5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used the top 3 in that list when I shopped for my maxcare lifetime warranty on both of my jeeps. I wouldn't go with any other warranty than the maxcare. Just before I sold my '14 JGC I cancelled the warranty and got about $1400 back. Now with my current one I can cancel it and get a $3000 rebate on the purchase of my new truck

Ziegler
Clay Robbins
Tom Winkels

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am starting to look into switching from my extended warranty with CNA to a Mopar one. Seems Ziegler is the best on pricing so far. I am sure this has been addressed but I haven't found it so maybe some extended warranty experts could chime in.
1.) I assume if I level my truck anything requiring repair that was altered or impacted by the leveling struts won't be covered.
2.) Does the Mopar warranty require annual inspections to be performed on the truck to keep the warranty intact?
3.) Lets hear preferences on $100 to $200 deductible. For the 8yr/125k plan it increases my price $530 to do a $200 deductible. Not a huge savings, but will I actually use the warranty 3 times? Maybe, maybe not.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I am starting to look into switching from my extended warranty with CNA to a Mopar one. Seems Ziegler is the best on pricing so far. I am sure this has been addressed but I haven't found it so maybe some extended warranty experts could chime in.
1.) I assume if I level my truck anything requiring repair that was altered or impacted by the leveling struts won't be covered.
2.) Does the Mopar warranty require annual inspections to be performed on the truck to keep the warranty intact?
3.) Lets hear preferences on $100 to $200 deductible. For the 8yr/125k plan it increases my price $530 to do a $200 deductible. Not a huge savings, but will I actually use the warranty 3 times? Maybe, maybe not.
My responses to your questions:

1. Yes, if you modify anything that has an impact on a warranted repair, it would not be covered
2. No annual inspections required
3. I would opt for the $200 deductible if it was me

Hope this helps!

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1. The basic (bumper to bumper) warranty covers you as long as you don't go more than 2" over stock but the extended warranty is different. Even though it is backed by FCA Stellantis it is still a service contract and has different wording that the basic warranty. There is no mention of any leeway in the extended warranty like the basic one. Here is an excerpt from my Max Care extended warranty plan (I underlined the applicable parts):

THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM:

Repairs due to any alterations or modifications to the Vehicle not approved or recommended by the manufacturer,
including but not limited to: (a) failure of any custom or add-on / aftermarket part (unless listed as a specific covered
part); (b) emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications; engine modifications, transmission modifications, and/or
drive axle modifications, which includes any performance modifications; (c) oversized/undersized tires; (d) all frame or
suspension modifications
; (e) lift kits;
Repairs to covered components that are the direct result of the failure of alterations or modifications not recommended
by the manufacturer
;

You might be able to argue for a small modification (level vice a lift) but the language above pretty much gives the dealership an out to deny work due to any non-Mopar part.

2. No inspections required. The service department will inspect the applicable area(s) of concern when you bring the truck in and determine if it is covered.

3. I had my truck in 7 times during the first 2 years so I went with the $100 deductible. Even with the additional price it will only take one major repair to pay for itself. I'd rather drop $100 every time I take it in than $200, but that's just me. Others will have different opinions.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My responses to your questions:

1. Yes, if you modify anything that has an impact on a warranted repair, it would not be covered
2. No annual inspections required
3. I would opt for the $200 deductible if it was me

Hope this helps!
Thank you sir! I have also reached out to Jason to see if he wants to beat the Ziegler price. I will still need to cancel my 3rd party warranty through my dealership.

Silent Bob

Reaction score

Correct
You must follow the maintenance schedule. Keep your receipts.

U

User_3336

CORRECT, keep your receipts for oil changes, etc during the ESP period.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Contacted my finance guy and he submitted the paperwork for the cancellation of my 3rd party warranty. Said the pro-rated amount will just be paid towards the balance of the loan since it was financed with the truck (at 0% mind you). Once that's done I will just go buy the 8yr/125 or 100k Mopar warranty out of pocket.

bratesrule

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. This is my first new truck and I love it. The dealership sold me the Max Care 8/85k/$200 for $3995. After checking on CWD the same warranty is $1245. The dealership claims is it not the same warranty... is this BS?

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here. This is my first new truck and I love it. The dealership sold me the Max Care 8/85k/$200 for $3995. After checking on CWD the same warranty is $1245. The dealership claims is it not the same warranty... is this BS?
Did you check the following as they are genuine Mopar. Use code PAYINFULL for a discount if you pay up front. And ignore the dealer as they raped you and don’t want you to cancel the warranty they sold you. They have already and continue to not act in your best interest.

bratesrule

Reaction score
Did you check the following as they are genuine Mopar. Use code PAYINFULL for a discount if you pay up front. And ignore the dealer as they raped you and don’t want you to cancel the warranty they sold you. They have already and continue to not act in your best interest.

I just canceled. I might need to get checked after the raping... I had to call him back a second time for clarification. The only thing he had that could have been valid, is that the particular dealership that I purchased from might be able to help me more because I purchased all of it from them. Like they would try harder to get the warranty work approved... But they are too far of a drive for me anyways.

Now for the healing process... Thanks for the quick response!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The only thing he had that could have been valid, is that the particular dealership that I purchased from might be able to help me more because I purchased all of it from them. Like they would try harder to get the warranty work approved.
Total BS and would make ZERO difference!

U

User_3336

CWD?

U

User_3336

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
Price increase in May?!
Zeigler quoted me $1675 in Feb. Now it's $1780. Emailed them. Johnny replied back and said best he can do, after price increase late May, is $1730.
8y/100K, $200 ded., 2021 4WD, born 5/2021.
Bite bullet and pay the extra now?
Price compare with others?
wait for possible decrease in price?

U

User_3336

Price increase in May?!
Zeigler quoted me $1675 in Feb. Now it's $1780. Emailed them. Johnny replied back and said best he can do, after price increase late May, is $1730.
8y/100K, $200 ded., 2021 4WD, born 5/2021.
Bite bullet and pay the extra now?
Price compare with others?
wait for possible decrease in price?
What do you mean by "pay the extra now"?

I doubt you will find a lower price. Zeigler typically has been the price leader for months.

Yes, there was a nationwide price increase to all dealers in May. It was announced a couple of weeks before, so it wasn't a "silent" increase.

Highly doubtful the price will DECREASE!!! If you are interested, you should pull the trigger.

They offered you an EXTRA $50 off and you didn't bite?

Were you using the promo code "PAYINFULL" for $365 off? Sounds like it, but they I'd take the extra $50 off as well. The folks at Zeigler have always been good to forum members!

Users who are viewing this thread