5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bilstein 5100

TangoTango

Reaction score
I installed mine this weekend at the 6th position and went with Nitto ridge grapplers 295/70 18's.

That's the look I'm looking for, nice! How much clearance do you have with the 295/70/18s? Would I be able to not run at setting 5? Thanks!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please go easy on me, I’ve looked through the thread and searched it, and must have missed it - does anyone have the part numbers available for the Mopar UCAs? I’m thinking the Bilsteins, a 1-inch read, and new UCAs are going to be a much more cost effective option than the Mopar lift to get that slightly- more aggressive stance. Thanks!
Right 68323530AA
Left 68323531AA

_mr_white_

Reaction score
Would the Bilstein 5100 front adjustable shock work on a 1500 4x4 #bighorn with a 6 inch lift? I'm trying to get the truck level after lifting??
6e233d8a09771f04ec4c168544b6eada.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Anyone know if this would be an issue with this being cut around my shocks? Didn't even notice the guy did this and now some things look exposed. Could this be an issue with using pressure washer for washing truck now?

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_174624010.jpg
    IMG_20200219_174624010.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 297

Rocko

Reaction score
Anyone know if this would be an issue with this being cut around my shocks? Didn't even notice the guy did this and now some things look exposed. Could this be an issue with using pressure washer for washing truck now?
Why on earth would he cut that out? Really no reason to do that. Shouldn't really hurt anything but maybe let more first up in there. I'd just not power wash with a direct stream at full blast.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I have no idea. Maybe it was a pain for him to get to the too bolt and didn't want to deal with removing it. Might have to get bigger tires sooner to hide the open view now

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I have no idea. Maybe it was a pain for him to get to the too bolt and didn't want to deal with removing it. Might have to get bigger tires sooner to hide the open view now
He should replace them. The material is so flexible there you can bend or pull it out of the way while you remove the three nuts that are located there. You can even get a torque wrench in there rather easily.

Last edited:

Scjon03

Reaction score
Oh man.. Falcon released their shocks for the 5th gen Ram. I have the Bilsteins 5100's in the front and the Rebel shocks in the rear. I really do like the Falcon rear shocks and the adjustable features. I wonder how they compare. I wish you can buy just the rear shocks from Falcon instead of the set.

Stryker6040

Reaction score
Hi all quick question, if swapping out factory shocks for the bilsteins, other than the spring and upper mount what other parts are needed for the swap, my plan is to order some new springs, top mount and all other parts so I can simply do a direct swap without having to disassemble the factory setup.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all quick question, if swapping out factory shocks for the bilsteins, other than the spring and upper mount what other parts are needed for the swap, my plan is to order some new springs, top mount and all other parts so I can simply do a direct swap without having to disassemble the factory setup.
You're going to need the lower spring mount, spring isolator, spring seat isolator, jounce bumper and hex lock nut that attaches the shock to the upper mount and holds the whole assembly together.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
You're going to need the lower spring mount, spring isolator, spring seat isolator, jounce bumper and hex lock nut that attaches the shock to the upper mount and holds the whole assembly together.

The 5100s do come with their own new lock nut.

Last edited:

lawlavigne

Reaction score
They also come with the shock cap ends. Other than that everything that was listed above. Personally I'd save the money and go with the stock setup that the trucks been riding on. Only take a few extra minutes to disassemble and put on the new shocks.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could anyone with the bilstein 5100's OFF their truck do me a huge favor and take a picture with a tape measure, meausuring two things...

Total shock length
and the total length of the lift settings from the bottom setting, to the top and the distance in between each setting? I am trying to figure out something with the mopar lift that may help some of us Fox guys out.

Users who are viewing this thread