5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cap/topper options

crazydive

Reaction score
Does anyone here have QuadCab /6'4 bed and installed top shell with side windoors ? Could you post some pictures from the front angle?

I created a separate thread as the SnugTop I received doesn't fit correctly and I need to make a decision what is the best alternative. Thanks in advance

slimchance

Reaction score
here are pixs of our Leer caps

Attachments

• 20190208_085504_resized.jpg
    20190208_085504_resized.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 405
  • 20190208_085702_resized.jpg
    20190208_085702_resized.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 406
  • SAM_0452.jpg
    SAM_0452.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 376

crazydive

Reaction score
Does anyone have Quadcab 6'4 and cap with winDoors ? I was told it is a bit different product and different fit.

Thanks in advance

JustMe

Reaction score
here are pixs of our Leer caps
NICE QUADS ! . . . and I ain't talking muscles . I'm a "quad guy" too . Wonder what the ratio would look like, of Quad vs. Crew buyers here . . . but more importantly within that ratio, what % of SINGLE Persons vs. Married Persons who own them ? ? ? For instance I am now single and retired (older, ha) and find the Crew not to my liking . My (yet to order) 2020 will be a Quad . . . If they offered it as a 2 door with the larger Cabin - like I had in my 2003 - I'd buy that over a Quad . Yea I realize I'm in the "minority" here, but we all have OUR idea of what will work "for Us" !

CMENT

Reaction score
These are the best I have. When I get home i can take a better pic of the back.

I have always been a ARE guy (Z’s on the last two), but went with the XQ with Leer Locker this round. Due to the QC issues with the Revo, etc. I am OK with the looks of the Leer, but the Locker is great. Can handle almost all my bird hunting gear and emergency recover gear with no problem. Never will have another shell without it.

If you get the Leer Locker, make sure you go over and torque the fasteners to “spec” every so often. They will rattle loose. Someone failed to install the required lock-washers on mine and I almost had a series problem when I noticed one corner had vibrated off and was hanging gown about 10inches. At the time, two other corners were about 2 threads from killing the top.

You can get an ARE and then add a Cap-rack on your own, but you better be good at measuring.

Above all, I bit the bullet and got the BedRug all around as opposed to just the bed floor. Not sure of the benefits of the bed sides being wrapped in BedRug, but it really looks nice and is a benefit when you crawl in the bed or sleep in the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mrwilcox281

Reaction score
I just Got my leer topper installed yesterday and love it, I think I'm one of the first to get it, I pre-ordered about 2 months ago. This is the top of the line 100XQ with Leer Locker. Also installed BedRug and Undercover swing cases. Topper has 3 LED light strips in the ceiling with gas powered switch on glass door, Cap locks and unlocks with truck remote, front window removes so window glass on cab and outside cap glass can be cleaned. Total cost with Swing cases around $4800.00

Really like this setup. Hows it treating you now that it has some miles?

RamSco

Reaction score
I have always been a ARE guy (Z’s on the last two), but went with the XQ with Leer Locker this round. Due to the QC issues with the Revo, etc. I am OK with the looks of the Leer, but the Locker is great. Can handle almost all my bird hunting gear and emergency recover gear with no problem. Never will have another shell without it.

If you get the Leer Locker, make sure you go over and torque the fasteners to “spec” every so often. They will rattle loose. Someone failed to install the required lock-washers on mine and I almost had a series problem when I noticed one corner had vibrated off and was hanging gown about 10inches. At the time, two other corners were about 2 threads from killing the top.

You can get an ARE and then add a Cap-rack on your own, but you better be good at measuring.

Above all, I bit the bullet and got the BedRug all around as opposed to just the bed floor. Not sure of the benefits of the bed sides being wrapped in BedRug, but it really looks nice and is a benefit when you crawl in the bed or sleep in the bed.

I really liked the idea of that Locker and almost ordered it. But I had a concern about it maybe blocking visibility via the rear view mirror. Any issue there?

CMENT

Reaction score
I really liked the idea of that Locker and almost ordered it. But I had a concern about it maybe blocking visibility via the rear view mirror. Any issue there?

No issues with visibility. It is really tucked in.
d368609105bfd8b29a5c03b00b774c3e.jpg

Mrwilcox281

Reaction score
Thank you. My last couple trucks were white which I really like too. My wife talked me into a different color on this one.

Nice. I went the other way. Traded my 2015 v6 4x2 for my current truck. Not thrilled with white, but I coundnt pass up the deal. Thinking about doing a wrap or something.

rotts4u

Reaction score
Here is my ARE CX Revo.

Attachments

• 2019-12-09 17.19.53.jpg
    2019-12-09 17.19.53.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 332

rotts4u

Reaction score
Wow. That’s the one I am looking at. Looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only option I added was the extra LED light ropes on top and they really make a big difference.

sims1dh

Reaction score
Man I really wish one of the camper shell companies would make a topper with some chrome trim around the windows to match the trim around the windows of my truck. I really want to get a camper shell again but I just don't like the look of the trucks when the trim doesn't match whats on the camper.

Having the same issue myself. It just looks off without the chrome trim if you have it on you other windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread