5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BWoody Sway Bar Links with Hellwig Swaybar

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score

I am not affiliated with them; but I love this stuff. I'm close to needing to order more myself. We use it on everything.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I am not affiliated with them; but I love this stuff. I'm close to needing to order more myself. We use it on everything.

Do you use it on metal & fiberglass bodies as well?

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Do you use it on metal & fiberglass bodies as well?
Never have used it on fiberglass myself. But if you look at the site, boaters use it. I have used it on aluminum wheels and such before, as well as some highly polished motorcycle parts and glass.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found an old thread saying the Core links use larger bolts and you'll have to drill out your mounts. Someone later commented that Core supplied them with spacers after the fact.

Anyone have any issues mounting the Core links?

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Found an old thread saying the Core links use larger bolts and you'll have to drill out your mounts. Someone later commented that Core supplied them with spacers after the fact.

Kind of lost on....spacers? What series link was it on? And if the hardware is larger.. how would a spacer help unless you had smaller hardware to put in a hole you had sized for the larger hardware?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

When I had rear lowering springs I used the -1" Core rear links and drilled out the top mounts in the frame, no issues. I later removed the springs (replaced with OEM) and re-installed the OEM links which I had to drill out the top hole in the link and just used the Core hardware for the frame mount

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I had rear lowering springs I used the -1" Core rear links and drilled out the top mounts in the frame, no issues. I later removed the springs (replaced with OEM) and re-installed the OEM links which I had to drill out the top hole in the link and just used the Core hardware for the frame mount
So, you only had to drill the truck mounts, but not the sway bar?

John Jensen

Reaction score
... I use a lot of a product called Rejex. It is a sealer, but more like a liquid wax. And is thin, true ceramics are thick.
Not sure I can post this as I am not a vendor but here goes.
I closed my business and have inventory left. I have Rejex by the case or by the item in 1oz and 16oz that I will sell at a great discount (to get rid of my inventory). If interested pm me.

Moderator, if this is in violation ok to delete it.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel like I'm hijacking the Bwoody thread....oops.
I Got the Core's all mounted up and it's a much cleaner look IMO. . They ride exactly like the Hellwig adjustables did.
As far as install I didn't have to drill anything 👍. Core 4x4 sent a smaller insert to accommodate the upper bushing in order to use the OEM bolt and the nut welded to the frame.
The zerke fittings worked great as well, no more removing the end links to grease the bushings woohoo.

FYI I ordered the end links for the 2" lift and they were almost exactly the same length as the hellwig end links adjusted to length for the lift.

I am overall happy with the quality and install. Now time to put them through the paces and see if they hold up.
PXL_20220918_171408784.jpg

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice!

Yeah, sorry about the highjack...

I was planning on measuring mine and contacting them. It's a stock height Rebel, which everyone says is +1".

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice!

Yeah, sorry about the highjack...

I was planning on measuring mine and contacting them. It's a stock height Rebel, which everyone says is +1".
Yeah wouldn't hurt to contact them to see what length you need . I emailed them a few times and they got back to me very quick. Great customer service.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I finally got around to measuring and noticed they list the stock length as 11.25", which is what mine measures. It's also worth noting that my end links are not perpendicular to the bar. So 12.25" might not be a bad idea. I'm going to guess Ram didn't want to pull another part number for such a small difference.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And I finally got around to ordering. Had to contact them. There are 3 part numbers listed. I was told it's a bug in their system just order any of the three. I also got the +1".

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got mine installed. Only two small things to say. Upper M10 bolts were a bit long. Had to add some spacers to keep the unthreaded shank from bottoming out before clamping, and would have preffered the zerks be on the same side. Otherwise they look like they should hold up great.

And now it's time for wheel well liners.

20221005_202451.jpg 20221005_211032.jpg 20221005_211046.jpg

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread