5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

U

User_3336

There's nothing flawed in my comparisons. I left the mileage data off because you wanted price comparisons. Didn't think you were going to nitpick my reply. Att is a chart from Joe Tapor about mileages and has a circle of the mileage I picked.

By the way, you are wrong to say, "because ESP's can be selected anywhere from 5 to 8 years from 60,000 to 125,000 miles". That is true of the first ESP, but I reported this was my second ESP which is more restrictive and does not offer 8 years from 60,000 to 125,000 miles.
Well, ummm, I certainly wasn't nitpicking. Why post comparisons when you didn't provide all the information TO MAKE A COMPARISON? Mileage term is certainly an important factor when you buy an ESP, you sure as to heck can't get a quote on a Mopar ESP without the mileage.

My brain is tired trying to analyze your comparisons. Surely your quote was different because of the mileage you started with, and honestly, I can't even reproduce a quote for that amount anywhere, so we really can't GO BACK and compare it to any quote you'd generate today. So, if you're saying they were SOOOO much cheaper than Zeigler AT THE TIME, then . . well umm.

SOOO, lets do a CURRENT day quote.
Lets take a 2022 Ram 1500, Still under 12,000 miles (stated 10,000), and still under 12 months (big criteria there). Lets chose your popular Added Care Plus Plan, 5 years like you stated, 75,000 miles, and a big $200 deductible.
Lets see, Chrysler Warranty Direct was one of your comparisons. Lets use them, since they are online, and have an online configurator!
HMMMMM, well what do we see here? CWD is actually higher, by $150 ! !
Zeigler quoted $615.
CWD quoted $765
ChryslerFactoryWarranty quoted $1605, so I just stopped right there.
chryslerwarrantys was $751 (even the one you showed the post on).

HMMMM, who's been the best price so far? Zeigler??

compare1.jpg quote2.jpg quote3.jpg

So, ***Currently***, you can see that Zeigler is pretty much cheaper than any other "online" retailer.

At the time, maybe WINKIE did have a better quote, but even at that, your quote was in the $2,000 range, which meant you had restrictions in mileage, and year restriction. Did you already have 25,800 miles on that vehicle when you purchased the Mopar ESP??

But for current buyers of a Mopar ESP with newer trucks, its far easier to quote, and surely cheaper.

I think I'll request the same quote for the ones I posted from WINKIE tomorrow. We'll see how he compares.

Anything else you want to counter post on?

Last edited by a moderator:

John Jensen

Reaction score
My comparisons were all for the same product the same mileage the same everything. They were apples to apples but you try to make them apples to oranges. I'm convinced you can find the fly specks in pepper. You've accused me of being crap, dirty, rambling, etc. You make things up, like I said, "saying they were SOOOO much cheaper than Zeigler". I never said that, I said they were better than Ziegler. I also said Ziegler may be cheaper with their current discount. I've answered all of your questions. I've had enough.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. I do know this is not benefiting anyone except maybe your ego. I'm done responding to you. Have a nice day.

Edit:
Here's a perfect example of you turning my apples into oranges. Because you can't duplicate my case you want to:
"Lets take a 2022 Ram 1500, Still under 12,000 miles (stated 10,000), and still under 12 months (big criteria there). Lets chose your popular Added Care Plus Plan, 5 years like you stated, 75,000 miles, and a big $200 deductible."

My truck is out of the 36,000 mile factory warranty. My 7 year ESP was expiring in March. I was shopping for the SECOND ESP.

If you want to try to prove a point, don't change the conditions, stay with the subject at hand. Don't spin my case to fit your goal.
I'd bet a nickel that Ziegler wouldn't or couldn't give you info on a second ESP

Last edited:
U

User_3336

My comparisons were all for the same product the same mileage the same everything. They were apples to apples but you try to make them apples to oranges. I'm convinced you can find the fly specks in pepper. You've accused me of being crap, dirty, rambling, etc. You make things up, like I said, "saying they were SOOOO much cheaper than Zeigler". I never said that, I said they were better than Ziegler. I also said Ziegler may be cheaper with their current discount. I've answered all of your questions. I've had enough.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. I do know this is not benefiting anyone except maybe your ego. I'm done responding to you. Have a nice day.
Well, depends on how you look at it. Maybe apples to applies (as far at the actual Mopar ESP is concerned),
but definitely apples to oranges when compared to your situation (vehicle and ESP). Your ESP quote was a little different than most people just wanting one for the RAM they just purchased. From what you've said in your previous posts, you had a 2016 1500 Ecodiesel, with 25,800 miles on it (according to your quote details). Yeah, that's going to be a little more complicated and a bit more expensive.
Also, you didn't even include the quote # for Zeigler in your comparison you quoted, or even state WHAT you ended up paying (wasn't it with Winkie?)
I'm not really trying to accomplish anything. I'm just trying understand your statement, and analyze your quotes (although its hard to analyze quotes from Feb '23, and your particular situation).
I did want to prove that Zeigler was cheaper, and I suggested that they'd be hard to beat.
If you're done responding, I suggest blocking or or /ignore me if you don't want to read further posts.

U

User_3336

Here's my most recent data purchasing a second ESP for my 2016 1500 Ecodiesel. I got 7 quotes, here are the top four, each had pricing better than Ziegler. I only keep the relevant quotes, the 3 lowest were deleted. They all offer whatever Maxcare level you want for up to 5 years. I went with the Added Care Plus

02/27/2023
1 - Tom Winkels, Hayes Jeep, 269-385-1116, 5yr 200.00 deductible $2135.00
2 - Victor Riedman, Mopar MaxCare, 765-222-1356, 5yr 200.00 deductable $2195.00
3 - Joe Topor, Chrysler Warrantys, 888-918-9840, 5yr 200.00 deductible $2272.00
4 - Jason Edmundson, Chrysler Warranty Direct, 517-662-0400, 5yr 200.00 deductible $2555.00
Ok, you want apples to apples, I went back and did one. Hell, I didn't even realize the online configurator would even give a quote on that. Of course, it needed a vehicle inspection due to the date and miles. Turns out Zeigler is $15 cheaper (now, 4/23/23) @ $2120. Plan code UAP5752N, You didn't include the price you Zeigler quoted you on 2/27/23 so we don't have anything to compare to then. Just stating the facts current day, might have been different on 2/27 (but highly unlikely)

Did I miss anything in the quote?

16quote.jpg

John Jensen

Reaction score
Well, depends on how you look at it. Maybe apples to applies (as far at the actual Mopar ESP is concerned),
but definitely apples to oranges when compared to your situation (vehicle and ESP). Your ESP quote was a little different than most people just wanting one for the RAM they just purchased. From what you've said in your previous posts, you had a 2016 1500 Ecodiesel, with 25,800 miles on it (according to your quote details). Yeah, that's going to be a little more complicated and a bit more expensive.
Also, you didn't even include the quote # for Zeigler in your comparison you quoted, or even state WHAT you ended up paying (wasn't it with Winkie?)
No Ziegler amount because I deleted the bottom three posts, Ziegler was ranked #5
No reason to keep junk mail
You need to reread my #558 post. it shows exactly what I paid Winkle

I'm not really trying to accomplish anything. I'm just trying understand your statement, and analyze your quotes (although its hard to analyze quotes from Feb '23, and your particular situation).
It was easy for me to analyze, look at all the quotes and pick the best one
I did want to prove that Zeigler was cheaper, and I suggested that they'd be hard to beat.
If you're done responding, I suggest blocking or or /ignore me if you don't want to read further posts.
Again, you misread. I didn't say I don't want to read further posts. I said I'm done responding to you

Morenar

Reaction score
Question for you all. I receive a quote from Zeigler and then called my local dealer up to see what they offer. They gave a much higher quote with a $0 deducible and when I asked if this was a Mopar Vehicle Protection warranty, he said no it was Fidelity which is the only one they sell. If I go with the MVP warranty with Zeigler. Can my dealer deny my extended warranty claims and not work on my vehicle because they don't sell Mopar Vehicle protection?

Sorry, almost forgot. The Fidelity extends it 6 years more and 70,000 mile more from the start of the contract. I believe with Ziegler\MVP it starts from when the vehicle was purchased. So you truly only get 3 more years and not 6.

Last edited:

RamOrGoat

Reaction score
Easy Care TotalCare vs Mopar Max Care:
I have a 2020 CPO Ram 1500 that I just bought. The dealer wrote me a policy for EasyCare MaxCare. I have since called Zeigler about a Max Care plan and received some incredible quotes.

