5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broke truck...door panel, rattles, noise driving, tires shot after 39K. Lemon of a truck. Need to talk to RAM

Albrock

Reaction score
I have several issues here. Truck has been nothing but a nightmare. I've had y truck in the shop so many times from rattles (which they can never fix) to whistling at interstate speed (not fixed) my door panel is broke ( all the pins don't stick) and of course I only have 39,000 miles. How do 3/4 of the pins that hold your door panel on be broke? I don't have kids that are slamming my passenger door all the time. I've never been in an accident. IT'S A $60K TRUCK. This stuff shouldn't be happening on a truck that only has 39,000 miles on it. Of course RAM only gives you a garbage 36,000 mile warranty. How can RAM make a $60,000 truck that has nothing but issues and now I have to pay out of pocket to fix noise at low speed, oh which by the way when I went to the dealer they hooked it up to the computer all to find out that non of the data was saved so now I have to go back. Probably have to get a new door panel (out of pocket) On top of all of this my tires are shot 39,000 miles. How and the **** can you put the worst tires on one of the most expensive truck. I feel like I got a lemon.

I don't know if anyone else has had as many issues as I've had but I'd like to speak to someone from RAM. I felt like I was robbed after I bought it and had rattles inside the cab. Now I feel like I've been robbed and thrown in the street. How is it even legal to build and charge $60+K for a truck and have so many issues that can't be fixed. I'm dead serious when I say that I think they build my truck on a holiday when everyone was pissed. I've had 2 RAMs before my current 2019 Laramie Sport and COMBINED never had as many issues as my current truck. How's that possible? It's not like I bought a 20K work truck. I could have bought a nice BMW for $60k and I guarantee wouldn't have these issues.

How does MOPAR or RAM put out oil change packages if you can't ever use them? I've never gone to a dealer and had an issue with buying an oil change package, even when they say only covers 5qts. My last package just expired. Went in to get another package only to have them tell me that non of the packages will work with my truck since it holds 7qts and I wouldn't save any money with having to pay for the extra 2 qts. Let do the math here: $60 oil change x3 = $180. The package was $70 for 3 oil changes.. Now someone explain to me how 6qts of extra oil would cost $110, not possible.

I don't know how on gods good name RAM managed to get motor trend best truck 3 years in a row or something like that. Should be highest priced, worst truck with the most problems 3 years in a row. I feel like it's only fair RAM provides an extended warranty. That's just doing the right thing.

Apologies for the long post but enough is enough. Does RAM even care about it's customers or once they have your money they could care less. I'm at the point now I'm ready to sell it and get a Ford. My wife bought a Ford and hasn't had a single issue, not 1 and she's well over 60K miles.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My ram is perfect. No problems. Try contacting ram like you said numerous times. Should have bought the extended warranty. I can’t imagine you noticed all these issues in the past 3000 miles. I don’t know pal. Finding your post hard to believe 🤔

alpha_brit

Reaction score
Contact RAM about the issues you have had, like you said. Right now I'm trying to goodwill a repair WAY beyond warranty on another vehicle and my dealerships service department has been very supportive throughout the process (and for what it's worth, it was an issue that occurred under warranty for one side, just occurred for other side well out of warranty - 59k+ miles).

As far as being out of warranty, you clearly did not just discover these issues in the last little while. I'd have been documenting and investigating recourse WAY before my warranty was up if it was recurrent issues like you are describing. I can't imagine letting things like that slide until I was juuuuust out of warranty.

Lastly, getting ~40k out of tires isn't uncommon. Depends on the tire, driving conditions, driving style, etc. My cars all wear winter shoes 4+ months out of the year and I'd say I replace all-season tires by around 40k in most cases, winter tires don't last nearly that. Were they bald af when I replaced them? No, but they were to the point where wet performance was diminished enough that I wasn't willing to risk pushing them another season.

Albrock

Reaction score
My ram is perfect. No problems. Try contacting ram like you said numerous times. Should have bought the extended warranty. I can’t imagine you noticed all these issues in the past 3000 miles. I don’t know pal. Finding your post hard to believe 🤔
I wish I was joking. Why would I lie about it? No the rattles were from the start. Dealer heard them but said they don't chase rattles, well RAM warranty doesn't chase rattles. Yes tires were good last oil change now they're shot. I literally just noticed my door the other day while I was looking around to see if I could find somewhere there would be a leak from the whistle at interstate speed. Again, took that to the dealer for the whistle and they couldn't duplicate it. You shouldn't have to purchase an extended warranty. A 60k truck shouldn't' have had all the past issues or present issues.

MrSixStrings12

Reaction score
I wish I was joking. Why would I lie about it? No the rattles were from the start. Dealer heard them but said they don't chase rattles, well RAM warranty doesn't chase rattles. Yes tires were good last oil change now they're shot. I literally just noticed my door the other day while I was looking around to see if I could find somewhere there would be a leak from the whistle at interstate speed. Again, took that to the dealer for the whistle and they couldn't duplicate it. You shouldn't have to purchase an extended warranty. A 60k truck shouldn't' have had all the past issues or present issues.
Have you tried a different dealer? Maybe contact RamCares on here? The rattles def should get fixed. Same with the whistling, as long as they can replicate it. Meh, on the tires. I've had tires last a couple years and I've had tires last one summer (literally. 3 months). Like Alpha said, depends on so many factors.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
From what others are telling me, 39,000 miles on a set of tires is probably about average nowadays. My last two Rams averaged about 40-45k miles with Firestone and Goodyear tires. My current 2019 has 52K+miles on Wrangler Fortitude HPs and and I still have about 20-25% wear left.

Your dealer said they don't chase rattles? If true you need a different dealer because that's hogwash. Rattle issues are typically handled by dealers under warranty.

