5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ride any different?..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, you wont notice much difference in the rear from these. The front is a bit different. Floats a bit more but my shocks are also on setting 5 which is max for ORP.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, you wont notice much difference in the rear from these. The front is a bit different. Floats a bit more but my shocks are also on setting 5 which is max for ORP.

Same here.. I’m installing the rear 5100’s now, and need to lift Bc of squat when bed is loaded.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can these be installed without lifting the truck?..

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can these be installed without lifting the truck?..

the 5100s? Its a major suspension component... you need to remove the wheels to remove them so yes the vehicle needs to be jacked up properly to do any of this.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious, how long have any of you waited to get the rear shocks, if any waiting at all? I have been waiting since July with 4 Wheel Parts, they keep telling me it’s on back order at all of their warehouses, grrrrrr….🤬

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the 5100s? Its a major suspension component... you need to remove the wheels to remove them so yes the vehicle needs to be jacked up properly to do any of this.

Talking about the rear 5100’s…

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Talking about the rear 5100’s…

My previous comment still applies. Your wheel needs to come off for easier access and also the shock will come out when there is not pressure on it. just lift the rear and throw a couple stands under the axel.

EJ84

Reaction score
I just got my rear 5100’s delivered. I’m having a hard time deciding if I should do setting 5 or 6. I want some rake so I’m adding either ORG springs or ICONS in the rear, haven’t ordered yet. Any opinions from people who have done similar?

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got my rear 5100’s delivered. I’m having a hard time deciding if I should do setting 5 or 6. I want some rake so I’m adding either ORG springs or ICONS in the rear, haven’t ordered yet. Any opinions from people who have done similar?

The rears aren’t adjustable

EJ84

Reaction score
They way I understand it (which I’ve been wrong a few times) is the rears will accommodate up to 2” of lift. So I should be able to add ORG springs which are 1” or the icon which are 1.5” which will keep me under the max of 2” for the 5100’s. I was referring to 5 or 6 to the front setting.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They way I understand it (which I’ve been wrong a few times) is the rears will accommodate up to 2” of lift. So I should be able to add ORG springs which are 1” or the icon which are 1.5” which will keep me under the max of 2” for the 5100’s. I was referring to 5 or 6 to the front setting.
correct on the assumptions on the rear lift amount. I would measure the amount of rake you have currently then decide on settings.

Jtimm2007

Reaction score
Do the ORG trucks have the same spring perch as the rebels? I just ordered a set of front and back 5100s and want to make sure that I’m not messing it up.
I have the 2019 Rebel and I went with the 5100's to keep the geometry close to the same. The 5100's do not change the geometry as much as a leveling
kit does. I have them set on #5
If you look at the pictures below, the one on the left is with the 5100's installed properly. The picture on the right is when the installer does not listen
to you and they install the Bilstein perch (which the Rebel comes with from the factory) and it does not allow for the circa ring to set in the right place. I had
sit there another 2.5 hours while they removed them and took the Bilstein perch out and allowed them to sit on the Rebel Factory installed perch.
If I would have left it as it, It would not have lasted very long.
View attachment 104256 View attachment 104257

R.Duff

Reaction score
I put my 5160s in with the truck on the ground. Just removed the wheel liners for doing the top and crawled under the truck for bottom end.
Compressing them to get the bolt back in can be a b!tch though but you can do it by hand, or use a little jack or pry bar. It's probably easier on stands but I live on a massive hill and couldn't be bothered finding a flat spot lol.

And yes all the 1500s have the same spring perches.

Ibanez540r

Reaction score
I spent hours until 230 am last night reading this entier thread. I decided I'm going to do 5100s all around to go with my upcoming first set of tire upgrade on my 2019.

I found the rears available from Bilsteinlifts.com and the best price on the fronts on Ebay with a 5% off coupon so it was like $250 for the pair after taxes. Had them in my cart about to purchase, but was tired and said I'd wait until morning to look around a little more. Woke up this morning and tried to purchase and got an error. Ends up the 4 availabe were already sold. Started searching the net and realized these are on a national back order!!! I'm SO MAD I didnt order them last night! I need these asap to install and be able to get tires before the snow (NE Ohio). Ugh.. frustrating..