My dealer will now either :
1) give me cash back on the EasyCare plan to be price competitive with the Mopar quote. They are also sweetening the EasyCare deal with an extra year of coverage.
2) write me a Mopar plan to match the Zeigler quote.

The dealer says advantages of EasyCare include road hazard tire/wheel repair/replacement, being able to get repair at non-mopar shops, and a prorated refund if I sell the truck early. The road hazard isn't a big deal because the next tires I buy will have road hazard. I'll also only take the truck to a mopar shop anyways, so I'm not too interested in the flexibility of the repair shop. The prorated refund does seem like a nice perk though.

Anythoughts on Mopar Max Care vs EasyCare TotalCare? How do I go about researching this?

U

User_3336

Easy Care TotalCare vs Mopar Max Care:
I have a 2020 CPO Ram 1500 that I just bought. The dealer wrote me a policy for EasyCare MaxCare. I have since called Zeigler about a Max Care plan and received some incredible quotes.

My dealer will now either :
1) give me cash back on the EasyCare plan to be price competitive with the Mopar quote. They are also sweetening the EasyCare deal with an extra year of coverage.
2) write me a Mopar plan to match the Zeigler quote.

The dealer says advantages of EasyCare include road hazard tire/wheel repair/replacement, being able to get repair at non-mopar shops, and a prorated refund if I sell the truck early. The road hazard isn't a big deal because the next tires I buy will have road hazard. I'll also only take the truck to a mopar shop anyways, so I'm not too interested in the flexibility of the repair shop. The prorated refund does seem like a nice perk though.

Anythoughts on Mopar Max Care vs EasyCare TotalCare? How do I go about researching this?
I'd go with the factory plan, the Mopar Max Care. Never have been much of a fan of third party warranties.
MOPAR will give you a pro-rated refund if you sell/trade the truck as well. in fact, its a 100% money back within 60 days if you haven't filed any claims against it..
Zeigler still has the promo code "PAYINFULL" that will take $365 off the listed internet price if you didn't already know.

mynameisante

Reaction score
I have lifetime powertrain warranty. Does this extended warranty cover the rest?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do you have lifetime powertrain? The only time I know of that, was 2009, for that year only.

No such thing as a 5th generation Mopar lifetime, he must have an aftermarket lifetime

You could get a Mopar lifetime powertrain warranty through some dealers on 5th gens. I haven't seen them in a while but they do/did exist but they were dealer sold and required owners to follow a strict scheduled maintenance interval

Mopar themselves disco'd them in 2018

Many here still have a Lifetime MaxCare warranty, I believe I read that @SpeedyV has one. The best you can get now is the 7 year maxcare unlimited mileage from mopar

djants

Reaction score
So I have RC 2" level struts, am I screwed out of warranty?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could get a Mopar lifetime powertrain warranty through some dealers on 5th gens. I haven't seen them in a while but they do/did exist but they were dealer sold and required owners to follow a strict scheduled maintenance interval

Many here still have a Lifetime MaxCare warranty, I believe I read that @SpeedyV has one. The best you can get now is the 7 year maxcare unlimited mileage from mopar
Correct - Lifetime MaxCare for me. I purchased it in the fall of 2018, shortly before they were discontinued (and just a couple of months after taking delivery of my ‘19).

BowDown

Reaction score
Correct - Lifetime MaxCare for me. I purchased it in the fall of 2018, shortly before they were discontinued (and just a couple of months after taking delivery of my ‘19).

No reason to ever sell that truck, it'll never cost you a dime

6of36

Reaction score
So I have RC 2" level struts, am I screwed out of warranty?
Only on things in the suspension effected by them. They could deny control arms, tie rods, ball joints. Maybe front driveshafts. The rest of the truck is not effected.

mynameisante

Reaction score
How do you have lifetime powertrain? The only time I know of that, was 2009, for that year only.
The CDJR dealer I bought my truck from gives lifetime full powertrain warranties for ALL used CDJR vehicles that were purchased with less than 100k miles on them

John Jensen

Reaction score

I read what you posted and nowhere does it say Mopar. What makes you say it's a Mopar Lifetime?

Users who are viewing this thread