5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BWoody Sway Bar Links with Hellwig Swaybar

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Those of you that have the Hellwig and core ends, did you use the spacer on the bottom. The install video shows sway bar, spacer, bolt.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Thanks me too. I think I’ll do upper and lower control arms next.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Those of you that have the Hellwig and core ends, did you use the spacer on the bottom. The install video shows sway bar, spacer, bolt.
The Core End Links for my 2016 1500 did not come with spacers. They are built with an offset angle. It appears the current Core End Links are built straight and they use a spacer to make the offset.

I use the Hellwig middle hole. Have considered changing to the stiffer inner hole.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The Core End Links for my 2016 1500 did not come with spacers. They are built with an offset angle. It appears the current Core End Links are built straight and they use a spacer to make the offset.

I use the Hellwig middle hole. Have considered changing to the stiffer inner hole.
The Core links had the offset until recently. The set I have from little over a year ago are offset

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Core links had the offset until recently. The set I have from little over a year ago are offset
I wonder if they changed the design and added the spacers for the 5th Gen Ram kit so the basic end links worked for more than one application

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Makes sense why I’ve seen photos of some cores without the spacer. I think I’m going to swap mine to stiffest setting tonight and throw some car wax on them for good measure. Winter is coming.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Those of you with Core's and Hellwig, does it look like your Core's come INWARD and not straight up and down?

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
You're gonna make me go look aren't you? The curiosity will if you don't. 😬
Haha sorry! Mine look like the guy aboves so I guess it’s normal. It just seems like without those spacers they would be straight

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Side note do you remember what you torqued your hellwig u bolts to? Instructions say 30 but customer service said 75 and some forum members say 75. Mine doesn’t feel loose at 30 but my ride is pretty bumpy/swaying a little over bumps and it’s driving me nuts. Maybe I need the panhead

mplaramie

Reaction score
Side note do you remember what you torqued your hellwig u bolts to? Instructions say 30 but customer service said 75 and some forum members say 75. Mine doesn’t feel loose at 30 but my ride is pretty bumpy/swaying a little over bumps and it’s driving me nuts. Maybe I need the panhead
Torqued mine to 75lbs. When talking to Spence at Core, the spacers are optional.

The Core Panhead bar is great as the stock one is a weak point of the truck.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha sorry! Mine look like the guy aboves so I guess it’s normal. It just seems like without those spacers they would be straight
Yeah, mine seem to angle a bit with no spacers.

Now that it's on my mind, I'm going to try the stiffest position and see how it handles.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Torqued mine to 75lbs. When talking to Spence at Core, the spacers are optional.

The Core Panhead bar is great as the stock one is a weak point of the truck.
I’m going to torque mine to 75 in the morning. I might try no spacers.

I know people say a sway bar shouldn’t change ride quality but stiffest was too firm for me.

Users who are viewing this thread