5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you still order 5.7 Without eTorque?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it works for Ram, who am I to complain? Now to find some good truck scales near me...

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Also noticed that the Hemi said normal and Etorque whereas the 3.6 doesn't even mention Etorque.:ROFLMAO:

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Ordered a 2019 Rebel Tuesday in Virginia, and the only 2 engine choices for it were V6, and 5.7L w/eTorque. Regular 5.7 L Hemi was not an option.

TimG

Reaction score
Ordered a 2019 Rebel Tuesday in Virginia, and the only 2 engine choices for it were V6, and 5.7L w/eTorque. Regular 5.7 L Hemi was not an option.
I ordered a regular Hemi in mine, but when I got the build sheet from my dealer after ordering it was changed to E-Torque. Guess that's the price you pay for progress...

JohnC

Reaction score
I’m still checking back often before mine is delivered. I’d rather have the non etorque system. I know my odds are slim to none.

D

Deleted member 85

I’m still checking back often before mine is delivered. I’d rather have the non etorque system. I know my odds are slim to none.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised with how the E-Torque will perform. I truly believe it will be a game changer in the half-ton segment.

JohnC

Reaction score
I sure hope so and also hope the service departs have had adequate training on these as well.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's a really unfair comment.

When my first 2.0L turbo Cherokee arrived the first thing my shop foreman did was take it down to the shop and go through it with his team.
I have had a hybrid before and only specific technicians could work on it due to only them being trained and certified with the new technology. I can bet not all employees will be able to work on e-torques for awhile

D

Deleted member 85

I have had a hybrid before and only specific technicians could work on it due to only them being trained and certified with the new technology. I can bet not all employees will be able to work on e-torques for awhile
That's a completely different thought, and maybe I misunderstood. There are different levels of apprenticeship for automotive technicians, no different than plumber, electricians, etc. My first year techs are doing oil changes, PDI's, some accessory installs. They will not be opening up an engine.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
As far as I know, you can order with or without. I specifically did not want it. I hate start/stop...

JohnC

Reaction score
Not as of mid June. Only the 27H (etorque was available). Not sure about Canada sales.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With a Belt Generator/Starter, there is no downside to drivability. There is no mechanical clunk from starter engagement. The E-torque, according to SpeedyV's test drive today, has very snappy response from engine off to acceleration. He floored it from engine off and it broke the tires lose with no noticeable lag. Time will tell as these trucks are just reaching the dealers today.

rvsixer

Reaction score
As far as I know, you can order with or without. I specifically did not want it. I hate start/stop...
Too bad e-torque is being confused with a normal stop/start system (which I also dislike operationally), and also that it's an either or proposition:
1) E-torque is a more of a start/start system. Start moving with instant torque at ZERO rpm, then seamlessly transition to gas (bypassing the zero rpm lag of gas only)
2) e-torque start/stop is not forced on user, as it can be disabled.

JohnC

Reaction score
So as of today the non etorque engine is available again but the off road package is not. Crap. I want to cancel my order with the etorque and order the regular hemi but I want the off-road pkg too.

Now they’re telling me the non etorque is on restriction. Holy crap. How can I double check for ordering restrictions?

Last edited:

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2) e-torque start/stop is not forced on user, as it can be disabled.

Anything that can't be disabled permanently or removed from the optional equipment is forced on the user. Having to go through the settings screen everytime you start the truck isn't disabling it. If it was optional, I would've gone with e-Torque.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online