5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ok Folks, here’s what I have and the issue I’m having.

Front
Bilstein 5100 setting #5 = 1.7”
Tuff Country top hat spacer = 1.75
Tuff Country Uniball UCA
This should equal 3.45” front lift

Rear
Icon Rear springs, add 1.5” to the rear
1/2 spacer
This should equal 2” rear lift

with the current math Truck should sit level but
right now I’m 3/4 inch higher in the front then the rear. I know I have read that these Bilstein 5100 will settle but how much are we talking about? 3/4? I don’t feel like tearing all this apart again just to move the clip to setting #4. I’d like to hear from some other guys that have installed these.
Philip, can you post your ground to fender measurements before and after? Interested on the rear ones more with the Icon springs. You can remove the rear 1/2 spacer (where did you get that one?) and do a 1.5 rear spacer.

ff13375

Reaction score
For the guys waiting... bilsteinlifts.com has the 5100 back in stock

Phlipnstik

Reaction score
Philip, can you post your ground to fender measurements before and after? Interested on the rear ones more with the Icon springs. You can remove the rear 1/2 spacer (where did you get that one?) and do a 1.5 rear spacer.
Unfortunately the measurements will all be different because I replaced the wheels and tires. I purchased the 1/2 rear spacer from https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-5-Inch...=1233931528163c2801c77460417d9e04434888eea669
It did need a very very minimal modification in order for the rear Icon spring to fit in there properly. I also did remove the shark fin antenna and placed it inside the truck in order to clear the garage door. 3A556BC7-2FEF-4F1F-BBE8-0712C40D01C3.jpeg 5BF33A78-39FF-4A2F-8B04-43BE414DE9B4.jpeg CAFFCB2F-A9CB-4173-AF33-2BB639AAA8B9.jpeg

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just scored a pair of 5100’s for my truck.. 2020 Rebel Ecodiesel. I know not to go any higher than 2” setting... Will I be able to fit a set of 285/75R18’s on my stock Rebel rims?.. Anybody do this setup yet? Is there anything else I need to know about putting these on the Rebel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They will fit on the wheel no problem. That tire size is recommended to be on a wheel that is 7.5" to 9.5" wide, the 'choice' width being 8". Your Rebel wheels are 8" wide.

They are not that much bigger (about 1/2" wider and almost 3" taller). The 1/2" wider won't be a big deal and the 1.5" radius increase shouldn't be a problem either.

The only things you will need to consider is that the tire size you want to go to are 15lbs heavier per tire. With 60lbs of extra rolling resistance your fuel economy is going to down some (if that's a concern).

Also, your speedometer will be about 8% off (your speedometer will say 60 mph but you are actually doing 65 mph).

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
These will install on Rebels correct?

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They will fit on the wheel no problem. That tire size is recommended to be on a wheel that is 7.5" to 9.5" wide, the 'choice' width being 8". Your Rebel wheels are 8" wide.

They are not that much bigger (about 1/2" wider and almost 3" taller). The 1/2" wider won't be a big deal and the 1.5" radius increase shouldn't be a problem either.

The only things you will need to consider is that the tire size you want to go to are 15lbs heavier per tire. With 60lbs of extra rolling resistance your fuel economy is going to down some (if that's a concern).

Also, your speedometer will be about 8% off (your speedometer will say 60 mph but you are actually doing 65 mph).

Great!.. Would love to see any pictures from people with this setup

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, you just don't need to use the spring perch adapters as the Rebel spring perches will go right on the 5100's.

Wondering why the difference in Perches between Rebels and other models?..

Mother

Reaction score

The stock front Bilstein shocks on the Rebels are the same diameter as the 5100's (larger diameter than the standard shocks on other models).

K_Hub

Reaction score

Edit: Didn’t see that Mother answered this perfectly above.

Rebels come stock with Bilstein shocks which use a different perch than the Mopar shocks on other models.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The stock front Bilstein shocks on the Rebels are the same diameter as the 5100's (larger diameter than the standard shocks on other models).

Great thanks!

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Edit: Didn’t see that Mother answered this perfectly above.

Rebels come stock with Bilstein shocks which use a different perch than the Mopar shocks on other models.

Awesome!

jabara572

Reaction score
Just scored a pair of 5100’s for my truck.. 2020 Rebel Ecodiesel. I know not to go any higher than 2” setting... Will I be able to fit a set of 285/75R18’s on my stock Rebel rims?.. Anybody do this setup yet? Is there anything else I need to know about putting these on the Rebel?

I have 285/75r18's Duratracs on my stock rebel wheels. I have a 2" ready lift and control arms and run 1/4" spacers (but I dont think they are needed). Dont rub at all one bit lock to lock even in reverse up a hill, although it seems my truck may be a freak b/c ive got tons of room, didnt even have to tie back the fender liners....

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have 285/75r18's Duratracs on my stock rebel wheels. I have a 2" ready lift and control arms and run 1/4" spacers (but I dont think they are needed). Dont rub at all one bit lock to lock even in reverse up a hill, although it seems my truck may be a freak b/c ive got tons of room, didnt even have to tie back the fender liners....

How’s it look on the truck?.. A lot of Sidewall Rubber?.. Have any pictures you can share?

jabara572

Reaction score
Great!.. Would love to see any pictures from people with this setup

Here you go. They look absolutely perfect in my opinion, shouldve been the stock size. And the weight difference between stock and these is very minimal, trust me i was moving them both around. At most 10lb a tire. Rebels make 33's look absolutely tiny, they even make these 35's look kinda small.

My fuel economy (on the highway) has actually gone up a little. Google better mpg with 35's...its a thing. Its science.

Attachments

• IMG_27.10.2020_102225_2.jpg
    IMG_27.10.2020_102225_2.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 214

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here you go. They look absolutely perfect in my opinion, shouldve been the stock size. And the weight difference between stock and these is very minimal, trust me i was moving them both around. At most 10lb a tire. Rebels make 33's look absolutely tiny, they even make these 35's look kinda small.

My fuel economy (on the highway) has actually gone up a little. Google better mpg with 35's...its a thing. Its science.

Sweet!.. Exactly what I want. Any Rake?..

jabara572

Reaction score
Sweet!.. Exactly what I want. Any Rake?..

I really can't make up my mind, depends on how you measure. I've got about 1/2" rake maybe used to be 3/4" but seems my rear is settling, think I'm gonna get a 0.5-1" rear lift spacer, I like a little rake, especially with how giant the sport hood is, I think it makes the front look higher than it is

Users who are viewing this thread