5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Atak vs S-type

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup. Just drove a Rebel with the Atak and holy crap I am in love. Perfect HEMI tone, in cabin noise is mild, no drone, light throttle it is noticeable but when you get on it it really opens it up. Atak it is!

The borla sound profile is musical and amazing.
Once upon a time with my borla XR1 on my old rebel, on one of the first drives with the new muffler, that pesky prius FINALLLY got out of the left lane (49 in 65, no one in traffic was pleased). After they were perfectly and safely out of the way, I let them hear the song of our people as I passed by. :ROFLMAO:
A hemi through a borla is downright magical.

Enjoy the soundtrack! :cool:

Powerbandjohnny

Reaction score
So after a lot of thinking I caved. I went with the S type. I like me neighbors and I don’t think they’d appreciate the Atak every morning at 6am when I go to work. Lol. Should still sound amazing. Will post some videos when it’s on when I have time to do it.

I put the s type on mine and you won’t be disappointed. Sounds amazing. Super easy to install. I dropped the spare tire and drivers side heat shield and the stock exhaust came out easy without having to cut it. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan984

Reaction score
I think you made the right choice with the s type! 👍 I personally like the sound of the ATAK but i do feel a little guilty starting it up early in the morning Lol

Sigep924

Reaction score
Put the S-type on a week ago and love it! Sounds great getting into it and quiet inside the cab while cruising!
Get the loudest one, you can always quiet it down by adding g a resonator before the cat back, if you get the S type and find it too mellow you can't make it any louder besides removing the cats.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk
There's still a resonator between the cats and muffler. Wonder how much difference a Corsa delete pipe would make with the S-type?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Put the S-type on a week ago and love it! Sounds great getting into it and quiet inside the cab while cruising!

There's still a resonator between the cats and muffler. Wonder how much difference a Corsa delete pipe would make with the S-type?
Save some money and just go to an exhaust shop and have them cut out the resonator and weld in straight pipe. Will be less than half the cost of the corsa branded straight pipe.

Sigep924

Reaction score
Save some money and just go to an exhaust shop and have them cut out the resonator and weld in straight pipe. Will be less than half the cost of the corsa branded straight pipe.
I just threw that out there because it's a bolt on piece and not permanent.

sppb32

Reaction score

That resonator is so small that I doubt is doing much.

Sigep924

Reaction score
That resonator is so small that I doubt is doing much.

According to Corsa.
Corsa Performance 2019 Dodge RAM 5.7L V8 Resonator Delete Kit. Take your "Sport" exhaust to the next level "Xtreme" with our Resonator Delete Kit designed specifically for the 2019+ Dodge RAM. Our "Xtreme" Sound Level delivers an ultra-aggressive exhaust note fitting that sounds more "trophy-truck" than daily driver.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
FWIW, many 2020+ trucks are shipping without the front resonators. I know my 2020 Built to Serve doesn't have one.

Users who are viewing this thread