5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carbon Filter Delete?

cotonymopar

Reaction score
Not going to happen.
that is why I said it would be nice! I have owned rams since 97, I like the growl, but would like to get some cool air in the intake from the hood... I like the newer design of the airbox, instead of going into the fender, but would like to get a straight pipe form the box to the throttle body instead of the bendable rippled stop one.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
that is why I said it would be nice! I have owned rams since 97, I like the growl, but would like to get some cool air in the intake from the hood... I like the newer design of the airbox, instead of going into the fender, but would like to get a straight pipe form the box to the throttle body instead of the bendable rippled stop one.

You need to find a friend with a 3D printer to make you one;) I'd buy it as well(y)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the release of the Mishimoto can that I preordered:) That will be my last mod...maybe;)

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

whetrick1

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the release of the Mishimoto can that I preordered:) That will be my last mod...maybe;)

I've also got one on pre-order. Can't wait till it comes in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whetrick1

Reaction score

My 2019 pipe is straight compared to my 2016 was

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Added AEM 28-20247 dry media filter and popped off the carbon filter rivets using a flathead screwdriver prying the filter away from the top of the airbox. easy peasy. Wasn't expecting anything gained and really only did it because it was time (~13k miles) to replace the OE paper filter, or so I thought. The paper filter still looked in very good condition, so I kept it and will pop it in when I clean the AEM and let it dry for a few days.
Again, wasn't really expecting any gains or improvements, but things did change a bit. Prior to this change out, on WOT shifts I would get a little intake burp sound and hesitation at the top of the gear pre-shift, that is no longer the case, just a clean quick shift.
Sound...It's not louder but does have a more aggressive sound from under the hood while at WOT, it's subtle but is an improvement nonetheless.
Performance...I cannot quantify, nor do I care to, but the truck just feels a little lighter than before.
All the above was not expected at all, and not placebo, try it yourself and see. For a quick mod and ~ $40.00 for something that was a maintenance item to actually make an improvement in performance (though small), it was a pleasant surprise.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Added AEM 28-20247 dry media filter and popped off the carbon filter rivets using a flathead screwdriver prying the filter away from the top of the airbox. easy peasy. Wasn't expecting anything gained and really only did it because it was time (~13k miles) to replace the OE paper filter, or so I thought. The paper filter still looked in very good condition, so I kept it and will pop it in when I clean the AEM and let it dry for a few days.
Again, wasn't really expecting any gains or improvements, but things did change a bit. Prior to this change out, on WOT shifts I would get a little intake burp sound and hesitation at the top of the gear pre-shift, that is no longer the case, just a clean quick shift.
Sound...It's not louder but does have a more aggressive sound from under the hood while at WOT, it's subtle but is an improvement nonetheless.
Performance...I cannot quantify, nor do I care to, but the truck just feels a little lighter than before.
All the above was not expected at all, and not placebo, try it yourself and see. For a quick mod and ~ $40.00 for something that was a maintenance item to actually make an improvement in performance (though small), it was a pleasant surprise.
I did the same thing about a year ago.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did the same long time ago. Positive driving improvements also from such a little & cheap thing done

Kob0583

Reaction score
One of the first things I did to my truck the Carbon filter is only there to make it CARB compliant for sale in CA

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^agree, also for cafe points. Let’s not misunderstand the whole situation lol
Edit: got to make up for the hellcat points lost some how lol

Users who are viewing this thread