5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Tires on Stock 4x4 Suspension

Bronenosets

Reaction score
I’m also curious if it rubs when the Air Ride is in Off Road 1 or Off Road 2 mode? I’m going to get after market links to level the front which will put it in between the heights of OR1 and OR2 so it’d be sweet if it didn’t rub in those heights so I didn’t have to do any adjustments.

So OR2 does rub a little. But the fix is very easy: rubbing-wheel-well-liner.png liner-zipped-out-of-the-way.png

grinch72

Reaction score
So OR2 does rub a little. But the fix is very easy: View attachment 10932

Question about your levelers.... Did you simply raise the front to level out with the rear or did you raise the truck all around? How hard were they to install and how hard to adjust? I'm guessing you have to adjust each side to take care of any lean. Thanks for the feedback.

Bronenosets

Reaction score
Question about your levelers.... Did you simply raise the front to level out with the rear or did you raise the truck all around? How hard were they to install and how hard to adjust? I'm guessing you have to adjust each side to take care of any lean. Thanks for the feedback.
I just raised the front about 1.5" which requires shortening of the link by about 7mm. I did not swap rear links. They are disgustingly easy to install. I adjusted both links at the same time, before installing.
link-adjustment.png

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
2WD Limited w/ stock air suspension.
KMC XD Snare Wheels 20x9 +18
Nitto Ridge Grappler tires 33x12.5x20

No rubbing and it has room for days! Could easily fit a 35 on there, but I am very happy with the 33s. It settled the ride down a bunch too. Stock the ride was very wallowy. It feels more planted now.
20181218_163624.jpg 20181218_163617.jpg IMG_20181218_165653.jpg

hup5150

Reaction score
Correct. I didn't have a leveling kit or the off-road package or anything like that. Just stock height all the way around.

Since then though, I have gotten a 2" leveling kit from Rough Country. For no other reason then to eliminate the rake. See attached photo for updated picture.

I love the stance with the leveling kit. It's not needed, but if you know a place that can do it or you can do it yourself. For the few bucks it'll cost, definitely worth it in my opinion.
Can you post some more pictures of your truck from the front and back? So we can see how wide the tires are and how much they stick out? you are the only one on here with 285 65 20. So it's very helpful thank you.

hup5150

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Laramie Sport with the Off Road Package. I put on 295/60/20 Ridge Grapplers and they definitely rub when I turn the wheel pretty far. I think a leveling kit would fix that, but I am still trying to figure out what leveling kit works with the off road package as there is so much conflicting information out there right now. Even Ready Lifts website says their kit "works on Rebels" but then states "it doesn't work on trucks that have a factory lift". Such conflicting information because a Rebel (like my off road Laramie) has a factory lift. I attached a picture from Ready Lifts website below. Definitely loving the new Ram though!
How bad did they rub and where exactly? Thx.

hup5150

Reaction score
How bad did they rub and where exactly? Thx.
also did they only rub where you were in your lowest position? Or are you saying they still rubbed when you are in off-road mode?

cordram

Reaction score
I came across these two 2019 1500 limited's, both with Air Suspension. You can see that one has stock 20" wheels, and the other has stock 22" wheels. Both vehicles have Toyo Open Country 35X12.50R20LT. I called and spoke with several people at the dealership to make sure that both vehicles have the 4-corner air suspension. They confirmed they did and that there was no rubbing even when the truck raises and lowers. They did mention that they installed 1/4" wheel spacers on the truck with 22" wheels.
20" Limited
22" Limited

eco2010

Reaction score
Put the same tires on today. Fit well and I did have some slight rubbing at full lock. It is the wheel well shroud near the level adjusters on the air suspension. The shroud is paper thin and I was able to bent the tabs out of the way and no rubbing at any level. I like how they look, but they aren’t quite as smooth.
Is that with or without a leveling kit

shahkg

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum and my first truck ever! Just wanting to make sure...with a dead stock 2019 1500 Laramie 20" wheels, I should have no problem putting on 275/60/20 on it? Would you guys recommend a certain tire if i do 75% highway and 25% 'fun'? Thanks!

AGGIE00

Reaction score
Without. I did level for off-road clearance but not to clear the tires. I’m sure I could have gone with 35s, but I already don’t have enough power and mileage is pitiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online