5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

BigTruckGuy

Reaction score
Saw a video of a rebel with the motofab puck on it and it had the clunking noise going over bumps. Turned out to be the UCA hitting the spring at full droop. Possible the same thing is happening with yours even if you have bilsteins.
Had it on a lift at full droop, there was plenty of space between the two.

BigTruckGuy

Reaction score
The strut spacer extends the length of the strut which will cause that problem more so than the lift with preload.
I would really hate to spend a couple thousand dollars on King Coilovers and still have the same problem.

troymi

Reaction score
Hey BigTruckGuy: Why do you say it gives you the 3" you need? What are you trying to do? Your tires don't look that big. The truck looks fine by the way.

BigTruckGuy

Reaction score
Thanks! Nitto ridge grappler 305/55/20s... I'm sitting at 25 in. From hub center to fender on all corners.

BigTruckGuy

Reaction score
Thanks! Nitto ridge grappler 305/55/20s... I'm sitting at 25 in. From hub center to fender on all corners.

I just wanted to have the front perfectly level with the rear without installing a complete lift. The ride is so stiff & I can't figure out what this clunking sound from the front end is.

BigTruckGuy

Reaction score
I just wanted to have the front perfectly level with the rear without installing a complete lift. The ride is so stiff & I can't figure out what this clunking sound from the front end is.
I think the only solution is going to be an extended Fox or king coilover.

troymi

Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right. There are a lot of guys/ladies with a lot of experience. I've got 5100 and 34"+ tires that are great. Maybe something isn't right with your install?

BigTruckGuy

Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right. There are a lot of guys/ladies with a lot of experience. I've got 5100 and 34"+ tires that are great. Maybe something isn't right with your install?
I've had several shops run through it & no answers unfortunately.

BigTruckGuy

Reaction score
If you go that route the extended Fox's with DSC set at 3" are amazing!
View attachment 80128
How much stiffer is it adding the extra inch of preoad or does it come set at 3 in? I noticed that you had the BDS upper control arms as well, I was thinking either those or the icon Delta joint upper control arms, I'm glad to see somebody has the same setup I'm thinking about. Did you have a previous setup before the fox?

BigTruckGuy

Reaction score
How much stiffer is it adding the extra inch of preoad or does it come set at 3 in? I noticed that you had the BDS upper control arms as well, I was thinking either those or the icon Delta joint upper control arms, I'm glad to see somebody has the same setup I'm thinking about. Did you have a previous setup before the fox?
Can you post a side view on a flat surface that way I can see the stance?

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Negligible difference as you can dial in the high and low speed compressions to make the ride cadillac smooth or I want to rattle my teeth. The spring ratio is set up great for 2-3" of lift.

The coilovers come set from Fox at 2" and would have to be adjusted to 3" inches. Fox has made it to where it is advised to adjust them off the vehicle. So, if you want 3" of lift do it before you install them.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have a rattle when going over small quick bumps in the road. Passenger side. Sounds like an old truck that needs suspension work. Anyone have any insight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Check all bolts for proper OEM torque. If that isn't the issue look at the upper control arm and see if it is contacting the spring.

Lastly remove the strut assembly and see if the installer followed this installation note properly about marking the orientation.
Screenshot_20210121-095357.png

Users who are viewing this thread