5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boogielander Build

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow that is a crazy lead time. I am glad Diode Dynamics is way faster than that. BD makes nice stuff but I found them difficult to deal with and requiring too much time following up with them. If you're not too stuck on BD I recommend giving Diode Dynamics a try. We have been extremely happy with them and run nothing but Diode Dynamics on our TRX. I love Rigid, Baja Designs, and even Tomar (Tomar makes a lot of Police and Fire lights but has a nice offroad line as well) but all of those companies were difficult to deal with and seemed to care more about influencers and race teams (government contracts for Tomar) than the average shop and or customer. Diode never treated me that way and that is why we have spent just over $20,000 with them this year. Rant off lol.
yeah i know lol heard so much not-so-good customer service experiences from other people too. Maybe it's just recent years are like that. Last time i contacted them with questions and such was 2018/ early 2019 and they were great.
My friends all run Diode lol I do agree they are the best bang for the buck. But that square look on the SS5 doesn't speak to me lol. If I can figure out a way to make a no drill/ no cut bracket that holds both pods and a light bar between the pods I might just do a Diode bar there to save some coins. Plus, I like Diode's connector more. My S8 40" bar's connector melted for some reason and I had to use a Deutsch connector and they're far more better.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
yeah i know lol heard so much not-so-good customer service experiences from other people too. Maybe it's just recent years are like that. Last time i contacted them with questions and such was 2018/ early 2019 and they were great.
My friends all run Diode lol I do agree they are the best bang for the buck. But that square look on the SS5 doesn't speak to me lol. If I can figure out a way to make a no drill/ no cut bracket that holds both pods and a light bar between the pods I might just do a Diode bar there to save some coins. Plus, I like Diode's connector more. My S8 40" bar's connector melted for some reason and I had to use a Deutsch connector and they're far more better.
The square isn't for everyone for sure. I've come to really like them. I wasn't sure if I liked them at first but they grew on me and I prefer them now. Looking to do the pods and light bar on the front bumper correct?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The square isn't for everyone for sure. I've come to really like them. I wasn't sure if I liked them at first but they grew on me and I prefer them now. Looking to do the pods and light bar on the front bumper correct?
Maybe if i stare at them on my friend's pre-ban 2500 on 39s long enough they'll grow on me lol. I know different trucks but sitting in his 2500 feels like I'm sitting on the second floor compared to my small 4Runner... and I used to think 4Runner was sitting pretty high.

yes i'm also looking to do pods AND bar on the front bumper with no drill/ no cut option. I know yall make the behind the grille option but I want it on top. ran hidden lights for a while and discovered it's not my cup of tea lol

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Maybe if i stare at them on my friend's pre-ban 2500 on 39s long enough they'll grow on me lol. I know different trucks but sitting in his 2500 feels like I'm sitting on the second floor compared to my small 4Runner... and I used to think 4Runner was sitting pretty high.

yes i'm also looking to do pods AND bar on the front bumper with no drill/ no cut option. I know yall make the behind the grille option but I want it on top. ran hidden lights for a while and discovered it's not my cup of tea lol
I totally get that. I have some ideas I've been working on to solve that issue. Working on getting those ideas from my head and sketch pad to reality for some testing.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I totally get that. I have some ideas I've been working on to solve that issue. Working on getting those ideas from my head and sketch pad to reality for some testing.
for sure! heck if I end up picking my truck from Mark Dodge instead of having them ship it back to SoCal I could stop by the shop on the way back lol

that is, whenever Ram decides to build my truck. Im hoping to see it by September but I'm not holding my breathe lol

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
for sure! heck if I end up picking my truck from Mark Dodge instead of having them ship it back to SoCal I could stop by the shop on the way back lol

that is, whenever Ram decides to build my truck. Im hoping to see it by September but I'm not holding my breathe lol
The waiting game sucks for sure. We ordered our TRX 11/16/2021 and got it 05/17/2022. The wait was brutal. Especially when it was built in March and sat in a lot in Detroit for almost two months

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The waiting game sucks for sure. We ordered our TRX 11/16/2021 and got it 05/17/2022. The wait was brutal. Especially when it was built in March and sat in a lot in Detroit for almost two months
this is when i really wish they can do factory delivery like BMW or Porsche lol
You put your order in, they build it, you go to the factory, they give you a tour of the factory and then go through the paperwork with you. You leave with your truck all happy.
Basically I'm telling my friends that I won't be driving with them to anywhere till probably end of year. Im expecting 90 days before they schedule mine to be built and another month or so before it arrives at the dealer, and given how busy my dealer is (hundreds of trucks going through them weekly, if not daily), probably another month or so before they finalize everything for me to pick it up or get it shipped.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
this is when i really wish they can do factory delivery like BMW or Porsche lol
You put your order in, they build it, you go to the factory, they give you a tour of the factory and then go through the paperwork with you. You leave with your truck all happy.
Basically I'm telling my friends that I won't be driving with them to anywhere till probably end of year. Im expecting 90 days before they schedule mine to be built and another month or so before it arrives at the dealer, and given how busy my dealer is (hundreds of trucks going through them weekly, if not daily), probably another month or so before they finalize everything for me to pick it up or get it shipped.
Best of luck!