I did order the rears, just gotta find the fronts.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Do the ORG trucks have the same spring perch as the rebels? I just ordered a set of front and back 5100s and want to make sure that I’m not messing it up.
Jtimm, I am going to try and attach the installation instructions and there is a diagram on page 2 of 6. It shows installing the Bilstein spring seat adaptor. If you install it on a Rebel or other Ram with the factory 1" lift you will get this. Picture attached is when the guys installed the spring seat adaptor that came with the 5100's and the Rebel housing already has them installed. You will notice the plate would not go down any farther on the shock which set the front end geometry way out of whack. Once the spring seat adaptor plate that came with the shocks were removed it allowed the spring to set down on the circlip in the proper position. Regular Ram 1500's do not have this built in. As you can see in the second picture the circlip is located in the proper place now with that extra adaptor removed. Hope this helps.
IMG_3085.jpg IMG_3097.jpg

Zeeya

Reaction score
I spent hours until 230 am last night reading this entier thread. I decided I'm going to do 5100s all around to go with my upcoming first set of tire upgrade on my 2019.

I found the rears available from Bilsteinlifts.com and the best price on the fronts on Ebay with a 5% off coupon so it was like $250 for the pair after taxes. Had them in my cart about to purchase, but was tired and said I'd wait until morning to look around a little more. Woke up this morning and tried to purchase and got an error. Ends up the 4 availabe were already sold. Started searching the net and realized these are on a national back order!!! I'm SO MAD I didnt order them last night! I need these asap to install and be able to get tires before the snow (NE Ohio). Ugh.. frustrating..

I did order the rears, just gotta find the fronts.
IB, I had the same problem. I signed up on the notification on Bilsteinlifts to be notified when they became in stock. I got the notification about a week and half later that they were in stock and ordered them within 30 minutes of getting email. They are hard to find.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thought I would share my experience, and looking for some insight. I have a ‘19 tradesman with ORP. I had Bilsteins put on the front (rear is stock) and set to the 5th ring (I’ve been under the truck and counted). I’m still about 1.5” low in the front! I recently picked up some stock REBEL wheels + tires. They only had 500 (ish) miles on them. Backing out of my driveway, slight downhill, and turning I am rubbing a bit in the front! I thought I should be able to clear 34” tires easily with this set up?

Overall, I think the truck looks much better. Ride quality is good. Just thought the front would be about an inch higher and tire clearance would be better…. Here’s a pic of the finished product.
I believe I heard or read somewhere that there were some mistakes in certain off road packages, and certain trucks ended up with regular springs rather then the off road ones which are what gives you the 1" factory lift.
Wonder if that is why you are still not level at setting 5 and having some rubbing issues

Jtimm2007

Reaction score
Jtimm, I am going to try and attach the installation instructions and there is a diagram on page 2 of 6. It shows installing the Bilstein spring seat adaptor. If you install it on a Rebel or other Ram with the factory 1" lift you will get this. Picture attached is when the guys installed the spring seat adaptor that came with the 5100's and the Rebel housing already has them installed. You will notice the plate would not go down any farther on the shock which set the front end geometry way out of whack. Once the spring seat adaptor plate that came with the shocks were removed it allowed the spring to set down on the circlip in the proper position. Regular Ram 1500's do not have this built in. As you can see in the second picture the circlip is located in the proper place now with that extra adaptor removed. Hope this helps.
View attachment 108385 View attachment 108386
This helps so much! thank you zeeya.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm fitment on a Rebel with REAR Bilstein 5100’s?..

Gs72174

Reaction score
Just got 1500’s installed up front on my 2019 Big Horn on setting 5 with OEM UCA’s. Ride is much smoother.

Bought them on my own and got a local garage to do the install. I’ve got access to the tools to do it but I’ve got no time.

I’m glad I paid a shop to do the install because they had issues taking apart the stock shock assembly. Took them 4 hours to install the Bilsteins and do an alignment. If they had issues, then it would have probably taken me a whole day to do it. Worth the $375 to get them to do install the Bilsteins and do an alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread