5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What pressure you have them at? And what are your tire specs? Size, type, #ply. Thanks

Stock Rebel tires.. 50-52 front 40 rear. 33” load E Duratracs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GATORB8

Reaction score
From what I've seen and read, the Readylift 2.0 kit on a Rebel is fine unless you go off-road and actual use full articulation, which will results in the UCA making contact with the spring.

So my plan is to use Bilstein 5100 at setting 5 (max for a Rebel or ORB spring) and Readylift or Mopar Upgrade UCAs. Should cost almost the same as a Readylift 2.0" kit, but with a better geometry and suspension for off-road use.
There was a post with side-by-side comparison of the stock and Mopar UCAs, supposedly the only difference was the BJs, not clearance. So if your concern is contact, they may not help.

Unfortunately, I can't remember from my Non ORP 3" install if I could get the UCA to contact at full droop, but I think the limiting factor would be the sway bar or strut before contact.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There was a post with side-by-side comparison of the stock and Mopar UCAs, supposedly the only difference was the BJs, not clearance. So if your concern is contact, they may not help.

Unfortunately, I can't remember from my Non ORP 3" install if I could get the UCA to contact at full droop, but I think the limiting factor would be the sway bar or strut before contact.

Gotcha, so the Mopar UCS that are part of their lift kit is likely only upgrade over stock is that it's metal and no difference in angle? I guess I can go with Readylift or Rough Country's UCAs.

GATORB8

Reaction score
Gotcha, so the Mopar UCS that are part of their lift kit is likely only upgrade over stock is that it's metal and no difference in angle? I guess I can go with Readylift or Rough Country's UCAs.

I just left the stock ones with no issues.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I just left the stock ones with no issues.

That's good to hear. I'm just worried about articulation when during off-roading, I've heard of other members having the stock UCA making contact with the spring on full droop.

NHjake98

Reaction score
That's good to hear. I'm just worried about articulation when during off-roading, I've heard of other members having the stock UCA making contact with the spring on full droop.
If you go the shock route for leveling weather it be Bilstein's or Falcons, it should not dramatically change the geometry. If you lift with a puck, then you may have to change your UCA's.

dfrink

Reaction score
Thought I would share my experience, and looking for some insight. I have a ‘19 tradesman with ORP. I had Bilsteins put on the front (rear is stock) and set to the 5th ring (I’ve been under the truck and counted). I’m still about 1.5” low in the front! I recently picked up some stock REBEL wheels + tires. They only had 500 (ish) miles on them. Backing out of my driveway, slight downhill, and turning I am rubbing a bit in the front! I thought I should be able to clear 34” tires easily with this set up?

Overall, I think the truck looks much better. Ride quality is good. Just thought the front would be about an inch higher and tire clearance would be better…. Here’s a pic of the finished product.

Attachments

• F9783832-B77E-4A78-9DD8-8FF61523FA4F.jpeg
    F9783832-B77E-4A78-9DD8-8FF61523FA4F.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 177

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thought I would share my experience, and looking for some insight. I have a ‘19 tradesman with ORP. I had Bilsteins put on the front (rear is stock) and set to the 5th ring (I’ve been under the truck and counted). I’m still about 1.5” low in the front! I recently picked up some stock REBEL wheels + tires. They only had 500 (ish) miles on them. Backing out of my driveway, slight downhill, and turning I am rubbing a bit in the front! I thought I should be able to clear 34” tires easily with this set up?

Overall, I think the truck looks much better. Ride quality is good. Just thought the front would be about an inch higher and tire clearance would be better…. Here’s a pic of the finished product.

The rub is very surprising. I have a NON ORP bighorn that I added the rebel wheels and tires to and had zero rub BEFORE I added the 5100’s on clip 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonBLS

Reaction score
I have stock non-orp suspension and rebel takeoffs. When I first put them on I had a rub in reverse at full lock. The plastic inner fender was warped from the factory and that was the problem. 5 minutes and a heat gun solved the problem. My guess (especially since you are lifted) is you have a similar issue.

dfrink

Reaction score
I have stock non-orp suspension and rebel takeoffs. When I first put them on I had a rub in reverse at full lock. The plastic inner fender was warped from the factory and that was the problem. 5 minutes and a heat gun solved the problem. My guess (especially since you are lifted) is you have a similar issue.
Ah, that makes good sense! It's definitely the plastic liner, just didn't think about it being warped. I have a heat gun, sounds like it's time to go to work!

Reaction score
We finished. Install was pretty easy, as expected on a one yr old truck. The only issue we ran into, was the upper strut nut was rusted solid to the strut shaft. We tried liquid wrench and even tried heat.. the air gun couldn't get it. Ended up cutting a window in the dust boot and wrapping a strap wrench around the exposed shaft. Both front struts were the same way. Rear's were cake.

CrewCab ORP longbed on the #2 slot (I tow and need some rake)
View attachment 76465 View attachment 76466
Thanks for posting the pics! I have a 2019 Laramie with ORP. I tow a 5k lb boat and was debating on which level to set the 5100’s. I think I’m going to try #4, but I’m curious if #2 has been good for you or do you think that #3 would have been fine?

