5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Badging - How to ?

vondarius20

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get the front grill lettering off without breaking them? Additionally, how difficult is it to remove the tail gate Ram's head?

Tesurf71

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to get the front grill lettering off without breaking them? Additionally, how difficult is it to remove the tail gate Ram's head?
Back was easy I haven't tried the front yet, I need help with the hood emblems

Tesurf71

Reaction score
Looking for opinions. What is the best quality method of taking all exterior chrome badges, trim and grill and making them black. I don't want the most cost effective, but want something done right, that looks good and will last and will hire a professional custom company to do it.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20180824_062556.jpg
    20180824_062556.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 613
  • 20180824_062543.jpg
    20180824_062543.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 588

vondarius20

Reaction score
Save yourself some money and use black Plasti-Dip. That's what I did on mine and the badges turned out great! Oh and I only spent $6 on a can of plasti-dip..

Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/Performix-11...d=1535349443&sr=1-2&keywords=black+plasti+dip

View attachment 3499 View attachment 3500 View attachment 3501 View attachment 3502
Looks good! I actually did plastidip the door emblems. How did you dip the front grill letters, I am concerned with getting the spray on the radiator?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Looks good! I actually did plastidip the door emblems. How did you dip the front grill letters, I am concerned with getting the spray on the radiator?

Just cover the back of the grill with some newspapers or plastic bag to shield from overspray and you're good to go.

Agree with the plastidip solution. Works great.

DOOWORK707

Reaction score
I taped it off and used cardboard behind the grille so over spray couldn't get on the radiator.

John

Reaction score
Can a Limited in Ivory be ordered with Black badging?

John

sgk

Reaction score
Can a Limited in Ivory be ordered with Black badging?

John
Nope, need to do a swap like the rest. Would be kinda nice as an add-on similar to chevy and there black badging option.

jmr

Reaction score
How hard is it to remove the tailgate RAM badge?
It looks like there are 4 clips holding it on does it have adhesive too?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated I plan on doing that to my Bighorn Sport.

Tesurf71

Reaction score
How hard is it to remove the tailgate RAM badge?
It looks like there are 4 clips holding it on does it have adhesive too?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated I plan on doing that to my Bighorn Sport.
Heat it up a d it comes off by pulling it, it will leave some tape but it's easy to remove

Users who are viewing this thread