5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

Sugar

Reaction score
I’ll take measurements tomorrow cuz I’m parked on a decline. Installed ORP springs, bilstien front and rear (setting 4), Fuel Techs, and duratracs (285/60/20). Wanted a little rake, so I’m pleased so far.
Maaaaan that color

Flemminr

Reaction score
Been reading lots in this thread and seeing some conflicting things about 5100's in the rear so I'm hoping someone can clarify for me.

My truck is a 2019 1500 Sport 4WD (Canada model with no off-road package) and I presently have the ReadyLift 3.5 lift installed with the OEM struts/shocks. My plan for the front is to pull the pre-load spacer and put in some 5100's on seat 5 to get the lift in the front back and keep the top hat spacer. I see a lot of people have already done this. I also ordered 5100's for the rear, however I see that the rear shocks can only accommodate 1 inch of lift and the ReadyLift spring spacers are 2 inches. I'm guessing that means I can't use the 5100's in the rear with the 2 inch ReadyLift spring spacer and would have to get 5160's instead?

A little confused by this as I still have the OEM shocks in the rear and it seems odd they accommodate the 2 inches of lift in the rear but the 5100's cant?

Thanks

BigAdge

Reaction score
I agree, that is odd but those are the correct part numbers for the ORP springs. It seems like theres big differences in actual gains from member to member
FYI I hauled some lumber the last few days and drove about 60 miles. Still measuring right around 39.75" in fronts and 40.25" in rear at that 5 setting.

Sugar

Reaction score
Been reading lots in this thread and seeing some conflicting things about 5100's in the rear so I'm hoping someone can clarify for me.

My truck is a 2019 1500 Sport 4WD (Canada model with no off-road package) and I presently have the ReadyLift 3.5 lift installed with the OEM struts/shocks. My plan for the front is to pull the pre-load spacer and put in some 5100's on seat 5 to get the lift in the front back and keep the top hat spacer. I see a lot of people have already done this. I also ordered 5100's for the rear, however I see that the rear shocks can only accommodate 1 inch of lift and the ReadyLift spring spacers are 2 inches. I'm guessing that means I can't use the 5100's in the rear with the 2 inch ReadyLift spring spacer and would have to get 5160's instead?

A little confused by this as I still have the OEM shocks in the rear and it seems odd they accommodate the 2 inches of lift in the rear but the 5100's cant?

Thanks
If I remember reading correctly; the rears are 0-1” over ORP. The best thing to do would be reach out to Bilstein to verify. Someone in this forum may have already done this if you read back far enough to note.

StraightArrow

Reaction score
d08ab8614055a1f59893e76075f9672c.jpg

Bilstein’s all around, front set at # 5.

Love the ride and the leveled look!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miked513

Reaction score
Installed today! ORP BTS, tires changed from stock falken wp 275/55/20 to falken wp 275/60/20. Bilstein 5100s setting 3. Did not want to go to aggressive for gas mileage (95% road miles) but wanted more offroad capabilities for camping/hunting.

Measurements stock tires were a bit under 37.5/39.5 front/rear ground to center of fender.
275/60/20s measurements were 38.25/40.25 front/rear
After bilsteins on #3 39.75/40.25

Definitely got close to 1.5" out of setting 3 with ORP. I'm assuming they will break in a bit, but I'm very glad I went with setting 3 over 4 or 5. 5 would be very nose high in my opinion.

View attachment 70604 View attachment 70602 View attachment 70603 View attachment 70604 View attachment 70602 View attachment 70602 View attachment 70603 View attachment 70604

@BigAdge how’s the ride quality? I’m looking to do the exact same thing to my ORP equipped Laramie. Truck looks great BTW.

BigAdge

Reaction score
@BigAdge how’s the ride quality? I’m looking to do the exact same thing to my ORP equipped Laramie. Truck looks great BTW.

Thank you! I have to edit that turns out I'm on setting 5, the shop did their own thing, and I'm glad they did, puts me with 0.5" rake. If you wanted a little more I think setting 4 would be a good spot.

Ride quality is awesome, I have to say I think it is better than stock now that I've driven a bit. More firm for sure. I noticed when I went to the 33s it was definitely not as nice of a ride, but switching to the bils brought it back to stock at least.

Miked513

Reaction score
Thank you! I have to edit that turns out I'm on setting 5, the shop did their own thing, and I'm glad they did, puts me with 0.5" rake. If you wanted a little more I think setting 4 would be a good spot.

Ride quality is awesome, I have to say I think it is better than stock now that I've driven a bit. More firm for sure. I noticed when I went to the 33s it was definitely not as nice of a ride, but switching to the bils brought it back to stock at least.

Awesome. Yeah I think I will be going with position 5 as well to stay within their recommendations but maximize height. I’m going to wait until the factory falkens are worn out and then do level and tires at the same time like you. I’m 95% highway mileage so I’d like to retain the ride quality best I can. These ORP springs still ride better than any other truck I’ve owned. Curious how your CV and upper control arm angles look? Anyway you can post a front shot of the CV’s and maybe one looking down the wheel well at the UCA’s? I’ve seen some go ahead and swap the UCA’s for the Mopar lift part numbers but I’d rather not even mess with it if the factory ones don’t look terrible.

BigAdge

Reaction score
Awesome. Yeah I think I will be going with position 5 as well to stay within their recommendations but maximize height. I’m going to wait until the factory falkens are worn out and then do level and tires at the same time like you. I’m 95% highway mileage so I’d like to retain the ride quality best I can. These ORP springs still ride better than any other truck I’ve owned. Curious how your CV and upper control arm angles look? Anyway you can post a front shot of the CV’s and maybe one looking down the wheel well at the UCA’s? I’ve seen some go ahead and swap the UCA’s for the Mopar lift part numbers but I’d rather not even mess with it if the factory ones don’t look terrible.

I'm try to get some pics tonight, they look good to me, the shop I went to saod the angles are all great and they've done a ton of these on the new 19/20 rams with awesome results. They highly recommend the 5100s over a spacer.

CJR28

Reaction score
I asked this question in previously in the BTS thread. I have a 2020 BTS that didnt come with the ORP springs, my dealer is going to be adding them next week and also installing my 5100s. If I go to setting 4, will I be able to fit a 34” (275/65R20) tire without rub? Thanks

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
I asked this question in previously in the BTS thread. I have a 2020 BTS that didnt come with the ORP springs, my dealer is going to be adding them next week and also installing my 5100s. If I go to setting 4, will I be able to fit a 34” (275/65R20) tire without rub? Thanks

Width? Wheel offset?

Ccroce

Reaction score
For what it's worth, mine still has a good bit of rake to it after having the 5100's installed on setting #4. But, that's exactly what I was wanting. I didn't like how low the front end sat and wanted to raise it up just a little. I don't plan on changing from stock wheels and tire size. I'm happy with how it turned out. And the ride is even more improved from what was already a nice ride.

Can you share a few pictures? Also looking at setting #4 with factory wheels and tires - thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread