5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you still order 5.7 Without eTorque?

Ryanww

Reaction score
Need the other dealer persons on here, I tried building a truck for a customer, like mine, and it would not allow me to select 25H the 5.7 Hemi, the only option shown was 27H for the 5.7 Hemi with eTorque....was it an error in the system for me or is Chrysler doing this because they are facing a crazy CAFE tax from the US government, since they are half way through the year, and only have 1/3 of the hybrid Pacificas sold, that they need to sell, in order to balance the books for MPG regulations?

Side note. Manfucturers do not pay per vehicle, but as an fleet whole at the end of the year, for the following year

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
Need the other dealer persons on here, I tried building a truck for a customer, like mine, and it would not allow me to select 25H the 5.7 Hemi, the only option shown was 27H for the 5.7 Hemi with eTorque....was it an error in the system for me or is Chrysler doing this because they are facing a crazy CAFE tax from the US government, since they are half way through the year, and only have 1/3 of the hybrid Pacificas sold, that they need to sell, in order to balance the books for MPG regulations?

Side note. Manfucturers do not pay per vehicle, but as an fleet whole at the end of the year, for the following year
Ordered mine on 6/15 and 27h was all that was available then, at least on high trims

ryelinek

Reaction score
I have my truck but multiple people have said you can not order a Limited with the normal 5.7 and only eTorque. Not sure if that applies to the Longhorn as well.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score

bobbie big wheels is a canadian dealer who might chime in. i do believe the hemi with e-torque is the only configuration that you can order till January 2019. ( date might be wrong but i think is somewhere on this form)

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was so glad to get my order in under the wire... as intriguing as eTourqe seems on paper, it's as equally terrifying if it goes wrong. I was gun-shy after my air ride nightmare. Nothing but eTourqe till Jan... yikes.

Ryanww

Reaction score
I had my order in a month ago, and got it a week ago. I did not look. But I am going to say you are right that you can no longer order without it

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Come to Canada all the non Etorque are available here:LOL::LOL:. Building on Canadian website standard engine is Hemi:)

JohnC

Reaction score
Come to Canada all the non Etorque are available here:LOL::LOL:. Building on Canadian website standard engine is Hemi:)

I tried to order a non etorque as well but it wouldn’t let them so I went with it. I heard from the dealer they might be coming back this month. If so I’m canceling my order and reordering the non-etorque. I really don’t want a hybrid with a 93lb battery. It might be good but not willing to be a test subject.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried to order a non etorque as well but it wouldn’t let them so I went with it. I heard from the dealer they might be coming back this month. If so I’m canceling my order and reordering the non-etorque. I really don’t want a hybrid with a 93lb battery. It might be good but not willing to be a test subject.

Where did you get the 93lb figure from on the eTorque battery? I was spit balling it at 63lbs (total delta for eTorque) based on the towing guide. I'd like to know if I'm off.

JohnC

Reaction score
I read it somewhere. I’ll see if I can find and post the source. No matter what, it’s still a battery with a mechanical generator and I’d prefer the plain old Hemi. Let me see if I can find it again.

JohnC

Reaction score
Where did you get the 93lb figure from on the eTorque battery? I was spit balling it at 63lbs (total delta for eTorque) based on the towing guide. I'd like to know if I'm off.

I did a quick Google and found on autoweek.com that the “etorque system adds about 100 lbs”. I’ll try to find where I saw the 93lbs but it sounds correct if the system adds 100.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am extremely skeptical also

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am thinking majority of that 100lbs is strapped to the motor:) and not the battery pack as that would be one heavy battery pack the size of a briefcase.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Makes sense, but I'm still leaning towards the tow guide figures. It even has the engineer's name and number on it and that carries much more weight with me than a press quote. Agreed that the battery is extra weight and the motor/generator has to be heavier than the alternator, but then you'd subtract the alternator weight.

The tow guide shows a CC 4x4 5' box eTorque (calls it BSG which I take as belt start generator - probably published before marketing came up with "eTorque") base weight at 5323.15 and a non-eTorque at 5259.81. I picked that config because that's what I ordered. I didn't check the math on other configs because it should be the same. Simple subtraction nets 63.34lbs difference. In my mind that should be the total weight difference between the two trucks.

JohnC

Reaction score
My is in production so I guess I’ll see soon. The battery is located behind the back seat. I’m still hoping the 25H comes back before mine gets delivered so I can reorder.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Screenshot (75).png

84 LBS is the weight difference between an eTorque truck and a non eTorque truck.

JohnC

Reaction score
I ordered the 4x4 crew cab. I’ve got the RAM brochure at home. Have to look it up.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread