5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boogielander Build

I totally missed the hot springs, if you find yourself near Cody, WY.. Buffalo Bill dam is worth a quick stop. Also if you find a restaurant that offers Bison Steak give one a try. A bit on the pricey side but worth at least experiencing once while you’re in the area.

I totally missed the hot springs, if you find yourself near Cody, WY.. Buffalo Bill dam is worth a quick stop. Also if you find a restaurant that offers Bison Steak give one a try. A bit on the pricey side but worth at least experiencing once while you’re in the area.
ill have to put that on the route for the redemption trip next year.
had to go back to Bozeman to get more new seals for the GFC and then the truck's making metal grinding noise whenever I hit a bump from the cowl area. I was gonna go through Cody and meet my friends in Telluride, CO this weekend but I'm skipping that too to get back a bit early so I have a week to tear the truck apart to find that noise. Also am contemplating on putting the truck on jack stands and yank out the shocks for rebuild and possibly getting them tuned as well.

Also gonna go back to work a week early because I'm a bit too liberal on souvenirs, food, and cheat days at hotels in the past few weeks lol.

Day 48 - South Bound
Today I left Bozeman and started heading south via West Yellowstone, repeating the route I took few days ago and follow the route that I was supposed to take a year ago when I went to Bozeman to pick up my camper.
IMG_3963.jpg
Only this time, sun's out and weather's on my side.
IMG_3970.jpg
I did had a few photo spots marked from a few days ago, so I found one that wasn't occupied and took some pictures.
IMG_3985-Pano.jpg
Then, not really wanting to leave MT, I found a pull out and had lunch.
IMG_4014.jpg
Gaia GPS has been my trusted backup navigational tool for me this trip. Even though it's not easy to use for most people, once mastered it's an invaluable tool to have when out and about especially when traversing into unfamiliar territories.
IMG_4088.jpg
Later in the day, I managed to capture my first complete shadow in Idaho.
IMG_4091.jpg
The sun was setting as I approached southern Idaho.
IMG_4094.jpg
Goodbye, Idaho and Montana. Hopefully I will return next year.
IMG_4098.jpg
Destination for the night was Salt Lake City. As the red rocks started to appear, I knew I was close and began my final push. I was trying to get to SLC right around dinner time, so I could have some Pho. Nothing beats some good noodle soup after a long day of driving.

I got to the pho joint 30 minutes before they closed, and it was awesome! The soup was good and came with a lot more ingredients than I expected, and costed way less than anywhere else I've seen!

Tonight, I needed to figure out where to go the next day: head west then south, or head east to Colorado to meet my friends.

Day 49 - Trying NOT to get home
IMG_4131-Pano.jpg
Leaving SLC behind, my first stop and the only stop for the day was Bonneville Salt Flat, about 2 hours away from SLC.
IMG_4146.jpg
The salt flat was an interesting spot for photos especially in the noon direct sunlight, but once mastered, the shots came out more than perfect.
It's like I'm in a natural photobooth!
IMG_4180.jpg
Took some opportunities to shoot some detail shots. Maybe one day Baja Designs will use these shots for their marketing lol
IMG_4183.jpg
Or maybe one day RAM will use these. One can hope eh?
IMG_4222.jpg
Even with the lights on, the midday direct sunlight at the salt flat made it a bit easier for these light on shots.
IMG_4307.jpg
And of course, gotta deploy the tent!
This shot reminded me of that scene in Pirates of Caribbean with the ship and the white crabs moving the ship lol
IMG_4358.jpg
I didn't get the chance to take this touristy shot when going in because there was a line of cars waiting, so I did it before I left.
Had to wait a bit longer because a tour bus pulled up and its occupants were taking tourist photos (and took their time) so I sat in my truck with AC pumping.
There's a ledge right under the truck, but I got clearance while other RVs and passenger cars don't, so I pulled up and positioned the truck there.
The tourists were looking at me and even told me they thought I'd go around because of the drop. I told them this is nothing for this correctly built $100k truck and I wasn't even in 4wheel drive lol

Told them to look me up if they want to go to Arctic Ocean and drive there in comfort when they have a chance, I can build one for them! LOL the ultimate marketing move

IMG_4362.jpg
After that brief conversation, I was on the move again. It was almost 3PM and my campsite was still about 5 hours away.
I stopped at West Wendover on the NV side to fill up the tank and rinse the salt off the truck. I got most of them but still a lot more that I couldn't get to. But it is what it is, I guess.

