5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can’t clear ABS Light, Traction Control, Check Engine Lights

Slink21

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited Longhorn eTorque, and when I changed the battery recently I got lights for ABS, Traction Control and Check Engine.

I owned a 2019 1500 and I’ve seen the lights same lights come on after a battery replacement but they would clear shortly after.

With the 2021, I’ve taken it to a trusted mechanic and they can’t find anything wrong but couldn’t clear it. They advised me to take it to the Dealer for them to plug into it and see if it’s a software issue.
Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so how did you resolve it?

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How long has it been since you put a new battery in?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited Longhorn eTorque, and when I changed the battery recently I got lights for ABS, Traction Control and Check Engine.

I owned a 2019 1500 and I’ve seen the lights same lights come on after a battery replacement but they would clear shortly after.

With the 2021, I’ve taken it to a trusted mechanic and they can’t find anything wrong but couldn’t clear it. They advised me to take it to the Dealer for them to plug into it and see if it’s a software issue.
Has anyone else had a similar problem, and if so how did you resolve it?
I resolved mine by repairing a broken wheel speed sensor wire.

You can not clear those faults from the ABS module without bypassing the security gate way.
If they pop up every time you start driving the truck, then the condition causing them is most likely on-going.

What DTC`s are being thrown?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online