5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BWoody Sway Bar Links with Hellwig Swaybar

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going to torque mine to 75 in the morning. I might try no spacers.

I know people say a sway bar shouldn’t change ride quality but stiffest was too firm for me.
It all depends on what you like. I prefer a stiffer suspension for better handling. But it does make it to where to feel more of the bumps

Ready Go

Reaction score
Side note do you remember what you torqued your hellwig u bolts to? Instructions say 30 but customer service said 75 and some forum members say 75. Mine doesn’t feel loose at 30 but my ride is pretty bumpy/swaying a little over bumps and it’s driving me nuts. Maybe I need the panhead
Progress Technologies says to torque their upper & lower sway bar endlinks (which are nearly identical to Core 4x4 endlinks) to 52-55ft/lbs. FYI

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Working on 75 lbs on the U plate bolts with the hellwig using stock bolts. Seems like a lot. Sure it’s 75?

mplaramie

Reaction score
Sorry, it was actually 65lbs per Core instructions.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
The cores look perfectly straight without the spacers. They came in a bit with them. I’m going to try it without them.

Attachments

• IMG_0679.jpeg
    IMG_0679.jpeg
    194.9 KB · Views: 26

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Ok so I had my Swaybar at 30. Went to 45 and I took out the spacers on the cores. Much better ride. For some reason even on middle setting with spacers my core 4x4’s made my truck very stiff. Every bump want felt.

Removing the spacers helped that out. I kept it on the middle setting and it’s all good.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Ok so I had my Swaybar at 30. Went to 45 and I took out the spacers on the cores. Much better ride. For some reason even on middle setting with spacers my core 4x4’s made my truck very stiff. Every bump want felt.

Removing the spacers helped that out. I kept it on the middle setting and it’s all good.
If you had those endlinks torqued to 75ft/lbs, that would make it very rough also..they could act like torsion bars slightly too.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
If you had those endlinks torqued to 75ft/lbs, that would make it very rough also..they could act like torsion bars slightly too.
I never had anything torqued to 75. The end links are torqued to 65 per CORE. I was asking about the hellwig bolts on the u plate. Ended up doing 45.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
Stupid question about the hellwig. How do I know if it’s centered? I loosed all the bolts, hellwig and core and put the spacers back in… one of the core end links was closer to the end of the hellwig than the other and I had to really jam the spacer in. Do you just adjust and eyeball it?

Users who are viewing this thread