5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Tires on Stock 4x4 Suspension

cordram

Reaction score
I have the air suspension on mine and the dealer will be installing 33x12.50 Nittos on it, had them in the deal. Looking at the air suspension, it looks like leveling will involve simply shortening the height adjustment rods on the front sensors.
I'll be picking up my 1500 limited today. It has the "off-road group" which comes with the 1" factory suspension lift in addition to the 4 corner air suspension. I'm stepping down from a 2014 2500 Megacab diesel with 20" Fuel wheels and 35" tires so, I'm trying to figure out the largest tire I can fit on the 20" wheel. After having the 2500, the 1500 feels really low but, respect what they've done with the 2019 1500's, and just couldn't pass it up.
Looks like 33's will be no problem. I did see another truck for sale online that had the "off-road group" with stock RAM 20" wheels and Open Country 35X12.50R20's.

Last edited:

cordram

Reaction score
Discount Tire says no because of the offset on that wheel, pushes it out enough to avoid spacing. Also, check the website https://www.customwheeloffset.com/

That site allows you to view very specific options and the owners post and answer if it has stock suspensions, spacers, rubbing or trimming done. Its awesome.
I noticed your truck on that customwheels website. It shows below that those Fuel Assault's have a +1 offset and 5 backspacing. Just wanted to confirm if that was the case due to the above comment about not needing spacing. Wasn't sure if that was something the website added or not?

AGGIE00

Reaction score
I'll be picking up my 1500 limited today. It has the "off-road group" which comes with the 1" factory suspension lift in addition to the 4 corner air suspension. I'm stepping down from a 2014 2500 Megacab diesel with 20" Fuel wheels and 35" tires so, I'm trying to figure out the largest tire I can fit on the 20" wheel. After having the 2500, the 1500 feels really low but, respect what they've done with the 2019 1500's, and just couldn't pass it up.
Looks like 33's will be no problem. I did see another truck for sale online that had the "off-road group" with stock RAM 20" wheels and Open Country 35X12.50R20's.

I’m stepping down from a 2013 mega cab diesel. This is a lot less truck but I do love the ride. Miss the torque of my deleted diesel though

Rubenidas

Reaction score
I have the air suspension on mine and the dealer will be installing 33x12.50 Nittos on it, had them in the deal. Looking at the air suspension, it looks like leveling will involve simply shortening the height adjustment rods on the front sensors.
If you don’t mind showing pictures once it gets done. I also plan on doing this to mines but a bit confused with this 4 corner air suspension

AGGIE00

Reaction score
Hi guys just put tires on my stock limited 4x4 and they fit good but do rub a little when really turning the wheel in a lot. In off-road mode they don’t rub but just thought this could be helpful View attachment 3332 View attachment 3333 View attachment 3334 View attachment 3335 View attachment 3336 View attachment 3337 View attachment 3338
Put the same tires on today. Fit well and I did have some slight rubbing at full lock. It is the wheel well shroud near the level adjusters on the air suspension. The shroud is paper thin and I was able to bent the tabs out of the way and no rubbing at any level. I like how they look, but they aren’t quite as smooth.

BZ23

Reaction score
I noticed your truck on that customwheels website. It shows below that those Fuel Assault's have a +1 offset and 5 backspacing. Just wanted to confirm if that was the case due to the above comment about not needing spacing. Wasn't sure if that was something the website added or not?
the website added. I did not. I figured it was automatic. I did not specify any backspacing or offset.

tex-rangers

Reaction score
It would be great to see what oversize tires people are putting on the new 2019s with stock or off-road suspension. I am guessing 33s will fit without issue (275/60R20), particularly with the off-road package, but it would be great to know for sure, and to see if anyone has gone bigger.

I have a 2019 Ram Laramie Sport with the Off Road Package. I put on 295/60/20 Ridge Grapplers and they definitely rub when I turn the wheel pretty far. I think a leveling kit would fix that, but I am still trying to figure out what leveling kit works with the off road package as there is so much conflicting information out there right now. Even Ready Lifts website says their kit "works on Rebels" but then states "it doesn't work on trucks that have a factory lift". Such conflicting information because a Rebel (like my off road Laramie) has a factory lift. I attached a picture from Ready Lifts website below. Definitely loving the new Ram though!