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, Tuesday 8/16 was my lucky day:
-My truck was moved to D1 status with estimate "ship" date of 9/18
-My Chassis Unlimited Bed Rack arrived at the shop I work at.
thumbnail_IMG_2083.jpg

Box was kind of f*cked up but I won't get to it till I bring it home some time this week. Been real busy at work and at the end of day I'm too exhausted to put it in my 4runner.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Almost two months since I updated my thread, still no truck yet.
so according to the tracker my truck was built on 9/30 and MD informed me it's released from the plant but delayed shipping due to railroad complications. I am legit looking at 5-6 months wait between order and me seeing my truck.

more parts came in (more like held at the distributor until i have my Ram due to... you guessed it, storage space issues.
Now I have my Decked and LP6s sitting at the distributor. LP6s are in clear lens but no ETA if i want yellow lens.
Fox shocks are still no ETA.
ICS Dash mount arrived, and I gave it to my friend for him to use in his TRX. He ended up not using so I have it in my garage.
Currently looking at Carli UCA and rear springs, and the more I look at Carli 2.5 the more I regret not getting them. :cry:
Now I am wondering if I need extended brake lines.

In the mean time, the 4R is officially gone and frankly, I have seller's remorse.

If any of you guys are on Facebook, my friend and I started a group called Boogielanders. This is a cross-platform group for experienced individuals who participate in boogie, wheeling, and/ or overlanding to share experiences, pictures, builds, and stuff. And no, you don't need to drink gourmet coffee in the morning while on the trail to participate.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Almost two months since I updated my thread, still no truck yet.
so according to the tracker my truck was built on 9/30 and MD informed me it's released from the plant but delayed shipping due to railroad complications. I am legit looking at 5-6 months wait between order and me seeing my truck.

more parts came in (more like held at the distributor until i have my Ram due to... you guessed it, storage space issues.
Now I have my Decked and LP6s sitting at the distributor. LP6s are in clear lens but no ETA if i want yellow lens.
Fox shocks are still no ETA.
ICS Dash mount arrived, and I gave it to my friend for him to use in his TRX. He ended up not using so I have it in my garage.
Currently looking at Carli UCA and rear springs, and the more I look at Carli 2.5 the more I regret not getting them. :cry:
Now I am wondering if I need extended brake lines.

In the mean time, the 4R is officially gone and frankly, I have seller's remorse.

If any of you guys are on Facebook, my friend and I started a group called Boogielanders. This is a cross-platform group for experienced individuals who participate in boogie, wheeling, and/ or overlanding to share experiences, pictures, builds, and stuff. And no, you don't need to drink gourmet coffee in the morning while on the trail to participate.
Our TRX took 6 months and 1 day. Rail issues were two months.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
while waiting for the railroad to get over their "complications" i rode around in a Ram in MW2 delivering some missiles
1666511727452.png

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well, after 28 days of delay i finally got the text saying my truck is leaving the factory and should be at MD by 11/11. Factoring in PDI and stuff I'm guessing I won't see my truck till Thanksgiving or early December.

Now, the decision is whether to fly in and drive back to SoCal or just have it shipped here... leaning toward having it shipped due to holidays airfare is quite expensive, but we'll see.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
well, after 28 days of delay i finally got the text saying my truck is leaving the factory and should be at MD by 11/11. Factoring in PDI and stuff I'm guessing I won't see my truck till Thanksgiving or early December.

Now, the decision is whether to fly in and drive back to SoCal or just have it shipped here... leaning toward having it shipped due to holidays airfare is quite expensive, but we'll see.
Congrats

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
  • Suspension
    • Fox Performance Elite Series 2.5 DSC (Ordered: 7/27/2022)
      • Extended Travel Front (883-06-166)
      • Rear (883-26-079)
    • Icon UCA (Ordered: 7/27/2022)
      • 218550DJ
    • Carli Rear Coil Springs
      • TBD on Rebel or HD springs.
I have the Front and Rear Fox Shocks in stock ready to ship out Monday morning if you still need them. Shoot me a PM and I can give you pricing on them. MAP.. you know how that goes lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/