5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shodeadman

Reaction score
Anybody Install a Body Kit lift of around 2-3 inch for the front and rear. and have pictures and install instruction. I don't want to do a suspension lift. I have been toying with pulling the trigger on
PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES PA60402

or the

Daystar KC09139BK Black 2" Lift Kit a 2.5 inch Coil Spacer Lift Kit

or the
Motofabs 3 inch from leveling lift and 2 inch rear lift kit

any picture or advice or something better would be greatly appreciated. What
pitfalls have you all ran into?

DesertRebel

Reaction score
I like the idea... in for info.

Am I seeing this correctly - The first and second links are using the exact same photo - but entirely different products :unsure:

jjm2019

Reaction score
Anybody Install a Body Kit lift of around 2-3 inch for the front and rear. and have pictures and install instruction. I don't want to do a suspension lift. I have been toying with pulling the trigger on
PERFORMANCE ACCESSORIES PA60402

or the

Daystar KC09139BK Black 2" Lift Kit a 2.5 inch Coil Spacer Lift Kit

or the
Motofabs 3 inch from leveling lift and 2 inch rear lift kit

any picture or advice or something better would be greatly appreciated. What
pitfalls have you all ran into?
I did the daystar 2-1/2” level kit and have the suspension connection 2” body lift on order, should be here Wednesday so I’ll be installing it next Saturday.. You need a front end alignment after level kit but not one with the body lift. I have air suspension so I had to get level links as well that’s why I’m going this route and it’s very inexpensive to do And it looks great. I got about 3” total with the level kit and the links And installed Nitto Ridge Grapplers 34s

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told they flipped the cab bolts on these trucks, so how you have to pull the carpet to get to the body bolts. Coupe shops quoted me 900-1200 on install.

jjm2019

Reaction score
I was told they flipped the cab bolts on these trucks, so how you have to pull the carpet to get to the body bolts. Coupe shops quoted me 900-1200 on install.
Not true, look under.. the website says 3 to 4 hours and the front and rear bumpers have YouTube videos. Very simple modification. And to video below who cares! Everyone has the own opinion. You do what you want to your truck.

Tmburner

Reaction score
I just did mine a few weeks ago, message me because the kits are not set up for the 2020 correctly. They have the wrong bolts in the kit from Performance Accessories. You do not have to pull carpet.

Attachments

• 10B56B25-D996-4F56-A1AD-1259F06E7275.jpeg
    10B56B25-D996-4F56-A1AD-1259F06E7275.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 371

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just did mine a few weeks ago, message me because the kits are not set up for the 2020 correctly. They have the wrong bolts in the kit from Performance Accessories. You do not have to pull carpet.

So multiple shops told me this. I guess I should just go look, but I thought I did on my old truck, the bolts don’t run downward through the floor?

Tmburner

Reaction score
No, the bolts go up through the frame from bottom. I had to order all new cab bolts because they changed them from 12mm to 14mm on the 2020

Mannion17

Reaction score
Hey I just ordered a 2” body lift from suspension connection Where did you order the correct bolts from I have a 2020 new ram 1500

GATORB8

Reaction score
Man, reminds me of the body lift I put on my 4Runner back in the 90s. Still have nightmares about that install and the resulting issues. Same brand and all.

At least you don't have to weld in extensions on the gearshift or transfercase shifter. Both of those broke on me in the middle of the woods stuck in the mud.

Ram 1500

Reaction score
Hey I just ordered a 2” body lift from suspension connection Where did you order the correct bolts from I have a 2020 new ram 1500
Hey I’m wanting to do 2 in body lift on my 2020 ram where did u get the cab bolts from performance accessories said they don’t even make a body lift for my truck

ztsolt03

Reaction score
I did the daystar 2-1/2” level kit and have the suspension connection 2” body lift on order, should be here Wednesday so I’ll be installing it next Saturday.. You need a front end alignment after level kit but not one with the body lift. I have air suspension so I had to get level links as well that’s why I’m going this route and it’s very inexpensive to do And it looks great. I got about 3” total with the level kit and the links And installed Nitto Ridge Grapplers 34s
What bolts did you end up buying?

AA1mike

Reaction score
I am interested in doing a body lift and any info would be great. Thanks. 2021 rebel if it makes a difference

Blackhat

Reaction score
How is this body lift working out any problems? did you have any real issues with anything needing extended (Wires and Such)? Where did you find the Correct body bolts? Mine might be a little different because it's a diesel but I would think it's the same
Thanks

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Following, Because I want to do this to my 2021 Laramie Ecodiesel too.

I don't want to do the Suspension Lift for the Possibility of Warranty Denial or Voiding.
Plus, it will give me more room to mount my Train Horns and On Board Air System.

Malodave

bigblock 396

Reaction score
I have a ram 2500 mega cab diesel . Do you think this would kit you use will work on my truck. If so what kit and were did you get the bolts. Thank you

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of body lifts. But mostly because people either cheap out and don't raise the bumpers up, or the front and rear wheel wells are open and it's obvious it's abody lift.

For those worried about warranty, any lift, whether it's suspension or body, can effect warranty claims. Just depends on what the use is nd the dealer doing the work

Reaction score
Anyone know what specs for the bolts to on the 2” body lift kit? Looking to pull the trigger on the kit Part #PA60402.

Users who are viewing this thread