5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cargomaxx HD coils

gomango392

Reaction score
So after finding virtually no feedback, posts or anything about the Dayton cargomaxx HD springs, I figured I'd be the ginneau pig and check them out for myself and for you guys.
for the full install and iverview, please check out the video i made!
Here it goes.

So let me clear up why I went with them and not the Tufftrucks or any of the others, the only reason is because they're the only coils that I could find that offer enough lift for what I need. I needed exactly 1" of rear lift which my Eibach springs gave me but the eibachs didn't have the extra load capacity. So I found these cargomaxx springs. The ones I installed, part number 351893HD are actually designed for 4th gens but work on 5th gens. These are the standard 35% load increase which give non ORP/Rebel trucks 1" of lift at 35% load increase. They have an XHD variant which gives 2" lift on the 5th gens and 70% load increase but 2" is too much, said no woman ever. These gave me exactly 1" which is what I needed!

They do offer stock height springs with 35% load increase btw. Now for 5th gen specific springs, they have again, an HD and HXD variant but both of those give 2.5" of lift (subtract 1" for orp or rebels) which is too much. So I went with the 1" 4th gen springs. Incase you're wondering, yep it works! They fit like factory.

Onto the fun stuff, with the eibach springs (stock springs would be the same as far as how much sag there is) without the trailer hooked up, it was 14" from the top of the wheel to the bottom lip of the box side, and with the trailer attached (4,000lbs) the truck sagged 2.5". It went from 14" to 11.5"!

With the Cargomaxx 35% increase springs, I still have that 14" of gap and once I hooked the same trailer up, the truck only lowered 1"! It went from 14" to 13". A massive improvement.

Now for ride, they are variable rate. They ride great, definitely stiffer over bumps but nothing to be concerned with if you are wanting these and unsure of ride. Trust me, between my F ply tires and these, it's totally bearable. They ride like stock until you hit a bump.and then you can feel the stiffness but again, it's not out of this world by any means. I also installed some bilstein 5100 rear shocks as well.

Now for pictures, the first picture, the top pic is unloaded with the cargomaxx springs and the bottom pic is with the 4,000lb trailer hooked up.

Next picture Is with the trailer hooked up with the eibachs, look at that wheel to fender gap!

The 3rd picture is with the Dayton coils, much more gap!

Attachments

• FunPic_20240419_092226299.jpg
    FunPic_20240419_092226299.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240418_190117_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_190117_Gallery.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20240419_222637_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419_222637_Gallery.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread