5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you get on their wait list? I had to do that. As soon as they come in the will email you. You need to order quick or they're gone.

I didn’t. But hopefully RealTruck isn’t dicking me over and they’ll arrive as they said they would. It’s funny though...I’m not totally hating the rake with the rebel tires lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
That's with the 2" spring spacer in the rear correct? Any Rake or is it level? I'm only going up 1.5 in the rear with the ICON springs so I may have to go setting #3 up front. If you have a 1/2 inch of rake I can go with #4.
Yes, 2" Rear Spacer, originally .5" Rake but haven't measured since the original install.. Most likely have changed a bit after settling in... Suspension has softened a bit in the last 150 miles or so. I've put about 1100 miles on the shocks since the lift.

Truckguy

Reaction score
Curious what some of the guys that have had their 5100’s on for a little while are experiencing. Has anyone’s ride heights settled lower? Any discernible change in handling? Would be nice to hear from both ORG/ORP I stalls and standard height spring setups.

SWFLRebel

Reaction score
I just had my 5100's installed on Friday. Loving the new look over the stock, still slightly lower by .5" in front like everyone is seeing but overall much better than before. Ride feels just as good as before with no real noticeable diff. For anyone looking to buy them I actually ordered them 2 weeks ago on Ebay from a seller who had a few in stock but they were about $12 more per shock than the other sites. Was a little apprehensive because there was no images nothing, just the product number but came quick and as expected so cant complain. IMG_6432.JPG

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just had my 5100's installed on Friday. Loving the new look over the stock, still slightly lower by .5" in front like everyone is seeing but overall much better than before. Ride feels just as good as before with no real noticeable diff. For anyone looking to buy them I actually ordered them 2 weeks ago on Ebay from a seller who had a few in stock but they were about $12 more per shock than the other sites. Was a little apprehensive because there was no images nothing, just the product number but came quick and as expected so cant complain. View attachment 65145

Setting #5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is everyones opinion on the bilstein rear shocks? Are people going with the 5100's in rear as well or stepping up to the 5160's for the resi?

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
So would it be ok to use a 1.5 top hat and set some Bills 5100s at 2.2?
and of course with new UCA

Phlipnstik

Reaction score
So would it be ok to use a 1.5 top hat and set some Bills 5100s at 2.2?
and of course with new UCA
Yes, that is similar to what I am doing. 2” top hat, new UCA and #5 setting for a total of 3.7 up front and 2” in the rear

mp1

Reaction score
What is everyones opinion on the bilstein rear shocks? Are people going with the 5100's in rear as well or stepping up to the 5160's for the resi?
I guess it all depends on what you're going to use the truck for. Currently, I have 5100s on all 4 corners. Are they better than the OE Hitachi crap shocks that came with my truck? Night and day better. I don't do much off-roading, so the 5100s suit me just fine. No regrets. However, I seem to be taking my truck more and more off paved roads, so I might eventually go with the 6112/5160 combo (when the 6112s are released).

Others I've read have also had no regrets going with the 5160s in the rear. For the price difference, it seems worth it. I kind of regret not doing it from the start.

Bigga826

Reaction score
I guess it all depends on what you're going to use the truck for. Currently, I have 5100s on all 4 corners. Are they better than the OE Hitachi crap shocks that came with my truck? Night and day better. I don't do much off-roading, so the 5100s suit me just fine. No regrets. However, I seem to be taking my truck more and more off paved roads, so I might eventually go with the 6112/5160 combo (when the 6112s are released).

Others I've read have also had no regrets going with the 5160s in the rear. For the price difference, it seems worth it. I kind of regret not doing it from the start.
Hey do you have the part #'s for the front and the rears?

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
I'm loving the 5160's so far in the rear. Put About 1200 miles on my RL 3.5 mixed w/ 5100/5160's and couldn't be more happy. Only things left for me to do is Mopar CAI, Exhaust, and the Hellwig sway bar.

mp1

Reaction score
Hey do you have the part #'s for the front and the rears?
Front: 24-232203 (ride height adjustable)
Rear: 24-233354

If you elect to go with the 5160s in the rear for about $70 more, it's 25-299946

knightro84

Reaction score
Just installed my 5100's today, did the front and rears and went ahead and did the Mopar 2" lift kit UCA's for piece of mind (and for the price, why not). Went with setting #5 on the struts and the truck is dead nuts level (I have the ORP). Front end sits about as high as my dad's '16 3500 Mega Cab 4x4 now. Love the way the truck rides, and I feel like the Hellwig sway bar is even more effective.

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5466.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread