5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

rob989_69

Reaction score
I know here in the US they need to be ordered individually. So you would need a quantity of 2.

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything new on the Bilstein 5100's? I'm very interested in them as an option to level, but I'm not seeing any info on a release.

I bought blistering 5100 adjustable shock for my 2008 ram 1500 and was very happy with them. Other people may argue with me. But I think going with an adjustable shock to level your truck out is the way to go, instead of using spacers. Looking at purchasing them again to level out my 2019 ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
shockwarehouse.com has them, $132. https://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/product.cfm?id=3138150 discount code SNOW12 gets your $12 off with free shipping.

I tried filtering by make/model first and they don't come up, but then I searched by part number 24-232203 and they come up and show for the 2019 RAM. It does say 2wd but I've confirmed the part number on bilsteins website matches so I'm confident they're the same.

So I had a chat with shockwarehouse and they have bad information in case anyone is trying to order from them, they state it's for 2wd, but have called Bilstein directly and it's definitely for the 4wd model (not 2wd, although it might fit that model too). But no rear shocks are available for our truck direct fitment (but could probably run DS model versions on it, but will wait for their vehicle specific versions to come out).

rah6887

Reaction score
So I had a chat with shockwarehouse and they have bad information in case anyone is trying to order from them, they state it's for 2wd, but have called Bilstein directly and it's definitely for the 4wd model (not 2wd, although it might fit that model too). But no rear shocks are available for our truck direct fitment (but could probably run DS model versions on it, but will wait for their vehicle specific versions to come out).
And I assume that you confirmed that the 24-232203 is for the DT?
Just curious, before I place my order

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
I'm confused why would 2wd be different?

Not sure I am qualified to answer that, best to ask Bilstein... but my guess is its just different tuning of the shock itself for heavier front end and height difference of 2wd vs 4wd models.

sman301

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good shop to do the level as it's too cold for me to get hands on with this. To those living in the GTA/Hamilton region, know of any good shops to get this done?

sman301 sman301 sman301

agjr85

Reaction score

So 4th gen 2wd vs 4wd had different setup up front.
5th gen 2wd and 4wd have same front setup, so from my understanding anything 4wd is 2wd applicable.

Also most 4th gen items carry over for the rear. but I wouldn't take the risk unless you are handy and willing to test.

Tender

Reaction score
Their reply to my inquiry was they will also have rear shocks for 1" over stock. I assume to accommodate the orp.

I had a 12 Ram with the billstein 5100 on the front and just leveled it. My 19 seems to sit lower and I would like to do 2 1/2" in the front and 1" in the rear. Are you saying that Bilstein will have a shock that will lift the back 1" as well as the leveling shocks for the front? Hopefully to maintain roughly 3/4" of rake or so.

If so sign me up!!

R

Rob5589

I had a 12 Ram with the billstein 5100 on the front and just leveled it. My 19 seems to sit lower and I would like to do 2 1/2" in the front and 1" in the rear. Are you saying that Bilstein will have a shock that will lift the back 1" as well as the leveling shocks for the front? Hopefully to maintain roughly 3/4" of rake or so.

If so sign me up!!
That was their reply to my inquiry; a 1" over stock height rear shock. They didn't specify if that 1" was to accommodate the orp or not.

Tender

Reaction score
That was their reply to my inquiry; a 1" over stock height rear shock. They didn't specify if that 1" was to accommodate the orp or not.

I see. Thanks for the reply! That almost sounds as though they are making a stock replacement shock and then another shock that is 1" longer for the ORP and it would not actually lift the back end 1".

So beyond a 1" spacer for the back is there another way to lift the rear 1" or so? I only ask because on my 2012 I set the shock at 1.75 in order to maintain a little bit of rake.

On the 2019 the whole truck seems to sit lower and I'd like to raise the front the full amount but not end up with a mini Carolina Squat.

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
I see. Thanks for the reply! That almost sounds as though they are making a stock replacement shock and then another shock that is 1" longer for the ORP and it would not actually lift the back end 1".

So beyond a 1" spacer for the back is there another way to lift the rear 1" or so? I only ask because on my 2012 I set the shock at 1.75 in order to maintain a little bit of rake.

On the 2019 the whole truck seems to sit lower and I'd like to raise the front the full amount but not end up with a mini Carolina Squat.

I believe you have it right. You could gowhatever height in the front and then use the +1 rear shock and raise the rear however you wanted. I believe the ORP rear springs provide a 1” lift?

rob989_69

Reaction score
I believe you have it right. You could gowhatever height in the front and then use the +1 rear shock and raise the rear however you wanted. I believe the ORP rear springs provide a 1” lift?
Shocks don't provide lift. You either need a spring, which doesn't exist to my knowledge, or a spacer that sits on the spring. The shocks are good for 0-1" relating to overall travel. Meaning you can lift the rear 1" and still have enough travel on the shock without bottoming out. The ORP only lifts the front 1". I don't believe it lifts the back ( I could be wrong on this part.)

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
Shocks don't provide lift. You either need a spring, which doesn't exist to my knowledge, or a spacer that sits on the spring. The shocks are good for 0-1" relating to overall travel. Meaning you can lift the rear 1" and still have enough travel on the shock without bottoming out. The ORP only lifts the front 1". I don't believe it lifts the back ( I could be wrong on this part.)
I agree on the shock not providing lift, I was just saying that’s the one to use if he wants the rear raised an inch, in conjunction with a method of lift.

R

Rob5589

I was obviously unclear; they referred to a shock to accommodate an extra inch of height, not to lift the rear one inch. Thus the assumption it is for the orp.

Users who are viewing this thread