Attachments

• Ready Lift.jpg
    Ready Lift.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 281

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Laramie Sport with the Off Road Package. I put on 295/60/20 Ridge Grapplers and they definitely rub when I turn the wheel pretty far. I think a leveling kit would fix that, but I am still trying to figure out what leveling kit works with the off road package as there is so much conflicting information out there right now. Even Ready Lifts website says their kit "works on Rebels" but then states "it doesn't work on trucks that have a factory lift". Such conflicting information because a Rebel (like my off road Laramie) has a factory lift. I attached a picture from Ready Lifts website below. Definitely loving the new Ram though!
If you Mounted them on your stock wheel then the rubbing would make sense due to the larger tire mounted on the stock wheel with the stock wheel's offset. If you Have aftermarket wheels what is the offset on them? The offset on my 20 x 9 dropstars 645mb is +18 giving me enough clearance to fit 305/55/20 ridge grapplers on Ram's stock suspension with no Rubbing at full crank. HOWEVER... My Front Tires Rubbed one time when i reversed out of a parking space with a slight declined cranking the wheel all the way with some speed...

Bronenosets

Reaction score
Just put 35 x 12.5 Nitto Ridge grapplers on stock 22" wheels. Stock Limited with Air. Slight rubbing at full lock. Rubs on a protrusion on a plastic cover behind the bumper. I'll be trimming that off.

Limbeck

Reaction score
Just put 35 x 12.5 Nitto Ridge grapplers on stock 22" wheels. Stock Limited with Air. Slight rubbing at full lock. Rubs on a protrusion on a plastic cover behind the bumper. I'll be trimming that off.
Let me know if it’s an easy fix to prevent rubbing. That’s the exact tire I was wanting to get. Also let me know how your MPG changes afterwards.

Bronenosets

Reaction score
Let me know if it’s an easy fix to prevent rubbing. That’s the exact tire I was wanting to get. Also let me know how your MPG changes afterwards.

It looks like an easy fix, but I will know for sure once it iss not so nasty outside (cold and snowy). MPG is hard to gauge, because I am using remote start a lot right now. There seems to be loss of power however, so I am assuming there will be fuel economy hit.

Limbeck

Reaction score
It looks like an easy fix, but I will know for sure once it iss not so nasty outside (cold and snowy). MPG is hard to gauge, because I am using remote start a lot right now. There seems to be loss of power however, so I am assuming there will be fuel economy hit.

I’m also curious if it rubs when the Air Ride is in Off Road 1 or Off Road 2 mode? I’m going to get after market links to level the front which will put it in between the heights of OR1 and OR2 so it’d be sweet if it didn’t rub in those heights so I didn’t have to do any adjustments.

Bronenosets

Reaction score
I’m also curious if it rubs when the Air Ride is in Off Road 1 or Off Road 2 mode? I’m going to get after market links to level the front which will put it in between the heights of OR1 and OR2 so it’d be sweet if it didn’t rub in those heights so I didn’t have to do any adjustments.
OR2 does not rub

Bronenosets

Reaction score
Hell yeah! I’m getting those then. You upload pics of the wheels and tires on your badass truck? I’ll check your profile
It's a salty mess right now :) I'll snap few pics once I get it washed. Winters in Chicago are such a pain. Considering it's not even winter yet, makes it even worse :O

Limbeck

Reaction score
It's a salty mess right now :) I'll snap few pics once I get it washed. Winters in Chicago are such a pain. Considering it's not even winter yet, makes it even worse :O
Lol nice. Ordered my truck yesterday so I’ll have it in two months and gonna put the custom wheels on it day one lol

Bronenosets

Reaction score
Hell yeah! I’m getting those then. You upload pics of the wheels and tires on your badass truck? I’ll check your profile
Finally got some picrures done.

Finally took some pictures of the truck. leveled-truck-35-front-side.jpg truck-front.jpg truck-back.jpg truck-side.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online