5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can I wait to purchase max care? Like right before factory warranty expires? New ram owner here...not sure how it works. Thanks
You can. However, your current mileage at the time of purchase impacts pricing and, the longer you wait, there are also yearly price increases. If you know you want it, and plan on keeping the truck, I strongly recommend you buy it sooner than later.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I wait to purchase max care? Like right before factory warranty expires? New ram owner here...not sure how it works. Thanks

You can. However, your current mileage at the time of purchase impacts pricing and, the longer you wait, there are also yearly price increases. If you know you want it, and plan on keeping the truck, I strongly recommend you buy it sooner than later.

If you play with the online quote calculator it seems it changes once you hit 12 moths/12000 miles. So anytime between new and that mark stays the same.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
The longer you wait the more expensive Maxcare becomes. Usually the buyer will sing a new song and go with the cheaper coverage or a 3rd party brand.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You have to buy before 3 years or 36K miles (whichever comes first). There is a price increase if you buy after 12K miles and another one if you wait until after 24K miles.

No matter when you buy the extended warranty it is effective from the date you bought the truck. The only benefit to waiting is based on your availability of funds.

If you wait until your basic (bumper-to-bumper) warranty expires then the service contract starts the date of purchase...but it will be more expensive.

Unless there is a price increase which will, most likely, happen by mid-2021.
There's usually a price spike during the year and settles down a bit after a few months.

baccigalup

Reaction score
You have to buy before 3 years or 36K miles (whichever comes first). There is a price increase if you buy after 12K miles and another one if you wait until after 24K miles.

No matter when you buy the extended warranty it is effective from the date you bought the truck. The only benefit to waiting is based on your availability of funds.

If you wait until your basic (bumper-to-bumper) warranty expires then the service contract starts the date of purchase...but it will be more expensive.

There's usually a price spike during the year and settles down a bit after a few months.
Honestly the bigger reason i am waiting is to see how much i like the truck to want to keep it over 3 years and how reliable it is. Jury is out on these yet...my nephew has a 2019 rebel and just had a major electrical malfunction. If i wind up in the shop too much i wont waste my money on a warranty ...prorated or not.

rondog69

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the wheels and interior option on Ziegler? If you have is it worth it?

Magtire

Reaction score
I look at that stuff as a huge waste of money, but that's just me.
I purchased the tire and rim warranty and my wife already kissed the curb on 2 rims and picked up a nail 😒. The dealer repaired the tire, but the rim's is another question. They have a 3rd party that determines if rim can be repaired or need to be replaced. What I was told was if rim is cracked they would replace but for curb rash that can be cosmetically repaired they will repair rim. The dealer I use only have the person available for making that determination on Thursday's. Will update after this Thursday, but I feel the damage won't warrant rim replacement.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I purchased the tire and rim warranty and my wife already kissed the curb on 2 rims and picked up a nail 😒. The dealer repaired the tire, but the rim's is another question. They have a 3rd party that determines if rim can be repaired or need to be replaced. What I was told was if rim is cracked they would replace but for curb rash that can be cosmetically repaired they will repair rim. The dealer I use only have the person available for making that determination on Thursday's. Will update after this Thursday, but I feel the damage won't warrant rim replacement.
Sounds like your wife needs driving lessons😂

djants

Reaction score
After purchasing a warranty, any you service your car at a dealership/need replacement parts, how does that transaction work? Do you show the service center at the dealership that you have a outside warranty?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Your warranty is loaded into the FCA computer system and all dealers nationwide can see it automatically. Only for Mopar warranties and not third party.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wouldn’t buy anything but Max Care, but that’s just me as I like full bumper to bumper coverage.

Even the full MaxCare is not a true “bumper to bumper.” There is stuff in there it doesn’t cover that the factory bumper to bumper does. Keep in mind these Mopar “extended warranties” are not really warranties at all, they’re service contracts for a defined period of time/mileage.
That said, the MaxCare does cover the most stuff out of all of them.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Even the full MaxCare is not a true “bumper to bumper.” There is stuff in there it doesn’t cover that the factory bumper to bumper does. Keep in mind these Mopar “extended warranties” are not really warranties at all, they’re service contracts for a defined period of time/mileage.
You’re getting a bit far into the weeds my friend. Warranty...Service Contract...same thing really and it is the closest you’ll come to bumper to bumper coverage. Call it what makes you feel best😉

RJS

Reaction score
That is true about the service contract not warranty but the service contract does cover keys and fobs up to $600 and provides a rental car for quite a period that the original doesn't. It is not quite as comprehensive as the original warranty as you said however.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’re getting a bit far into the weeds my friend. Warranty...Service Contract...same thing really and it is the closest you’ll come to bumper to bumper coverage. Call it what makes you feel best😉

I put that on here simply because I had talked to the Zeigler folks on the phone asking very specific questions about what was covered, and there were some surprising things that weren’t covered. For example, the LED headlight/taillight assemblies... fully covered under the factory warranty but under the Mopar extended warranty, there were very specific conditions under which they were covered, otherwise they weren’t. Those are $800 puppies... I found that kind of important to know.

Users who are viewing this thread