5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BIGHORN gets Bilstein 5100’s

Sugar

Reaction score
I have a 21 Laramie 1500 non ORP 4wd.

I believe I am going with Bilstein 5100's up front and Icon 1.5 springs in the back. Anyone running this? or think its a problem?

I should sit like a leveled ORP at the end.
I’m running this but also with a spacer up front. Very happy with the ride. Little rougher at times but it feels good. Also had a Laramie nonorp. Only complaint I have is I get some spring slap from the icon springs. If I knew this I would have gotten some coil sleeves and installed while putting them on.

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
I’m running this but also with a spacer up front. Very happy with the ride. Little rougher at times but it feels good. Also had a Laramie nonorp. Only complaint I have is I get some spring slap from the icon springs. If I knew this I would have gotten some coil sleeves and installed while putting them on.
did you need the front spacer? to much rake? pics of it without the additional front spacer.

I am going 1" or 1.5" spacer in the rear with 2 inch Bilstein's up front. I wont be changing the rear springs.

Sugar

Reaction score
did you need the front spacer? to much rake? pics of it without the additional front spacer.

I am going 1" or 1.5" spacer in the rear with 2 inch Bilstein's up front. I wont be changing the rear springs.
I had purchased the 2” readylift kit with UCAs to use. I essentially was looking to do a 3.5 lift using that kit and bilstein 5100s in front and adding 5100s and icon springs in the rear. I have about 1/2” rake currently. If the truck is sitting the right way it looks slightly nose high at times. I will eventually change out the rear to Clayton 2.5” rear springs instead. I went this route because I like the look more and wanted to run 35” tires. Tires fit well with this setup currently. I also wanted the springs to reduce the sag of the soft factory springs when loaded. The non orp truck did not handle a ton of gravel well 😅

I don’t have any pictures without the spacer in the front. If you look at the fox 2” thread or the bilstein 5100 thread you can find some people who are running similar to you.

I also have 1” and 1.5” rear spacers I’d be willing to sell if you are still looking for some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/