Will trade my Laramie cupholder if interested. Located Milwaukee WI.

TIA

Mad Cow

Reaction score
Also reviving this older thread. I'd like to do this swap and add the Limited console to my Laramie. All the parts sites that have this part are now $550 or more for the parts. Does anyone want to do a swap, my Laramie console for your Limited? Or have a site that's back down in the $200 range?

Users who are viewing this thread