5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cabin Filter

AndreiV

Reaction score
Here is picture of OEM filter. Replaced with Fram Fresh Breeze cabin air filter (CF11671).
20190825_093352.jpg

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like everyone has said, it was a fairly quick process to change the filter (just a bit tricky at times). Here is a photo of the factory and the replacement filter. I was really surprised with how dirty it was after ~12k miles.
Mine was dirtier than that with less than 5K. It was shocking how much crap that filter ingested in that time.

I let the dealer do it when I had my oil changed. Cost me $28.35 installed.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you got the OEM cabin air filter they pretty much did it for free so a good deal there.

It certainly was a good deal for the dealer to do it. However after seeing how dirty these filters get and what they are keeping out of you and your passengers lungs I would recommend to everyone to get an aftermarket filter that does a much better job than the OEM stock filter. The world is a dirty place and air quality really seems to be getting worse.

Damion

Reaction score
I put a K&N in mine today. They are popular with the 4th gen crowd and not much airflow loss so I figured it would be great in the 19

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought about a K&N washable filter but decided against it. I would rather pay a bit more in the long run to just take five minutes to swap out the filter each time rather than take an hour or so to clean it. I'm probably in the minority on that one but that's just my preference. In my younger years I would have gone the K&N route but as I get older (job, wife, kids, etc.) that hour is harder to come by to spend in the garage.

DarkKnightRT

Reaction score
Replaced my cabin air filter today, it was worse than I thought it would be.

Attachments

• IMG_9717.jpg
    IMG_9717.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 133

DarkKnightRT

Reaction score
26,000 miles, some high dusty conditions at Twentynine Palms Marine base on the ranges for about a month, September.

jmac

Reaction score
I also just replaced mine after 14k miles. was very surprised how dirty it was. I think I will replace every 10k from now on.

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Be careful with some of the filters mentioned in this thread as they will restrict your air flow. Here’s a budget friendly ($10) filter that works extremely well and you can replace at every oil change or 10k miles.
070A64C3-2AF0-4351-A259-1FB72F7E49E6.jpeg
8C28E173-041B-42DF-8E6B-51C0AAA4A4AE.jpeg TYC 800222P Cabin Air Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JXDTHGH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lj2YDbTS4PPHJ

Yeah unfortunately you have to expand further. I think there were ~1,000 downloads (excluding the DTC-Based Diagnostics).

I asked Tech Authority about when they planned to release their hard copy ($130) but they said it wasn't a priority. I got tired of waiting around on them so knocked it out when work was slow one week.
If I send you a share file link would you mind uploading your folder of downloads?

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Be careful with some of the filters mentioned in this thread as they will restrict your air flow. Here’s a budget friendly ($10) filter that works extremely well and you can replace at every oil change or 10k miles.
View attachment 39798
View attachment 39799 TYC 800222P Cabin Air Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JXDTHGH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_lj2YDbTS4PPHJ
The description shows this filter for the 00-19 1500, which would be the Classic. Is there a new part number for the new 19-20 1500?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I replaced my filter last week at 16,000 miles. lt was dirty but no terribly bad, so I think 15-20K will work for change intervals for me.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Need help to remove the glovebox, i tried all the trick but none is work for me also watch 2 video below and still didn't work, would appreciate if somebody can do a quick video show the trick how they removed it. Thanks.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pinching the box to pull the stops in far enough to drop it wasn't working for me (felt like I was going to break it) so I did something similar to the bottom video (but it wasn't as easy as what they showed). I held the box about half way between shut and full open when I did it. It didn't feel like it was going to break but it definitely took some effort to get the box out of the lower hinge.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I replaced my filter last week at 16,000 miles. lt was dirty but no terribly bad, so I think 15-20K will work for change intervals for me.

My first filter change at 8,000 miles was pretty dirty, but my filter change at 28,000 wasn't as dirty as I thought it would be. Going to also change the filter from here on out at 20K or so.

Users who are viewing this thread