5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BWoody Sway Bar Links with Hellwig Swaybar

cervelo15

Reaction score
Hello all….I was wondering if anyone here has run the combo of BWoody rear sway bar links with the Hellwig sway bar? It says on their website that the end links have not been tested with aftermarket sway bar. Not sure if they are saying that as a CYA or if indeed it causes issues.

I want to upgrade the end links and this is a set I’ve had my eye on.

Heres a link to the links I’m checking out:

Thanks for your help!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all….I was wondering if anyone here has run the combo of BWoody rear sway bar links with the Hellwig sway bar? It says on their website that the end links have not been tested with aftermarket sway bar. Not sure if they are saying that as a CYA or if indeed it causes issues.

I want to upgrade the end links and this is a set I’ve had my eye on.

Heres a link to the links I’m checking out:

Thanks for your help!
Did you end up purchasing these end links?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t yet, got side tracked with overhauling a couple of my bikes. That is my plan to get it shortly and can report back on How it works.
Ok, I ended up ordering a set from Core 4x4 only because they confirmed they would work with the Hellwig. Half the price as well.

Luigi_dfw

Reaction score
I'll let you know how well they mount up to the Hellwig.
I replaced the factory end links with the hellwig end links (part number 7961) when I installed the hellwig sway bar (part number 7709) on my 2022 Laramie.

They are much beefier than stock and were quite easy to match the length of the stock end links.

I would recommend if you wanted another option beyond the core 4x4s.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I replaced the factory end links with the hellwig end links (part number 7961) when I installed the hellwig sway bar (part number 7709) on my 2022 Laramie.

They are much beefier than stock and were quite easy to match the length of the stock end links.

I would recommend if you wanted another option beyond the core 4x4s.
That's what I currently have on but the bushings get squeaky after awhile with no way to grease aside from removing and tearing apart. I've done this twice already (PITA) so Im moving on to something with grease fittings. I agree the hellwig end links are nice and beefy and get the job done aside from not being greasable.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what I currently have on but the bushings get squeaky after awhile with no way to grease aside from removing and tearing apart. I've done this twice already (PITA) so Im moving on to something with grease fittings. I agree the hellwig end links are nice and beefy and get the job done aside from not being greasable.
I’ve had mine for 2 years. Zero noise.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had mine for 2 years. Zero noise.
Not sure of your location but I'm in the salt belt (PA) so that may have something to do with it 🤷. Mine are rusted pretty bad and the paint is peeling off as well.

PXL_20220912_230601026.jpg

Last edited:

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
🤔 I like my Hellwing bar, but if Core 4x4 end links would make it better and come in white...

cervelo15

Reaction score
I installed the Core 4x4 end links on my 2016 Eco with a Helwig sway bar, they are excellent. Highly recommend the Cores.
View attachment 138831
Now that I see these installed and in color, I think the hardest part is going to be choosing what color. Originally I was going to go the red route to match my tow hooks, but orange looks too damn good.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Consider putting a nice ceramic coating on them as well after install, especially if you deal with road salt for snow. My twin tube Bilstein’s that I have on the front of my Jeep specifically suggest a wax coating of some sort & they still look brand new compared to the Bilstein’s in the rear. 🤮

Users who are viewing this thread