5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve got the same size and load tire as the rebels do and there is no way I would drive around with the recommended pressure, it’s way too much. I run 45 front and 42 rear and it’s perfect. 50-55 is retarded for an empty truck not hauling or towing anything.

I worry about the tire wear going that low...no judgement, because I’m definitely open to the experience...just curious what your experience has been running that (FYI I run 45 in the back)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t run 55 in the rear of my Cummins powered 2500 unless I was towing or carrying something heavy. On both my previous 2500’s I ran 50 in the front and 45 in the rear, this truck is nowhere near as heavy as the 2500 and running the same size tires. IME 50 in the front and 55 in the rear would make these trucks ride like crap. I have ran an LT 275/70/18 on the last 6 trucks I’ve owned (with the exception of 1 truck that had 20’s) and I’ve never had a tire wear issue with any of them. It doesn’t make any sense to me why Ram put that on the rebels sticker.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t run 55 in the rear of my Cummins powered 2500 unless I was towing or carrying something heavy. On both my previous 2500’s I ran 50 in the front and 45 in the rear, this truck is nowhere near as heavy as the 2500 and running the same size tires. IME 50 in the front and 55 in the rear would make these trucks ride like crap. I have ran an LT 275/70/18 on the last 6 trucks I’ve owned (with the exception of 1 truck that had 20’s) and I’ve never had a tire wear issue with any of them. It doesn’t make any sense to me why Ram put that on the rebels sticker.

What psi did you run with your 18’s?

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am running 45 front 42 rear on my long box ORG Laramie now on Cooper AT3 XLT’s. Only change the pressures when I tow my camper.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well after a thousand or so miles, I can say the truck handles alot better. No more wallowing after undulating bumps in the road like an old Caddy.. but, even on only the 2nd notch, it's definitely a much firmer ride. The wife even commented on it and she usually doesn't notice anything I do to my vehicles. :ROFLMAO:

Bestcoast

Reaction score
Anyone air down a bit for a more softer ride?

What pressure you run depends on the load ratings from the tire manufacturer. My 35” k02’s seem to ride and wear best at 32-35psi in the front and 30-32 in the rear unloaded. Most tire manufacturers have a chart for their tires that will show you the load ratings at different pressures. The other thing to look at is the contact patch of the tire. Google “tire chalk test” to learn how to check to see if you’re running the right pressure.

Zeeya

Reaction score
Anyone have a reliable source for the 5100's. I ordered mine through Realtruck.com 11-28 and looking at a Feb 1 delivery (they hope)

Truckguy

Reaction score
Anyone have a reliable source for the 5100's. I ordered mine through Realtruck.com 11-28 and looking at a Feb 1 delivery (they hope)
Keep a lookout on bilsteinlifts.com. Got mine there and if it shows in stock then it is truly in stock and ships in 2-3 business days. Fastest shipping imo.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Is put yourself on the wait list on Bilstein’s site...they’ll email when they’re back in stock. When they do, order immediately

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have 285/75R18’s on their truck with these Bilsteins? Any trouble with rubbing? I have mine set on clip 5 with off road springs 2020 Rebel.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have 285/75R18’s on their truck with these Bilsteins? Any trouble with rubbing? I have mine set on clip 5 with off road springs 2020 Rebel.

33.8in? You should have plenty of room. I think the stock Duratracs the Rebels come with are 33.4. I have those on my bighorn with just the 5100’s in the front on #5 and stock springs. You’re good to go

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
33.8in? You should have plenty of room. I think the stock Duratracs the Rebels come with are 33.4. I have those on my bighorn with just the 5100’s in the front on #5 and stock springs. You’re good to go

They will measure out to 34.8.

Carl

Reaction score
Hi all,
Getting a clunking noise from either side depending on the which side I hit certain bumps in the road... Any ideas? 2020 Rebel with 5100’s installed at clip #5. Thanks

I'm getting the clunker on grove 3.
but always had the clunk that started not so bad...
all right side. left is perfect..

Carl

Reaction score
Hi all,
Getting a clunking noise from either side depending on the which side I hit certain bumps in the road... Any ideas? 2020 Rebel with 5100’s installed at clip #5. Thanks

thanks for the post. my 2020 1500 night edition does not have the ORP,,,springs and control arms.....I wondered if thats the reason I got the clunk. You just answered that. the Rebel has it all and a clunking it is. I think the body to frame bolts are to long, or the truck didn't sit together right when those mounts were torqued. because its really getting to slapping under the floor...

jdwatson

Reaction score
thanks for the post. my 2020 1500 night edition does not have the ORP,,,springs and control arms.....I wondered if thats the reason I got the clunk. You just answered that. the Rebel has it all and a clunking it is. I think the body to frame bolts are to long, or the truck didn't sit together right when those mounts were torqued. because its really getting to slapping under the floor...
I had a clunk similar to what you describe. Seemingly random clunk from the floor area that just started happening. After looking in the forums, I decided to check my front sway bar links. The driver side seemed to be torqued pretty well, but the one on the passenger side was only a little more than finger tight. I tightened it down and the clunk is gone.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Anyone?

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is going to sound like a newb question...when it comes to tightening the top nuts on should the truck be on a jack or on the ground? I’m pretty sure the answer is on the ground but I want to verify before I do this.

ecke555

Reaction score
Has any one installed the Bilstein 5100`s on clip number 5 with the ORP package? Looking to find out how many total inches of lift I would get . Would it be 2 inches or 3 inches? Would like to add the Rough County upper control arms, but they state for 3 to 3.5 inch lift only.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
5100s on circlip #5 with ORP/Rebel springs is a 2" lift for ORP/Rebel trucks or a 3" lift in standard suspension Rams. I've done several installations. One thing though is it will stiffen up the ride substantially as you are preloading the spring quite a bit.

UCAs are highly recommended.

NorthernArea51

Ram Guru
Reaction score
5100s on circlip #5 with ORP/Rebel springs is a 2" lift for ORP/Rebel trucks or a 3" lift in standard suspension Rams. I've done several installations. One thing though is it will stiffen up the ride substantially as you are preloading the spring quite a bit.

UCAs are highly recommended.

Clip 5 on a standard suspension is a 1.7in lift...no? Or am I reading this wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread