5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Very disappointing to hear. Did you have leather separation issues like folks had on the RAM?
My Ram was delam, They put in a new dash. My Grand Cherokee was allowed to leave the factory looking like this for over 70K. The Feds should come down hard on them. Jeep Forum is full of this stuff. One would expect this is the 1970's and early 1980's. Jeep needs to recall Grand Cherokee and Wagoneers, the piano black all over the place will scratch with you passing your ball finger skin over it. That is all it takes. I know lawsuits will come at some point. New stuff is not selling in quantity. Nothing improved at FCA.
You can see the bunched leather on the 3 O'Clock position. Their is dust on the screen, that is how it was delivered to me.
On a positive note I added MGP Caliper Covers to my wheels.

Attachments

• HUD.jpg
    HUD.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 91
  • MGP.jpg
    MGP.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My Ram was delam, They put in a new dash. My Grand Cherokee was allowed to leave the factory looking like this for over 70K. The Feds should come down hard on them. Jeep Forum is full of this stuff. One would expect this is the 1970's and early 1980's. Jeep needs to recall Grand Cherokee and Wagoneers, the piano black all over the place will scratch with you passing your ball finger skin over it. That is all it takes. I know lawsuits will come at some point. New stuff is not selling in quantity. Nothing improved at FCA.
You can see the bunched leather on the 3 O'Clock position. Their is dust on the screen, that is how it was delivered to me.
On a positive note I added MGP Caliper Covers to my wheels.
looks like dealer prep is to blame

tech97elec

Reaction score
As mentioned by securityguy and GregHBNA it's an authentic MOPAR plan and accepted at all CDJR dealerships.

I've already used it and no issues (I have the 7 years | unlimited miles | $100 deductible that I bought through Zeigler). When the service department looks up your VIN in their computer your MOPAR ESP is there for them to see in all its glory. 😉
Exactly. All you just said.

I have same warranty and when i called Ram asking how Zeigler compares.... they said its the same thing and couldnt match Zeigler direct price which was 500.00 less for unlimited with $100 deductible per visit, not per repairs.

cookem

Reaction score
Two weeks ago I bought from Ziegler a Maxcare( WMT8125N) 8 yr/125K $200. ded for my 2022 Grand Cherokee Overland L, (used "PAYINFULL" saved $350.) My cost was 2340.00.
I also got for free. No Cost........
JEEP WAVE PREMIUM OWNER LOYALTY PROGRAM - 3 YEAR MAINTENANCE BASE PLAN
(Option Code: WAV21SYN)
This was my 5th. time purchasing from Ziegler.
How did u get the free jeep wave?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did u get the free jeep wave?
I believe it came with the maxcare.
Jeep Wave is free on Jeep vehicles:

New 2022 Jeep® Grand Cherokee​

Standard on all New Grand Cherokee vehicles

2022 Jeep® Compass​

Standard on all Compass vehicles

2022 Jeep® Wrangler 4xe​

Standard on all Wrangler 4xe vehicles

2022 Jeep® Wrangler​

Standard on all Wrangler vehicles

2022 Jeep® Gladiator​

Standard on all Gladiator vehicles

2022 Jeep® Renegade​

Standard on all Renegade vehicles

2022 Jeep® Grand Cherokee WK​

Standard on all Grand Cherokee vehicles

Bluesurf

Reaction score

2022 Jeep® Compass​

2022 Jeep® Wrangler 4xe​

2022 Jeep® Wrangler​

2022 Jeep® Gladiator​

2022 Jeep® Renegade​

Ok, that is a real answer. I use fully synthetic so I won't getting any oil changes from Jeep. I've taken all my vehicles to PepBoys for oil changes. I use Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic, they always have a coupon on line. For example right now all oil changes are 25% off. I've been using them for 13 years and never a complaint. My local dealership looks like Grand Central Station on rush hour Monday. It is insane, they are down town Houston. Even the dealer near me is so booked up. The reason being all new vehicles have problems. My new 70K Overland now has 490 miles on it and it sat in the dealership got 2 weeks getting a new leather dashboard. The first one they got had two puncture holes in the box. My dash at the heads up display has the leather all twisted when the original install was done. How could stuff this bad make it past the "inspection" ? I realize there is NO inspections.

cookem

Reaction score

2022 Jeep® Compass​

2022 Jeep® Wrangler 4xe​

2022 Jeep® Wrangler​

2022 Jeep® Gladiator​

2022 Jeep® Renegade​

Jeep Wave is included but only 2 oil change/tire rotations.....A 3 year maintenance plan was mentioned as included with the Zeigler warranty for free

That was what I was curious how that was obtained for free.

U

User_3336

Jeep Wave is included but only 2 oil change/tire rotations.....A 3 year maintenance plan was mentioned as included with the Zeigler warranty for free

I could clarify this with Zeigler.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Jeep Wave used to be a 2-year program that included 2 oil changes/tire rotations per year

Starting with 2021 MY they changed the program to 3 years with 1 oil change/tire rotation per year

lebnan60

Reaction score
This thread has been extremely helpful! I bought a used '19 RAM Rebel this past fall and after months of getting the MOPAR emails decided to get a protection plan. Called the official number and got a quote for around $2900 for the max coverage, 4yr, 48kmiles with a $200 deductible. After finding this forum, I looked at the two links with Ziegler being the best option after the payinfull promo. It got me to $2330 for the same offering. The only negative, I needed to go to the dealer and for an official inspection since it was past the original bumper to bumper warranty.

I ended up going to a local one and they actually quoted me $2300 for the warranty! I was a bit surprised considering everyone else's experience with their local dealers. The dealer didn't require an inspection and I was able to do a payment plan with $0 down. I did have to pay tax of $150, so it ended up being more than Ziegler would have been, but I saved at least $70 on an inspection and got to spread out the payments, so in the end it was worth it for me.

Appreciate all of the insight from this thread.

U

User_3336

This thread has been extremely helpful! I bought a used '19 RAM Rebel this past fall and after months of getting the MOPAR emails decided to get a protection plan. Called the official number and got a quote for around $2900 for the max coverage, 4yr, 48kmiles with a $200 deductible. After finding this forum, I looked at the two links with Ziegler being the best option after the payinfull promo. It got me to $2330 for the same offering. The only negative, I needed to go to the dealer and for an official inspection since it was past the original bumper to bumper warranty.

I ended up going to a local one and they actually quoted me $2300 for the warranty! I was a bit surprised considering everyone else's experience with their local dealers. The dealer didn't require an inspection and I was able to do a payment plan with $0 down. I did have to pay tax of $150, so it ended up being more than Ziegler would have been, but I saved at least $70 on an inspection and got to spread out the payments, so in the end it was worth it for me.

Appreciate all of the insight from this thread.
Interesting. And the "local one" sold you the Mopar ESP? (or a third party one?) was this "local one" a RAM Dealer?
The "inspection" is pretty much a requirement of FCA on an Mopar ESP after btb warranty. I'd be leary of a dealer selling you one without doing the inspection. You might find that backfiring on you when you need to file a claim, FCA refuses the claim, and the dealer charges it back to you....When the supporting inspection paperwork isn't there.

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_3336

I downloaded the form from the Zeigler website. I'd say its up to you if you feel comfortable WITHOUT a vehicle inspection.....

Attachments

• vehinspect.pdf
    967.9 KB · Views: 6

bronco44

Reaction score
The dealer convinced me into buying the Mopar MaxCare from them but I'm struggling to understand what I actually bought and hoping to get some clarification on if I was ripped off or not:
  1. Maximum Care 5 year / 60k miles (WMT560N) - $1k with $200 ded
  2. Scheduled Maintenance Care 5 year / 50k miles (SYNM550) - $1k with $0 ded
  3. MVP MultiCare 5 year - $500
I can't find any info on what #2 actually is or covers. My best guess is it's oil changes which if that's true, I severely got ripped off there.

Is $2500 for the above 3 things a good deal or should I cancel it?

U

User_3336

The dealer convinced me into buying the Mopar MaxCare from them but I'm struggling to understand what I actually bought and hoping to get some clarification on if I was ripped off or not:
  1. Maximum Care 5 year / 60k miles (WMT560N) - $1k with $200 ded
  2. Scheduled Maintenance Care 5 year / 50k miles (SYNM550) - $1k with $0 ded
  3. MVP MultiCare 5 year - $500
I can't find any info on what #2 actually is or covers. My best guess is it's oil changes which if that's true, I severely got ripped off there.

Is $2500 for the above 3 things a good deal or should I cancel it?
Here is a comparison to ZEIGLER.

1. Zeigler quotes $675 for this package, after using the promo code "PAYINFULL", so you could have gotten it $325 cheaper there.

2. Maintenance plans are hard to price online. You'd have to know the internals for the 5/50K plan. Every 5,000 miles??? Every 10,000 miles... You need to know how many oil changes TOTAL you are getting, then divide that by the cost. that would net you the cost of each one.

3. MVP Multicare could cover several items. Which item specifically does your paperwork state it covers?
Tire&Wheel, Paintless Dent Repair, Windshield Repair. WHAT IS THE PLAN CODE (example RHTW5N) and what was the years coverage limit?

For one, you're overpaying on the Mopar ESP (when you can get it cheaper @ Zeigler)
Not sure about the oil package, needs more input.
MVP needs more input to decide price and the package.

bronco44

Reaction score
Here is a comparison to ZEIGLER.

