5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabin Filter

Rebel3326

Reaction score
Swapped mine out today at almost 10k, was expecting it to be bad from pix here.. but it wasn't that bad... curious if dealer swapped it when they did my oil and tire rotation at 6k miles.

Glove box removal was super easy took 5 min all together. Just opened glove box and pushed bottom hinges out wth my finger then pushed in the top for it to drop.. left the cable attached... took longer putting it back than getting it out.

Attachments

• 20200530_200907.jpg
    20200530_200907.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 96

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got my 2nd service today and the cabin air filter was filthy... Again. 13K miles, so 8K on this cabin filter.
d79aabf8da7cc2d25d494a0498be762e.jpg

Seems like the cabin air filters are effective, but they need to be changed often in dusty environments.

Engine air cleaner stays cleaner.

Last edited:

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hinges released WAY easier the second time than first for me... I don't know if its because I knew the angle to use the second time or the plastic was more pliable from having previously been removed... first time was frustrating - second time was a breeze.
Agree 100%. Second time was easier but I added a touch of red rubber grease anyhow. I would also add (besides angle, pliable) that I was a little more confident and aggressive. You Tube videos helped with degree of effort.

Gregg72

Reaction score
Did you have any problems with the dampening cord on the y. I pulled my glove box out and broke the one on mine.

LoudHogRider

Reaction score
Inspired by everyone ITT, I ordered the Fram "Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, CF11671" from Amazon, which arrived today. I think I had the glove box door, cabin filter cover removed, and the new filter installed before the Amazon delivery driver left the cul-de-sac. There was some light debris trapped in the cabin filter which spilled into the floorboard area, so I took the liberty of vacuuming the interior of the truck while I was at it or I may have had the whole job done in under 2 minutes.

Watch the YouTube "how to" videos on how to remove the glove box door (yank on the side closest to the center console and drop it on the floor), pop the two tabs on the cabin filter cover and - as the British would say - "Bob's your uncle". It's that easy.

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Gregg72 I broke mine as well and ordered a new one

adter I installed the new one I took a good look at the original (broke ) one and realized that it could be easily repaired as it seems the knot slipped out.

so now I have a spare

Sportznut

Reaction score
Cabin filters are the biggest scam in consumer history!

Bring back the triangular wing window.....JK

This "cord" system sucks..difficult even after watching you tube. Too easy to break.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jako

Reaction score
Cabin filters are the biggest scam in consumer history!

Bring back the triangular wing window.....JK

This "cord" system sucks..difficult even after watching you tube. Too easy to break.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Cabin air filter replacement is nice work if you can get it. $81 labor to replace cabin air filter along with air filter (4 screws in front, located in front engine compartment) on wife's 2017 Civic. Charged $36 for cabin air filter and $36.54 for air filter. $75.00 labor to replace battery, $44.00 labor for oil change.
$500 bill for battery, oil change, air filter and cabin filter.

Another dealership (stealership?) I'm done with, keeping wife.
1617795799758.png
She was going for an oil change when the car would not start (battery at 7 volts and 4 years old). Jumped the battery and said to do battery along with the oil.
Serenity prayer
1617796846364.png

Last edited:

41magmag41

Reaction score
I see no reason for doing this.
You do not need to disassembly the dash/center bezel to get to the cabin filter.

Its three easy steps.
1. Open Glove Compartment Door.
2. Remove the tension tether.
3. Push inward on both side of door to release glove compt stops and pull door out at you.

The cabin filter should be right behind it.
thank you, i was just going to say this, dont know where the other instructions come from, now we know why the dealer charges 108 bucks besides air filter to change it.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I replaced my filter last week at 16,000 miles. lt was dirty but no terribly bad, so I think 15-20K will work for change intervals for me.
Changed my filter again today at 34K, had to come on here to see when I did it last I knew it had been a while. So 18K and 18 months, much dirtier this time around.

dsw1000

Reaction score
Inspired by everyone ITT, I ordered the Fram "Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, CF11671" from Amazon, which arrived today. I think I had the glove box door, cabin filter cover removed, and the new filter installed before the Amazon delivery driver left the cul-de-sac. There was some light debris trapped in the cabin filter which spilled into the floorboard area, so I took the liberty of vacuuming the interior of the truck while I was at it or I may have had the whole job done in under 2 minutes.

Watch the YouTube "how to" videos on how to remove the glove box door (yank on the side closest to the center console and drop it on the floor), pop the two tabs on the cabin filter cover and - as the British would say - "Bob's your uncle". It's that easy.
Do we know if this is the same part for all 5th gens. Amazon is telling me this part won't fit. I have an Eco D.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do we know if this is the same part for all 5th gens. Amazon is telling me this part won't fit. I have an Eco D.
Wix 24579 - better than the Mopar filter. Amazon says it does not fit but it DOES fit both of our Rams - 2020 eTorque and a 2021 Ecodiesel.

Attachments

• 72CE2C71-16E0-4E91-BCBD-20BE00CB29C2.png
    72CE2C71-16E0-4E91-BCBD-20BE00CB29C2.png
    286.4 KB · Views: 18

Jako

Reaction score
Can anyone in this thread please provide the specific Part # for air air filter ?
Mopar OEM 68406048A
Napa 4579
Fresh Breeze cabin air filter (CF11671)
STP brand #CAF1864P (slightly smaller than OEM, # of pleats between Wix and OEM)
ProSelect 224579 (slightly larger than OEM)
Wix 24579 (same size as OEM, more pleats, see attachment)

Attachments

• Ram cabin filter Wix vs OEM.jpg
    Ram cabin filter Wix vs OEM.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

low-and-slow

Reaction score
Well at least you know who to do it now, I actually broke one of the little clips on the filter access cover and had to order another one so I had to take the glove box off second time to replace it when it came in.
Where did you order that part and what part number? Every one that I can find has the hump on the bottom. It’s not the same shape as mine. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online