5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

Kirk 427

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Bilstein's set at 1 or 1.5" with stock wheels and 275/60/20 tires curious what it looks like thanks

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have the Bilstein's set at 1 or 1.5" with stock wheels and 275/60/20 tires curious what it looks like thanks

647395ab2cff09a3d930248f31a66503.jpg

These are your lift options …. Check Custom Wheel Offset gallery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kwalker88

Reaction score
Why do you say that ? How much cutting with a 20 X 10 -18 and that tire ?

I’m running 295/70/18 toyo at3 on 18x9 0mm offset which I believe is a 1/4” taller (34 1/4”) same width and I have a 2” level after I aligned no rubbing/scrubbing I think I could tuck 35s with minimal trim. But I also am a fan of the tucked look on these trucks

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m running 295/70/18 toyo at3 on 18x9 0mm offset which I believe is a 1/4” taller (34 1/4”) same width and I have a 2” level after I aligned no rubbing/scrubbing I think I could tuck 35s with minimal trim. But I also am a fan of the tucked look on these trucks

To each his own …. I’m not a fan of stuffed and tucked …. I like it to look a lil lifted, and the 10” -18’s will give it the stance I want …. Not my first rodeo, I built a 2012, and I have looked at enough pics to know I got it right …. Too much money spent to have regrets

Kwalker88

Reaction score
To each his own …. I’m not a fan of stuffed and tucked …. I like it to look a lil lifted, and the 10” -18’s will give it the stance I want …. Not my first rodeo, I built a 2012, and I have looked at enough pics to know I got it right …. Too much money spent to have regrets

Got ya man I’m coming from a leveled 2wd 19 classic with 20x12s and 305s, I got tired of rock chips and curb rashes lmao. Cheers brotha pics when u done!

EJ84

Reaction score
Quick question, just measured my rake trying to decide what setting I’m going to go with. Has anyone noticed a difference height in the front from passenger side to drivers side?
I’m measuring 35 3/4 drivers and 35 1/4 passenger side. Stock bighorn no air suspension.

thanks

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much fuel is in your tank? 1/2" isn't much considering the fuel tank and driver are on the driver's side.

Depending on the weight of the driver and size of the tank that's quite a weight swing from empty tank and no driver to filling up and getting in to drive.

If that 1/2" is bothering you I would have someone take those measurements when you are sitting in the truck with an empty (~1/4) tank and a full tank and see what the height change is.

My last truck (Ford) had a TSB for that but you had to be around 1 1/2" for the dealership to do anything about it. Even then all they did was put shims between the body and frame of the lower side to even out the body.

EJ84

Reaction score
Truck is under 1/4 tank with no one in the truck, it really doesn’t bother me I didn’t even notice until I measured. Just wanted to check if that was in the normal range.

397STROKER

Reaction score
The front of my truck has always be equal, but the drivers side back is always less the the passenger side. My guess is because of the gas tank. Also, remember to be on level ground and try to always be in the same place when measuring. I always measure from the center hub to the fender. Also, the front fender is cut a 1/4" higher than the back.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck is under 1/4 tank with no one in the truck, it really doesn’t bother me I didn’t even notice until I measured. Just wanted to check if that was in the normal range.
Sounds normal. I'll be you'll be pretty close to "level" with a full tank and you in the driver's seat.

EJ84

Reaction score
Sounds normal. I'll be you'll be pretty close to "level" with a full tank and you in the driver's seat.
Good to know, thanks. I picked up some Toyo at 3’s in 275/60/20 and also front and rear ORG springs to go with the Bilstein’s. I may just use the front ORG springs on setting 4 and use a motofab 1.5” rear spacer instead of the ORG rear springs to get some more rake.

EJ84

Reaction score
Anyone think there would be a big difference in ride quality between ORG front springs on setting 4 or non ORG springs on setting 6? Any thoughts if one would ride smoother? I have an appointment set up just can decide what I want to do.
Thanks for any opinions.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone think there would be a big difference in ride quality between ORG front springs on setting 4 or non ORG springs on setting 6? Any thoughts if one would ride smoother? I have an appointment set up just can decide what I want to do.
Thanks for any opinions.

Can’t go 6.. 5 max.

EJ84

Reaction score
Sorry I meant setting 4 using the ORP springs, or going with setting 6 using my factory springs which are non ORP springs. I do have the ORP springs front and rear in my garage.

397STROKER

Reaction score
The non-ORP spring on 6 will net 2.2" of lift and the ORP spring on 4 is 1.5"+1"(from the ORP)=2.5" I am not sure if the spring rates are the same for each spring. In each case you are compressing the spring to one level below MAX. Now, what I do know is I did the ORP spring set on 4 + a 1/2" top hate spacer and the truck rides good to me. Is a little stiffer than stock, but it still rides very good. In either case it will ride stiffer.

Users who are viewing this thread