5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Using the 2” Mopar UCAs on a Rebel set at circlip #5 will improve the Angles?.. I know with this setup, I’m at 3” total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Using the 2” Mopar UCAs on a Rebel set at circlip #5 will improve the Angles?.. I know with this setup, I’m at 3” total.

Did I waste my money?

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They're not that expensive and have more range than stock. I don't think it's a waste for the money.

I know but I could put the $120 towards a UCA that is better for a lift over 2”

doolin64

Reaction score
What lift are you running? How are you going to be using it? Street queen (I'm including dirt roads on this on)? True offroading? That's important to know. You're posting in the Bilstein and Mopar lift threads.

From my research, Bilstein designed the struts to work with stock a-arms. So that means if you have a non ORP/Rebel/North/BTS truck, you can set them at the highest setting 2.6" and be fine with the stock a-arms. Adding the a-arms from Mopar will work in this scenario as well. Plenty of guys also run the Mopar lift plus ORP springs up front for a 3" lift and run the Mopar a-arms without issue.

If you decided to do Bilstein's at 2" and add a 1.5" tophat spacer, or do any other combo for a 3-3.5" lift, then I'd suggest moving to a different a-arm. But it's not imperative, unless you're going to wheel your truck hard off-road and maxing out your droop going over obstacles etc. Again, this is just from my research.

Last edited:

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What lift are you running? How are you going to be using it? Street queen (I'm including dirt roads on this on)? True offroading? That's important to know. You're posting in the Bilstein and Mopar lift threads.

From my research, Bilstein designed the struts to work with stock a-arms. So that means if you have a non ORP/Rebel/North/BTS truck, you can set them at the highest setting 2.6" and be fine with the stock a-arms. Adding the a-arms from Mopar will work in this scenario as well. Plenty of guys also run the Mopar lift plus ORP springs up front for a 3" lift and run the Mopar a-arms without issue.

If you decided to do Bilstein's at 2" and add 1.5" tophat spacer, or do any other combo for a 3-3.5" lift, then I'd suggest moving to a different a-arm. But it's not imperative, unless you're going to wheel your truck hard off-road and making out your droop going over obstacles etc. Again, this is just from my research.

Thank you!.. I do some light off-roading upstate NY when hunting. Also, a lot of beach driving in the warmer months fishing.. I do a fair share of off-roading. Just trying to improve all components.

RKK22

Reaction score
Anyone recommend?

There’s certainly expensive UCA options. Ready lift, rough country, etc. I found some Mopar UCAs on Ebay that come with the 2” Mopar leveling kit. But you can get just the UCAs for around 120 before tax and shipping. Just make sure you’re looking at the ones for the 2” leveling kit and not the stock mopars

20Ram4X

Reaction score
I would really hate to spend a couple thousand dollars on King Coilovers and still have the same problem.
I have the Bilsteins set to 5 with some Zone UCA's and am getting a similar clunk at full droop that is driving me nuts. Might be the shocks topping out. Did you resolve yours yet? I'm almost pulling the trigger on some extended Fox 2.5 coilovers..

Last edited:

Ram Dude

Reaction score

If you decided to do Bilstein's at 2" and add 1.5" tophat spacer, or do any other combo for a 3-3.5" lift, then I'd suggest moving to a different a-arm. But it's not imperative, unless you're going to wheel your truck hard off-road and making out your droop going over obstacles etc. Again, this is just from my research.
+1

Ram Dude

Reaction score
I have the Bilsteins set to 5 with some Zone UCA's and am getting a similar clunk at full droop that is driving me nuts. Might be the shocks topping out. Did you resolve yours yet? I'm almost pulling the trigger on some extended Fox 2.5 coilovers..
Have you checked, retorqued/tightened to spec all your front suspension components, particularly front sway bar end links? When I was getting clunking that resolved it for me.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Doesn't the Rebel come with the upgraded UCA's?

The UCAs are the same across the board as mentioned, the Rebel has different springs that I think are slightly stiffer, hence the 1" lift, though I think not even that is from just the spring, I think it's including the 33" tires as part of the 1" height difference.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The UCAs are the same across the board as mentioned, the Rebel has different springs that I think are slightly stiffer, hence the 1" lift, though I think not even that is from just the spring, I think it's including the 33" tires as part of the 1" height difference.
So the ORP has the same lift as a Rebel, just smaller wheel/tire package? Does that mean when I was 'stock' I could fit the Rebel wheel/tire package on my ORP Longhorn?

*I have the Bilstein's on setting #2 w/ORP, so I'm sure I have the clearance now.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the ORP has the same lift as a Rebel, just smaller wheel/tire package? Does that mean when I was 'stock' I could fit the Rebel wheel/tire package on my ORP Longhorn?

*I have the Bilstein's on setting #2 w/ORP, so I'm sure I have the clearance now.

I fit the rebel wheel/tire package on my non ORP bighorn prior to my Bilstein install with no rub

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Rebel comes with Bilsteins.. Others come with Hitachis..

20Ram4X

Reaction score
Have you checked, retorqued/tightened to spec all your front suspension components, particularly front sway bar end links? When I was getting clunking that resolved it for me.
Thanks, I'll drive it a few miles and retorque everything.

Users who are viewing this thread