5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Borla Atak Highway Driving Sound

FloTx

Reaction score
I am thinking about installing either the Borla Atak or s-type on my truck and was wondering how loud it was at highway speeds. However, I often drive at 85-90 mph and not around 70. Does anybody know how loud either system is at 90 mph cruising or have a clip of how loud?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am thinking about installing either the Borla Atak or s-type on my truck and was wondering how loud it was at highway speeds. However, I often drive at 85-90 mph and not around 70. Does anybody know how loud either system is at 90 mph cruising or have a clip of how loud?
You can still hold a normal conversation or listen to radio at decent volume with no issues.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Dad had a Borla Atak (got rid of it to do a delete like me) on his limited and i have a resonator and muffler delete. both sound fairly close in sound and decibel level (both of which are the loudest options unless you got long tubes, no cats and straight piped).... yes you can still hold a convo with no issues or having to talk loudly while cruising at 80mph. and can also listen to music easily at a fairly low volume. its not as loud as people think unless your flooring it the whole time. personally i just think people are a bit dramatic and or just older and grew out of it.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dad had a Borla Atak (got rid of it to do a delete like me) on his limited and i have a resonator and muffler delete. both sound fairly close in sound and decibel level (both of which are the loudest options unless you got long tubes, no cats and straight piped).... yes you can still hold a convo with no issues or having to talk loudly while cruising at 80mph. and can also listen to music easily at a fairly low volume. its not as loud as people think unless your flooring it the whole time. personally i just think people are a bit dramatic and or just older and grew out of it.
Agreed no need to spend $100’s when you can get a great sound with minimal work done.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So he paid for a Borla then lost money taking it back off to spend more money on a different cheaper option that probably isn't full stainless steel and didn't have a warranty?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And don't let people make you think a muffler and res delete sound the same as Borla. They don't.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And don't let people make you think a muffler and res delete sound the same as Borla. They don't.
Me and a co worker have the exact set ups he’s referring to. I have the carven with res. Delete he has the borla. They are not 100% identical but they are very similar in sound, depth, rumble and drone. Do what your budget allows u to do but my honest opinion a muffler replacement or delete sounds great and if you want more volume take the res. Off and you won’t be disappointed.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also if I was in the market for a cat back exhaust system I would consider corsa. I’ve had corsa on a Ford lightening and a 2011 Silverado and loved them.

Sounds like a borla to me :cautious:

Last edited:

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the muffler delete with resonators still intact and I am beyond satisfied with the sound. My brother in law has the Borla Atak. The Atak does sound bad*ss and also came with A $1500+ price tag. IMO, the sound of my truck with muffler delete also sounds bad*ss, but only cost $120. And my shop used T304 stainless. I get compliments on the sound frequently. I also do not have any recognizable drone with MDS off. It’s all about personal preference so make the best decision that suits your needs.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also if I was in the market for a cat back exhaust system I would consider corsa. I’ve had corsa on a Ford lightening and a 2011 Silverado and loved them.

Sounds like a borla to me :cautious:
From my experiences hearing them both side by side in person. The Borla has more of a deep rumble, even when getting on it, that to me sounds more like a truck. The Corsa is a little more higher pitched and more like you'd expect from a sports car. Both are equally as loud. I chose the Borla for the deeper rumble.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Speed doesn't have anything to do with your exhaust sound.
RPMs do.
Higher rpm louder exhaust.
It's loud at high speeds, but only in the fact that you can actually hear it vs most other car\trucks where there is no exhaust sound on the highway.

Also S-type is quieter then the Atak.
If you are worried something might be too loud, then should just keep the OEM exhaust as it sounds fine as it is.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
So he paid for a Borla then lost money taking it back off to spend more money on a different cheaper option that probably isn't full stainless steel and didn't have a warranty?
wrong, he installed it himself. no money on labor. also he sold that system and only lost 100$ on it got it for 1300 sold it for 1200. and wrong again it is a stainless steal pipping. (we know the guy who does it b.c he works on our sandrails/SXS as well.)

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
definitely disagree and wrong again, ive heard them literally side by side. very minimal difference. at least not a 1k difference. might be a tad deeper and tighter, but again not worth that much more just to say "oh im better b.c i have a Borla cat back system". i could drive around saying i have a system and no one would question it. know why? ive said it before and they believed it, till i say nah jk its actually a delete. then i hear "ah yeah see i knew something sounded different" like yeah sure ok buddy.(y)
its just a stigma man.

EAnderson

Reaction score
I just put the Corsa Sport system on my truck and could not be any happier. Zero drone and on the interstate at 80-90 cruising you dont even know its been changed but you get down on it and it comes to life and you know its there!!!!

I drive 25k a year on the interstate and didnt want to hear it crusing.....mission accomplished perfectly!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
definitely disagree and wrong again, ive heard them literally side by side. very minimal difference. at least not a 1k difference. might be a tad deeper and tighter, but again not worth that much more just to say "oh im better b.c i have a Borla cat back system". i could drive around saying i have a system and no one would question it. know why? ive said it before and they believed it, till i say nah jk its actually a delete. then i hear "ah yeah see i knew something sounded different" like yeah sure ok buddy.(y)
its just a stigma man.
You say I'm wrong for saying there is a difference in sound, then go on to say there is a difference in sound. So I guess I'm not wrong then?

And it has nothing to do with saying "I'm better" because I chose Borla. After listening to all sorts of sound clips, of many different configurations, I felt the Borla sounded the best and gave me the sound I wanted. Exhaust sound is very subjective. I've heard straight piped Hemis, and don't care for the sound. Just like, personally, I feel the only vehicle Flowmasters sound good on are Mustangs.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
You say I'm wrong for saying there is a difference in sound, then go on to say there is a difference in sound. So I guess I'm not wrong then?

And it has nothing to do with saying "I'm better" because I chose Borla. After listening to all sorts of sound clips, of many different configurations, I felt the Borla sounded the best and gave me the sound I wanted. Exhaust sound is very subjective. I've heard straight piped Hemis, and don't care for the sound. Just like, personally, I feel the only vehicle Flowmasters sound good on are Mustangs.
read again bud. i said "very minimal difference. at least not a 1k difference" and "nearly identical" Your trying way to hard Mr. Locally Hated. i get your known on here and smart about these trucks but lets stop now man. no beef here im telling you from experience and side by side comparison in person. not YouTube clips b.c videos do no justice. we both know that.
Exhaust sound is very subjective
exactly. but lets be real about it.
Just like, personally
this part.... PERSONALLY. I was referring to realistically and to help people with options from experiences. im sure he could had looked on youtube as well but decided to ask people for experience.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
read again bud. i said "very minimal difference. at least not a 1k difference" and "nearly identical" Your trying way to hard Mr. Locally Hated. i get your known on here and smart about these trucks but lets stop now man. no beef here im telling you from experience and side by side comparison in person. not YouTube clips b.c videos do no justice. we both know that.

exactly. but lets be real about it.

this part.... PERSONALLY. I was referring to realistically and to help people with options from experiences. im sure he could had looked on youtube as well but decided to ask people for experience.
I have experience. Have heard multiple configurations in person. I basically run a local Ram club. There is a difference in sound. You can try and mansplain your way out of it, but even you admit there is a difference.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
I have experience. Have heard multiple configurations in person. I basically run a local Ram club. There is a difference in sound. You can try and mansplain your way out of it, but even you admit there is a difference.
You tried again and it still didnt register for you. lol but whatever you say Mr basically president of ram club. Next time maybe youll get it, no arguement or beef here, we will let the OP who created the post take our replies with a grain of salt and can choose himself. Cheers brother!

Users who are viewing this thread