A 36,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty is garbage? Not too many truck manufacturers I can think of offer much better.

The door panel is mounted by push pins, so probably do not need a new door panel, just the pins replaced. But, these things don't break easily. No one's ever had the door panel off? And this is something you just noticed?

I don't know what to think of this post, but I suspect both you and Ram would be better off if you bought something else.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052719 miles.

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
Door panel can likely have the push pins replaced. Curious, did you have the door panel off at any time?
Rattles and wind noise can be annoying for sure. If the dealer won't do anything about it, diy. Probably something loose that can be taken care of.
39k on a OE tire isn't out of the norm.
Oil change is as basic as it gets. You can diy for a fraction of what the dealer charges. Or find an independent shop that is cheaper.

GregHBNA

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your RAM is perfect? What about that glovebox gap? :)

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
🤔👍 yup you got me there. OCD. Kicked in in full force

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep the to say it if your having all these issues should of decide on buying an extended warranty. Can’t be angry at them not wanting to fix it on their dime. Tires don’t last forever especially on a pick up truck considering yourself lucky to get 30k+ out of them. Nothing last forever. Door panel issue can be fixed for cheap replace those door push pins. It’s easy and inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would never bring my truck to the dealer for door panel rattle. I would buy the push pins and retainer, install them and call it a day.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would never bring my truck to the dealer for door panel rattle. I would buy the push pins and retainer, install them and call it a day.
Tend to agree with you. Techs work on flat rate. I don't, so I can use any level of patience required.

I would caution the original poster on doing this themselves, The door panels on DTs require a sequence for removing the panel to avoid breaking the pins. There's also a screw used to hold the panel on and manipulating the door handle release cable might cause the more inexperienced to go into convulsions.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052852 miles.

cdn.tbird

Reaction score
I'm at the point now I'm ready to sell it and get a Ford.
Unless there is visible damage to your truck, none of the issues you are suffering through would affect the trade-in value, your best option could very well to take advantage of the current insane trade-in values and jump to another vehicle.

5thGenLoco

Reaction score
Tend to agree with you. Techs work on flat rate. I don't, so I can use any level of patience required.

I would caution the original poster on doing this themselves, The door panels on DTs require a sequence for removing the panel to avoid breaking the pins. There's also a screw used to hold the panel on and manipulating the door handle release cable might cause the more inexperienced to go into convulsions.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052852 miles.
Would you happen to know the sequence or have a document on it? Would be extremely helpful to have, just in case.

Thanks

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would you happen to know the sequence or have a document on it? Would be extremely helpful to have, just in case.

Thanks
It would be difficult to put into words. I would advise purchasing the DT service manual for your year vehicle in digital form from Mopar Tech Authority.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 03 June 2018. Now at: 052906 miles.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks
Here is the layout of where the pins and clips are. Start at the bottom.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have several issues here. Truck has been nothing but a nightmare. I've had y truck in the shop so many times from rattles (which they can never fix) to whistling at interstate speed (not fixed) my door panel is broke ( all the pins don't stick) and of course I only have 39,000 miles. How do 3/4 of the pins that hold your door panel on be broke? I don't have kids that are slamming my passenger door all the time. I've never been in an accident. IT'S A $60K TRUCK. This stuff shouldn't be happening on a truck that only has 39,000 miles on it. Of course RAM only gives you a garbage 36,000 mile warranty. How can RAM make a $60,000 truck that has nothing but issues and now I have to pay out of pocket to fix noise at low speed, oh which by the way when I went to the dealer they hooked it up to the computer all to find out that non of the data was saved so now I have to go back. Probably have to get a new door panel (out of pocket) On top of all of this my tires are shot 39,000 miles. How and the **** can you put the worst tires on one of the most expensive truck. I feel like I got a lemon.

I don't know if anyone else has had as many issues as I've had but I'd like to speak to someone from RAM. I felt like I was robbed after I bought it and had rattles inside the cab. Now I feel like I've been robbed and thrown in the street. How is it even legal to build and charge $60+K for a truck and have so many issues that can't be fixed. I'm dead serious when I say that I think they build my truck on a holiday when everyone was pissed. I've had 2 RAMs before my current 2019 Laramie Sport and COMBINED never had as many issues as my current truck. How's that possible? It's not like I bought a 20K work truck. I could have bought a nice BMW for $60k and I guarantee wouldn't have these issues.

How does MOPAR or RAM put out oil change packages if you can't ever use them? I've never gone to a dealer and had an issue with buying an oil change package, even when they say only covers 5qts. My last package just expired. Went in to get another package only to have them tell me that non of the packages will work with my truck since it holds 7qts and I wouldn't save any money with having to pay for the extra 2 qts. Let do the math here: $60 oil change x3 = $180. The package was $70 for 3 oil changes.. Now someone explain to me how 6qts of extra oil would cost $110, not possible.

I don't know how on gods good name RAM managed to get motor trend best truck 3 years in a row or something like that. Should be highest priced, worst truck with the most problems 3 years in a row. I feel like it's only fair RAM provides an extended warranty. That's just doing the right thing.

Apologies for the long post but enough is enough. Does RAM even care about it's customers or once they have your money they could care less. I'm at the point now I'm ready to sell it and get a Ford. My wife bought a Ford and hasn't had a single issue, not 1 and she's well over 60K miles.
I can feel your frustration and does not seem you are off base. I will say I have had my Rebel ion twice for the broken door panels...of course the door wouldn't latch close in the cold either but that's a different issue. I am the only one that uses the truck hardly ever used the back doors and had under 10K miles and yet the panel is coming off the door. Truck is at the dealer again right now for 52 degree AC that they say is blowing ice cold. Pffffft! Glad I only leased this one. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread