5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cap/topper options

WRH

Reaction score
They are on a 6 week production cycle, sometimes quicker. Cost, mine is about 3K. It's loaded though: roof rack, fold up screened side windoors, ceiling carpet, front window folds down, small front window, LED light strips...

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But whats the cost? haha

I'm hoping more come out soon. I really want to keep it in the 1000-1400 range, otherwise I would probably just go tonneau.

The current available toppers from ARE are the following:

MX Seies
Overland
V Series
CX Classic

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like SnugTop has updated their site to show availability for the Double Cab with a 5.5ft bed. Is that even an option for the 1500? Seems like they use their own cab naming rather then the OEM naming.

http://www.snugtop.com/availability/ram

Yeah... looking at the other entries I think they mean Quad Cab... they aren't local to me so I haven't even looked at them.

AMarsh

Reaction score
Yeah... looking at the other entries I think they mean Quad Cab... they aren't local to me so I haven't even looked at them.

Except the Quad Cab only comes with a 6'5" bed. Even more weird is that the bed size options for a 1500 are 6'5" or 5'7"...no 5'5".

There are less places around me that carry snugtop but it seems like to me that they have the best fitment.

capecodcaper

Reaction score
Except the Quad Cab only comes with a 6'5" bed. Even more weird is that the bed size options for a 1500 are 6'5" or 5'7"...no 5'5".

There are less places around me that carry snugtop but it seems like to me that they have the best fitment.

5.7 is what theyve always called the short bed.

clotagames

Reaction score
Have had Leer 100XQ and moved it from 2014 1500 to 2017 2500 6 4 bed. Not going to go back to a Leer this time if I get a cap. To many problems with leaking 3rd brake light and biggest gripe was rear window would not stay up in cold weather. Went through 3 sets of gas shocks and failed them all. Liked the look but they have went crazy on pricing.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have had Leer 100XQ and moved it from 2014 1500 to 2017 2500 6 4 bed. Not going to go back to a Leer this time if I get a cap. To many problems with leaking 3rd brake light and biggest gripe was rear window would not stay up in cold weather. Went through 3 sets of gas shocks and failed them all. Liked the look but they have went crazy on pricing.

Honestly, the pricing is a bit much on all of them unless you get the one that looks like it was built in the 70's.

jaychris

Reaction score
If you insist on arguing...

I find the hinges on the LEER to sub-standard... I've seen screen doors with better hinges
Attachment points through the glass (vs them being bonded) take away from the clean look
I generally find the fit/finish to be not as good as ARE

The CX Revo goes over the rail
The windows are tinted on the CX REVO
Never had an issue with latch on my Z-Series I purchased in 2006 (lived in Chicago for 2 years)
The brake light was molded into the cap on the Z-Series I purchased in 2006
I had an interior light on the Z-Series I purchased in 2006
The front glass folded down on the Z-Series I purchased in 2006

No idea why your 2015 Z-Series seems so different from my 2006 Z-Series I had on my Dakota.

This is a pic of the ARE REVO cap @SEMA

View attachment 11815

Damn I want that cap right now.

Nickjansen

Reaction score
Here they are. I'm thinking that if there were slim chrome strips around the side windows it might match up better with the truck, but i still like it. The giant Leer badge in the back could go IMO. View attachment 9256 View attachment 9257
I am 2 weeks away from the install on my 100XR with what seems all the same options as you but in the delmonico red on a limited as well. You are the first one that posted a pic of what it will look like for mine just in a different color. I owe you one! :) WOW thats SICK

Rod Knock

Reaction score
I put in a pre order today for an ARE CX REVO. Dealer called back an hour later and said he was able to place the order and was told the eta is 2nd week in March.

WRH

Reaction score
Nice! Mine is finished and on a truck heading towards Seattle! I hope it can get through the snow for this weekend!

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put in a pre order today for an ARE CX REVO. Dealer called back an hour later and said he was able to place the order and was told the eta is 2nd week in March.

Guess I'll be calling the local place and see what they say.

rdllrhd

Reaction score
What was the price quoted? I'm going to head to the dealer tomorrow to inquire about this exact top.

knightro84

Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in the CX Revo too, might call a couple local topper places. I was searching around on Instagram and saw a couple 2019's with the CX Revo installed and it definitely looks awesome.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in the CX Revo too, might call a couple local topper places. I was searching around on Instagram and saw a couple 2019's with the CX Revo installed and it definitely looks awesome.

2019 RAMs? I've only seen the one they posted for SEMA back in Oct.

knightro84

Reaction score
This is one where I actually remembered what hashtag I searched. I saw another one on a different truck from the SEMA truck, but it had some graphics on it so it might have been another show truck.

3A164016-EDCA-4A99-A3AB-B3924C1F69AB.jpeg

mike0012

Reaction score
This is one where I actually remembered what hashtag I searched. I saw another one on a different truck from the SEMA truck, but it had some graphics on it so it might have been another show truck.

View attachment 16021

That's the best picture I've seen yet. I've only been able to get these from ARE

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 343
  • are1.jpg
    are1.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 346
  • are2.jpg
    are2.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 356
  • CX Revo 1.jpg
    CX Revo 1.jpg