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the pics! I have a 2019 Laramie with ORP. I tow a 5k lb boat and was debating on which level to set the 5100’s. I think I’m going to try #4, but I’m curious if #2 has been good for you or do you think that #3 would have been fine?
3E8B399C-C20A-4CD3-8333-775E048BF733.jpeg So, I went with setting #4 which is the 1.5” if you have the ORP. I thought it would leave me with a little rake, but with the tape measure, it is almost exactly level. I could be a little off with the tape, so if there is any rake, it is pretty minimal. Very happy with the shocks and my only problem now is I need to buy larger tires!Running Nitto Ridge Grapplers but they are stock size. Looking to bump up to 34’s

EJ84

Reaction score
View attachment 104198 So, I went with setting #4 which is the 1.5” if you have the ORP. I thought it would leave me with a little rake, but with the tape measure, it is almost exactly level. I could be a little off with the tape, so if there is any rake, it is pretty minimal. Very happy with the shocks and my only problem now is I need to buy larger tires!Running Nitto Ridge Grapplers but they are stock size. Looking to bump up to 34’s
How do you like the ride? Your truck looks great. I bought bilstein’s, And Im having a hard time deciding if I should go with ORP springs at a lower setting or my stock springs at a higher setting. Any ideas which would provide a better ride

Last edited:

Zeeya

Reaction score
Is the jury still out on whether the stock UCAs will handle the 5100s on #5 (level). Seems to be 3 options, stock, mopar lift UCAs, aftermarket UCAs.
I have the 2019 Rebel and I went with the 5100's to keep the geometry close to the same. The 5100's do not change the geometry as much as a leveling
kit does. I have them set on #5
If you look at the pictures below, the one on the left is with the 5100's installed properly. The picture on the right is when the installer does not listen
to you and they install the Bilstein perch (which the Rebel comes with from the factory) and it does not allow for the circa ring to set in the right place. I had
sit there another 2.5 hours while they removed them and took the Bilstein perch out and allowed them to sit on the Rebel Factory installed perch.
If I would have left it as it, It would not have lasted very long.
IMG_3108.jpg IMG_3062.jpg

Reaction score
How do you like the ride? Your truck looks great. I bought bilstein’s, And Im having a hard time deciding if I should go with ORP springs at a lower setting or my stock springs at a higher setting. Any ideas which would provide a better ride
Honestly, I have noticed much difference with the ride, but I haven’t driven that much since installing the new shocks. If you go with the ORP springs and set the shocks at a lower setting, then at least you can give yourself more opportunity to raise the shock later on if you end up wanting more height. Also, you will be putting less “pre-load” on your springs if you choose the ORP springs. Meaning, by having to set the shock at a higher level, you would have to compress your stock springs more. Overall, I think you’d be happier with the shocks and the ORP. Worth the investment!

EJ84

Reaction score
Blackbeard1790, do you happen to have measurements after your lift?
thanks

Pristine1

Reaction score

Interesting… seems that most at setting 5 and ORP end up with the front fenders slightly higher than the rear. My 21 is stock on 34’s with no rub. I’m about 2- 2 1/4 higher in the rear stock. I Plan to run on setting 3 or 4 to keep a slight rake. Either way yours still looks good, just wander why you’re not as high on setting 5.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been asked before, but I havent found a solid answer yet.

Has anyone found a part # for the 2019 rams yet? Or been given conframation that the 2018 will work on 2019?

I currently have preload installed. And I feel these would be best for what I want to achieve.

Thanks in advance.
Why don't you just purchase what fits on a 2020 model year, they are all the same nothing much has really changed underneath them other then the body style itself.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Why don't you just purchase what fits on a 2020 model year, they are all the same nothing much has really changed underneath them other then the body style itself.
I ordered through Bilsteinlifts.com. Chatted with an agent and informed them of what I was looking for. They were backordered so I got on a waiting list. Week and a 1/2 later, I got an email that they had received 8 sets and to order quickly if I wanted them.. 2 days later in my driveway. THIS IS FOR A 2019 RAM REBEL. IT GIVES YOU THE SAME PART NUMBER FOR A NON REBEL, BUT IT COMES WITH A PERCH TO INSTALL FOR YOUR CIRCLA CLAMP TO SIT ON IF YOU HAVE A NON REBEL. YOU DON'T USE THE PERCH FROM BILSTEIN ON THE REBEL

This part number was taken from the Bilstein web site. When I went entered all of my information in and listed Rebel, it spit this part number back at me. It is the same part number I ordered through Bilsteinlifts.com​

B8 5100 (RIDE HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE) - SHOCK ABSORBER

Part Number: 24-300872
Bilstein B8 5100 0-2.6" Front Lift Adjustable Shocks for 2019-2020 Ram 1500 New body style1$264.00
Subtotal:$264.00
Shipping:Free

Users who are viewing this thread