5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cap/topper options

louz

Reaction score
Local dealer was of no use, contacted ARE directly last month and they stated "we have no release date for this unit (Z or CX REVO) for the 2019 RAM 6'4" bed"
I also contacted ARE myself and was told the same.

Michael_D

Reaction score
My Leer dealer told me 4-6 weeks after the manufacturer receives the order. I live in Alaska, so those of you who live closer to one of their three plants in the lower 48 will most likely get theirs sooner.

I don't like ARE, because they have a funky looking trim piece on the bottom edge that just doesn't look as clean as the Leer. Just something to consider when you shop around. Some people like that look, other (like me) hate it.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that SnugTop is taking order now as well. SnugTop make a really nice cap.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't like ARE, because they have a funky looking trim piece on the bottom edge that just doesn't look as clean as the Leer. Just something to consider when you shop around. Some people like that look, other (like me) hate it.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that SnugTop is taking order now as well. SnugTop make a really nice cap.

I hear ya... we all have our likes/dislikes... I think the trim piece is an option, but I never gave it much thought.. To me thee hinges on the LEER look flimsy and all the attachments through the windows make it look terrible to me... I may just go down to the dealer and take a look in person anyway.

Sadly no Snugtop near me... only LEER or ARE.

mike0012

Reaction score
Anyone seen any images of toppers on the new rams? I figured with sema, we'd have seen some of the options by now.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone seen any images of toppers on the new rams? I figured with sema, we'd have seen some of the options by now.

This is off their FB page... the only one with a '19 RAM that I am aware of.... CX Revo with inset window

44783318_10161049637960013_4106415903833325568_n.jpg

WRH

Reaction score
Snugtop and ARE are very close. I want a raised topper (ARE MX or Snugtop Hi-Liner). I had an MX on my Tacoma and loved it. Both are very similar in quality and I'll take the first that hits the market (looks like ARE may get there first).

One benefit of the Snugtop Sport version is the rear glass will let you tie the lock into your key fob. That would be sweet and makes me lean towards theirs over ARE. If it is close, I may wait...

I plan on getting side vented windows that open (door windows), carpeted roof, tracks for a rack on the roof, and front window. Can't wait! Been anxious since the day I bought the truck in early July...

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@WRH Someone posted elsewhere that the LEER XQ is available now... the ARE still looks cleaner though...

WRH

Reaction score
ARE has several ready to order that are not the raised style. They sent me this a month ago:

We are excited to announce that we have the following products available for order NOW for the 2019 Ram!

Ram 67" Bed:
- MX Series
- CX Classic Only
- V Classic
- DCU*
- DCU MAX*
- Diamond Edition DCU*
- Classic Aluminum

Ram 76" Bed:
- V Classic
- DCU*
- DCU MAX*
- Diamond Edition DCU*
- Classic Aluminum

*Half rear door models only. Full door style rear doors are still in development.

COMING SOON:

- CX Classic 76” bed - preparing for pilot build
- MX Series 76” bed - preparing test fit
- Z Series - early design stage

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah... I'm waiting on the CX Revo... looks like it will be a while...

slimchance

Reaction score
i had the Leer 100XQ installed on my 2019 Ram 6'4" bed on nov 5th.. fits and looks good ... this is the only model available for now ... see my corrected post below ... this cap is the "R"

Last edited:

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i had the Leer 100XQ installed on my 2019 Ram 6'4" bed on nov 5th.. fits and looks good ... this is the only model available for now

100XQ is the newest model... when I contacted LEER at the end of October they stated the only model available is the 100R and that the XQ would not be available until closer to the new year.

If you do have the XQ, can you post up some pics of the interior/exterior/and hardware?

Last edited:

louz

Reaction score
I tried ordering a 100xq and was told not available yet ?????

slimchance

Reaction score
checked the paper work for the cap ... it is the "R" ... sorry for the mix .... mine has the double handles ... i have had the "XQ" on several other trucks but not the 2019 ... told the only real difference is the back tail gate window ... structure is the same and these side windows slide instead of crank out .... although i have NEVER opened the windows on the other caps ...

JHowellAK

Reaction score
I bought a Leer 100XR for mine. At the front bottom, it doesn't seem to quite line up well (slightly longer than the bed). Havent really dug into it yet to see if the installation was a bit wonky, but it covers the tailgate lip well. Ended up being just about $2,050 with ivory tricoat.

Attachments

• Leer 100XR.jpg
    Leer 100XR.jpg
    767.1 KB · Views: 544

Doc

Reaction score
this here is what I got, took about 8 weeks to get it fabricated and painted to match since theres none on the shelf for our trucks yet...A.R.E. is the brand w bedbug. It unlocks when truck is unlocked and locks when truck locks w key fob
Good luck
As we say up here in Maine "Wicked sharp"

louz

Reaction score
I ordered a Leer 100XQ. Leer called my dealer today and said in about 2 weeks. Hope so :)

MN5241

Reaction score
I bought a Leer 100XR for mine. At the front bottom, it doesn't seem to quite line up well (slightly longer than the bed). Havent really dug into it yet to see if the installation was a bit wonky, but it covers the tailgate lip well. Ended up being just about $2,050 with ivory tricoat.
Do you have more pictures of the full truck? I need to convince the wife that it won't "look bad".

Users who are viewing this thread