I got to camp well after sun went down. It was a trip for me because just a week and half ago I was still getting sunlight at 8PM, but now it was complete darkness at 730PM.
Well, on the plus side, I finally got to use my lights in the twisty mountain passes.
IMG_4405-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg
Got to camp just in time for some milky way shots. I didn't mess with it too much because I had yet to have dinner, and I had to decide if I want to go see the test sites and deal with camping in the desert or head home the next day.
IMG_4413.jpg
Camped at the campground I was just at in June when my friends and I did Grand Canyon North.
Had to make up the shot the next morning.

Day 49 - Trying NOT to get home
View attachment 190351
Leaving SLC behind, my first stop and the only stop for the day was Bonneville Salt Flat, about 2 hours away from SLC.
View attachment 190352
The salt flat was an interesting spot for photos especially in the noon direct sunlight, but once mastered, the shots came out more than perfect.
It's like I'm in a natural photobooth!
View attachment 190353
Took some opportunities to shoot some detail shots. Maybe one day Baja Designs will use these shots for their marketing lol
View attachment 190354
Or maybe one day RAM will use these. One can hope eh?
View attachment 190355
Even with the lights on, the midday direct sunlight at the salt flat made it a bit easier for these light on shots.
View attachment 190356
And of course, gotta deploy the tent!
This shot reminded me of that scene in Pirates of Caribbean with the ship and the white crabs moving the ship lol
View attachment 190357
I didn't get the chance to take this touristy shot when going in because there was a line of cars waiting, so I did it before I left.
Had to wait a bit longer because a tour bus pulled up and its occupants were taking tourist photos (and took their time) so I sat in my truck with AC pumping.
There's a ledge right under the truck, but I got clearance while other RVs and passenger cars don't, so I pulled up and positioned the truck there.
The tourists were looking at me and even told me they thought I'd go around because of the drop. I told them this is nothing for this correctly built $100k truck and I wasn't even in 4wheel drive lol

Told them to look me up if they want to go to Arctic Ocean and drive there in comfort when they have a chance, I can build one for them! LOL the ultimate marketing move

View attachment 190358
After that brief conversation, I was on the move again. It was almost 3PM and my campsite was still about 5 hours away.
I stopped at West Wendover on the NV side to fill up the tank and rinse the salt off the truck. I got most of them but still a lot more that I couldn't get to. But it is what it is, I guess.

I got to camp well after sun went down. It was a trip for me because just a week and half ago I was still getting sunlight at 8PM, but now it was complete darkness at 730PM.
Well, on the plus side, I finally got to use my lights in the twisty mountain passes.
View attachment 190359
Got to camp just in time for some milky way shots. I didn't mess with it too much because I had yet to have dinner, and I had to decide if I want to go see the test sites and deal with camping in the desert or head home the next day.
View attachment 190360
Camped at the campground I was just at in June when my friends and I did Grand Canyon North.
Had to make up the shot the next morning.
THANK YOU FOR TAKING US ALONG ON YOUR TRIP, I TRIED MY BEST TO CHECK THE FORUM DAILY TO READ YOUR UPDATES AND ADMIRE THE AWESOME PHOTOS YOU SNAGGED. GLAD YOU ARE BACK STATE SIDE, GOOD LUCK ON THE REST OF YOUR TRIP!

THANK YOU FOR TAKING US ALONG ON YOUR TRIP, I TRIED MY BEST TO CHECK THE FORUM DAILY TO READ YOUR UPDATES AND ADMIRE THE AWESOME PHOTOS YOU SNAGGED. GLAD YOU ARE BACK STATE SIDE, GOOD LUCK ON THE REST OF YOUR TRIP!
im home already hahahaha
i've been busy cleaning up the truck and chasing down that front end noise but I couldn't replicate it.

im home already hahahaha
i've been busy cleaning up the truck and chasing down that front end noise but I couldn't replicate it.
Hold up!🫨

So you still don't know what the noise is, but you're hauling a$$ across the salt lakes????

Oh to be a carefree youngster again...😟

Hold up!🫨

So you still don't know what the noise is, but you're hauling a$$ across the salt lakes????

Oh to be a carefree youngster again...😟
hahaha i took it slow to go in and it was FLAT
like flatter than any road in PRCommiefornia.

Users who are viewing this thread

• TSL
Back