5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bumping noise in front end 2019 ram 1500

Sobczynd

Reaction score
anyone find a fix for this yet, 2019 warlock 3800 miles and started to hear the clunk, low speed, sometimes when turning or backing out. Everything appears tight by looking at it but from what I read it could be lose sway bar links, a pillar mounts rack and pinion, etc. Its also intermittent.

Sobczynd

Reaction score
I think I found the popping noise in the front end, more on the drivers side. If you push on your fender up by your headlight it pops. There is too much fender with nothing to support it in the back. When to hit bumps or go over a curb it pops and it makes you feel like it's the suspension. I'll try to get a video put up soon, and I also want to look for a way to fix (hate taking my truck to the dealership). For you guys chasing a popping noise in the front end, go and slightly push on the upper fender, driver's side, about 4" from your headlights.
Were you able to fix this ?

Zeeya

Reaction score
I have had the clunking noise forever it seems. I have discussed it several times with the dealership. My build date is 5/19. The recall for the sway bar links were for trucks before my build. I am at 33,200 miles and they replaced the sway bar links last week to give it shot. Clunking noise is gone. Mechanic told me when he removed original links there was a lot of play.
IMG_9906.jpg

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
anyone find a fix for this yet, 2019 warlock 3800 miles and started to hear the clunk, low speed, sometimes when turning or backing out. Everything appears tight by looking at it but from what I read it could be lose sway bar links, a pillar mounts rack and pinion, etc. Its also intermittent.

Hi @Sobczynd - If this is something you decide to address with your dealer, our team is just a private message away to provide an additional layer of support.

Mark
RamCares

austin8hass

Reaction score
I have a two inch Mopar Lift on my 2019 Ram. I was experiencing a squeaking noise from the front end when going over bumps. After numerous attempts of bringing it to the dealership and them telling me they could not replicate the noise, I brought it to a specialized lift shop. Turns out that the mechanic at the dealership cut corners when installing the Mopar lift on the driver front wheel.

The specialized lift shop took apart the entire braking system on the driver front wheel. They noticed the upper control arm nuts were not installed properly and rubbing on the wire harness. Additionally, the rear was not installed properly either and was rubbing against the brake line. The Cable was also rubbing on the steering shaft. This was all causing the squeaking noise when going over bumps.

After they fixed this, the squeaking noise went away and I haven't heard it since.

Hope this helps you troubleshoot.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a two inch Mopar Lift on my 2019 Ram. I was experiencing a squeaking noise from the front end when going over bumps. After numerous attempts of bringing it to the dealership and them telling me they could not replicate the noise, I brought it to a specialized lift shop. Turns out that the mechanic at the dealership cut corners when installing the Mopar lift on the driver front wheel.

The specialized lift shop took apart the entire braking system on the driver front wheel. They noticed the upper control arm nuts were not installed properly and rubbing on the wire harness. Additionally, the rear was not installed properly either and was rubbing against the brake line. The Cable was also rubbing on the steering shaft. This was all causing the squeaking noise when going over bumps.

After they fixed this, the squeaking noise went away and I haven't heard it since.

Hope this helps you troubleshoot.
Glad you got it figured out but this is yet another scenario of why I don't trust dealerships. I'm curious, did you report your findings to the dealership? If so, what did they have for an answer? IMO the dealership should cover the cost of what you had to pay the specialty shop if anything.

austin8hass

Reaction score
Glad you got it figured out but this is yet another scenario of why I don't trust dealerships. I'm curious, did you report your findings to the dealership? If so, what did they have for an answer? IMO the dealership should cover the cost of what you had to pay the specialty shop if anything.
Not yet, planning on calling the dealership end of this week. Completely agree with you, I encourage people not to go to dealerships for modifications as this whole process was a disaster. Just happy it's fixed now.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not yet, planning on calling the dealership end of this week. Completely agree with you, I encourage people not to go to dealerships for modifications as this whole process was a disaster. Just happy it's fixed now.
Cool, would love to hear what lame excuse they come up with. Glad you can enjoy the lift now, I love mine and still glad I went the Mopar route.

huvaro

Reaction score
dont worry ive been to the dealership 6 times for paint and front end noise issues last time they had it 3 days shy of 6 weeks still has issues

Atoddglass

Reaction score
Hi @Sobczynd - If this is something you decide to address with your dealer, our team is just a private message away to provide an additional layer of support.

Mark
RamCares
I’m taking my 2019 in Monday. How do I get additional support to convince the dealership to look at/replace the sway bars? I have 3 family members in my household with special needs and don’t have time to fool around with dealerships.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m taking my 2019 in Monday. How do I get additional support to convince the dealership to look at/replace the sway bars? I have 3 family members in my household with special needs and don’t have time to fool around with dealerships.
Good morning!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing these concerns. Just send our @RamCares team a private message by hovering over our profile icon and selecting "Start a Conversation". Please include your current mileage & VIN so we can pull up your account and take a deeper look! Thanks in advance.

Courtney
Ram Cares

Mandride

Reaction score
I have a 2019 with 25k and have started hearing a bad clunking rattle sound when I hit any bumps. This is in the Left front. Feels like it could be a sway bar or lower control arm issue. I will confirm once it gets looked at as well.

Users who are viewing this thread