1. Zeigler quotes $675 for this package, after using the promo code "PAYINFULL", so you could have gotten it $325 cheaper there.

2. Maintenance plans are hard to price online. You'd have to know the internals for the 5/50K plan. Every 5,000 miles??? Every 10,000 miles... You need to know how many oil changes TOTAL you are getting, then divide that by the cost. that would net you the cost of each one.

3. MVP Multicare could cover several items. Which item specifically does your paperwork state it covers?
Tire&Wheel, Paintless Dent Repair, Windshield Repair. WHAT IS THE PLAN CODE (example RHTW5N) and what was the years coverage limit?

For one, you're overpaying on the Mopar ESP (when you can get it cheaper @ Zeigler)
Not sure about the oil package, needs more input.
MVP needs more input to decide price and the package.
1. That's what I was afraid of. I did the same thing on Zeiglers website but wasn't sure if I did it right. Thank you

2. I don't see anything in the paperwork that outlines what the terms are. Maybe I'll go to the dealer and ask.
I work from home and rarely drive so at most I'll probably get 2 oil changes a year and that'd be because of the "6 month rule". So that's 10 oil changes in 5 years = $100 each. Looking at my dealer, they offer oil changes for ~$60. So at least another $400 wasted here.

3. It's the MVP MultiCare Ultimate, which covers Tires & Wheel, Cosmetic Wheel, Paintless Dent Repair, Windshield Repair, Vehicle Key, and Roadside Assistance. The only type of code I see is "PREMSU5" but I don't think that's the right one. The only coverage limit I see is "60 Months", nothing about miles on the paperwork.

At any rate, it looks like I overpaid by at least $725. So will plan on making a trip to the dealer this week to cancel it. Thank you!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Bronco,
You say, "I work from home and rarely drive so at most I'll probably get 2 oil changes a year and that'd be because of the "6 month rule". " I've never heard of a 6 month rule. All my Ram trucks' rules have been xxxxx miles or 12 months. I'm a very low mileage owner so do changes every 12 mos to comply with my warranty and extended warranties

bronco44

Reaction score
Bronco,
You say, "I work from home and rarely drive so at most I'll probably get 2 oil changes a year and that'd be because of the "6 month rule". " I've never heard of a 6 month rule. All my Ram trucks' rules have been xxxxx miles or 12 months. I'm a very low mileage owner so do changes every 12 mos to comply with my warranty and extended warranties
Oh that's news to me. I was just assuming it was the same as my previous vehicle which was every 6 months or 6k miles. If that's the case then that's $200 per oil change which is an even bigger rip off and definitely means I should cancel it.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Oh that's news to me. I was just assuming it was the same as my previous vehicle which was every 6 months or 6k miles. If that's the case then that's $200 per oil change which is an even bigger rip off and definitely means I should cancel it.
Your owner manual will tell you the requirements. Suggest you verify before you cancel, just in case your specs are different than mine.

U

User_3336

1. That's what I was afraid of. I did the same thing on Zeiglers website but wasn't sure if I did it right. Thank you

2. I don't see anything in the paperwork that outlines what the terms are. Maybe I'll go to the dealer and ask.
I work from home and rarely drive so at most I'll probably get 2 oil changes a year and that'd be because of the "6 month rule". So that's 10 oil changes in 5 years = $100 each. Looking at my dealer, they offer oil changes for ~$60. So at least another $400 wasted here.

3. It's the MVP MultiCare Ultimate, which covers Tires & Wheel, Cosmetic Wheel, Paintless Dent Repair, Windshield Repair, Vehicle Key, and Roadside Assistance. The only type of code I see is "PREMSU5" but I don't think that's the right one. The only coverage limit I see is "60 Months", nothing about miles on the paperwork.

At any rate, it looks like I overpaid by at least $725. So will plan on making a trip to the dealer this week to cancel it. Thank you!
If I was you, I'd just cancel the plans the dealer sold you (if you can without penalty). Obviously, the MOPAR ESP can be had for less (Zeigler - - use the promo code "PAYINFULL".)

Dealers almost ALWAYS have coupons available. If you signed up on the Mopar Owners Center, there are always oil change coupons available (The last one I remember was 3 full synthetic oil changes for $145).
I am not sure maintenance packages are refundable if they aren't used either (ESP's are).

I'll double check on the MVP Multicare, now that you stated what you got. You're right, its by years. $500 seems about right for that.

Summary. You're obviously overpaying for the ESP and the Maintenance. I'd cancel it if you can, and buy elsewhere. You can email [email protected] if you have questions about his offerings and pricing. He usually has the best pricing.

Users who are viewing this thread