5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console conversion?

Smith3lance

Reaction score
I’m swapping from bench seat to console. The console I bought comes with both brackets. What is the part number for the dash pieces and what else do I need?

cubsfaninsc

Reaction score
Another swap completed. Bench to console. Thanks to the members of this awesome forum that helped out with this little project.

You are all, MAKING RAM GREAT AGAIN

If anybody needs help with this transition, message me and I will try to give you the most detailed info for a no brainer swap. But I can only offer the bench to console side of the story, console to bench is a whole different game!
Please let me know the ins and outs. I just bought a Laramie with a bench, and want to go to a console.

ScottR

Reaction score
Ok so look, if you're buying a console you'll also need to buy a few other things that will complete the look on your truck. If the console comes with a harness then you're okay. If not you're gonna have to buy one.

When I did the swap I swapped back bracket so I'm not really sure if it's the same one as the bench seat one but here.
Im sorry to ask a stupid question but wanted to be sure before I started my swap and found out I didn’t have enough parts . When you say “console came with the harness” is the harness you are talking about needing to purchase, the one inside the console like my pictures or is it a harness that connects between the console and the dash? Thank you for any help you can give me this forum has been awesome!

Attachments

• 15882CE6-DC53-48DD-8C0F-6895D39F70D3.jpeg
    15882CE6-DC53-48DD-8C0F-6895D39F70D3.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 161
  • B61393B1-4636-4739-962F-E503C6D307E3.jpeg
    B61393B1-4636-4739-962F-E503C6D307E3.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 159

SkyHawk6j

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

This thread is absolutely awesome with all the information and everyone seems extremely helpful! I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad Cab (New Body Style) with a center jump seat I am interested in seeing if anyone has the console they are wanting to do a swap for? I have the standard interior and trim it is black, no leather or anything (not big iPad screen either, not sure if that makes a difference or not), I can post pictures. Would prefer the center console match the interior as much as possible.

I am located in Las Vegas, NV, I'm assuming if I find someone to swap with the only extra pieces I'll need are the wiring harness extender and the brackets? What about the carpet is it pretty easy to take the existing carpet out or does it need to be cut out? Want to make sure it's done correctly so I'm not screwing the other person over if I find someone wanting to do this lol.

Truck is brand new 5k miles on it, smoke and pet free.

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you don’t swap carpet you will need to make a minor cut. The person with the center console will have a uncovered spot so they need to purchase front carpet or swap

Jules5110

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram 2500 and have a bench seat center console. Anybody selling one or want to trade for a full center console?

klevrgrafix

Reaction score
I'm sure it's laughable, but anyone with a "Built to Serve" want to swap their center console for a" Built to Serve" 3rd seat? Lol (It's worth a shot) Only 800 miles on the truck with 0 minutes of ***-time on the 3rd seat. Located in Northeast Ohio.

lwood249

Reaction score
RLC2020, When you installed your console did you use all 3 connectors coming from the dash to your new console? I know you said you used the USB extension. Pic attached shows my truck 3 connectors i have. Left connector is USB #2, Center is Aux. Jack, Right connector is USB #1. Did you cut these, use them all? Just trying to figure out how i will get my new console USB's to work. View attachment 39547
How did you get these to reach?
My console I bought had some hooked to it alreay, I assume I just unhook those? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ScottR

Reaction score
RLC2020, When you installed your console did you use all 3 connectors coming from the dash to your new console? I know you said you used the USB extension. Pic attached shows my truck 3 connectors i have. Left connector is USB #2, Center is Aux. Jack, Right connector is USB #1. Did you cut these, use them all? Just trying to figure out how i will get my new console USB's to work. View attachment 39547
Did you end up using the big plug on the far right? I couldn’t find anywhere to plug it into so I did not. I only used the H connector that had to be unwrapped from the harness and I used the USB that was with it as well then only used the gray usb for the other. I fired it up and all the USBs and car play work but have not tried the CD player ( which I assume comes from the H connector since it was the only wire going to my seat where my old CD player was) . Also the 110 outlet does not work but I did not have a 110 outlet Before with my bench seat so I’m assuming I would need an investor to make it work?

wassim

Reaction score
rlc2020,
I received a console from a forum member here (goldeneeye) and am getting ready to take out my third row seat and install the console. I saw that you had done the swap already and i have read all the posts i could find. I just wanted to ask you if i had everything i might need.
1) I bought the $5 USB extension off ebay.
2) I ordered the rear bracket to mount console to floor.
3) Could not find front bracket which looks almost identical to rear bracket from your pics, or SNB107's pics. I am guessing the bracket may be behind front part of my dash?
4) Is there a wiring harness i should order too? Would you know part number or have any info?

Anything you could help with would be great. You have helped alot already and because of your swap with SNB107 i was motivated enough to get the console to install.

Buzz
Hey
I’m doing the bench to console swap
Can you help me with some info please
What is the usb extension called or what is the part number
Is there a link you can provide me please
My truck is bighorn level 1
What do I need other than the usb extension
Thx again

ramlady20

Reaction score
I have a seat if your still interested in swapping the console out
Ram 1500 Big horn 2020

mtmgtz

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Laramie 1500 with the black center seat if anyone is interested in swapping their console out.

malgen

Reaction score
I have a 19 bighorn with a jumpseat if anyone is looking to trade for a center console. It the peanut butter brown interior...

Thesloppy1

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 2020 warlock. I just bought a console off of eBay. I bought the front and rear metal brackets and triangle trim pieces. Is there anything else I’m going to need? I’ve heard some mention of changing the radio/dash bezel? Every video I’ve watched seems to gloss over that part real quickly.

what do you think?

also, if anyone is in the Durango, CO area, I’ll have my black jump seat for sale in the next couple weeks. Never been sat in. Truck has under 2000 miles on it.
thanks.

Terryjburn

Reaction score
Sorry. New here. I have removed my console from my 2017 Big Horn Crew Cab and have already bought a jump seat. I am struggling with the dash pieces I will need. Can anybody point me in the right direction for parts or part numbers? My local CDJR dealer was no help at all.

tdb0021

Reaction score
Has anyone had trouble getting the rear USB’s to work? I have all the other ones working (including the one on the inside of the console) but the rears will not power up.

Users who are viewing this thread