5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best tuner for 2019 Ram 1500

jake

Reaction score
Any real world data on Pulsar fuel economy at about 65-70 mph on road trip in economy mode with 3.21 rear ratio? Not computer mileage, gals into miles on calculator. Wind info also helpful. Thanks.

SColang22

Reaction score
Any real world data on Pulsar fuel economy at about 65-70 mph on road trip in economy mode with 3.21 rear ratio? Not computer mileage, gals into miles on calculator. Wind info also helpful. Thanks.
I’m getting around 18-20 highway running 35’s though

SColang22

Reaction score
I have 35s and MDS kicks in all the time. The pulsar is okay but I’m fairly sure it only adds throttle response. I don’t see much of a shift point change by changing tire size with the pulsar. Also I did multiple GPS speedos before and after the tire change and the speedo read the same. Idk why it did but it did.

RAMBS

Reaction score
Still waiting on some hard data before I pull the trigger on this one, awful tempting though.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the economy mode still get better throttle response then stock? Or do you really need to keep it in performance mode

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the economy mode still get better throttle response then stock? Or do you really need to keep it in performance mode
No. It's "worse". It takes the light throttle region of operation and spreads it out over a longer travel of the pedal. This makes it really easy to keep MDS/ECO engaged at <2000 rpm. It will still give you full throttle on the floor.

As far as the responsiveness vs settings go, the modes are:

Economy - 3,4 - lazy
Stock - 1,2 - stock
Tow - 5,6 - moderate
Performance - 7,8 - agressive

Rob3989

Reaction score
I’m only getting 11 mpg on my 35s with 3.92s and stock tune which i think is pretty bad considering I drive about 500-1000 miles a week. Would be awesome if it helped out.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I get my Tazer DT installed this week, I'll record some 0-60 runs. Someone else reported a quicker 0-60. We'll see.

Caseman207

Reaction score
I've searched the forum and hadn't seen this discussed anywhere yet so forgive me if I missed a thread. Anyone have any opinions/experience on a good tuner for the 2019 Ram 1500? I'm looking to get one for my new truck before too long in order to turn off the MDS. I've seen some reviews on the Diablo and it looks nice but was curious of other opinions.
Just installed my Diablosport pulsar last week...WOW!!! Worth every penny!!! Really wakes up the Ram!!!

Caseman207

Reaction score
I have 35s and MDS kicks in all the time. The pulsar is okay but I’m fairly sure it only adds throttle response. I don’t see much of a shift point change by changing tire size with the pulsar. Also I did multiple GPS speedos before and after the tire change and the speedo read the same. Idk why it did but it did.
Same Here, totally surprised me and love the way I can change it the tune while driving.
No complaints here! I was getting high 15 low 16 for mpg... now I get high 16 low 17 in performance mds off and 21 in economy mds off. Love it! Gotta admit though...it stay in performance mds off most of the time!

Phoon

Reaction score
No complaints here! I was getting high 15 low 16 for mpg... now I get high 16 low 17 in performance mds off and 21 in economy mds off. Love it! Gotta admit though...it stay in performance mds off most of the time!
does the pulsar change the full throttle shifts? I like the smooth shifts at part throttle but this zf trans can snap off upshifts much faster than the factory tune does.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a link to the Pulsar before and after dyno pull video if anyone is interested.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
does the pulsar change the full throttle shifts? I like the smooth shifts at part throttle but this zf trans can snap off upshifts much faster than the factory tune does.
Interested in this as well. The upshifts are wicked in our Durango R/T 8spd in factory sport mode. Really loud BLAAAAP between shifts and it puts you back a little.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread