5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
That is true about the service contract not warranty but the service contract does cover keys and fobs up to $600 and provides a rental car for quite a period that the original doesn't. It is not quite as comprehensive as the original warranty as you said however.
At the end of the day, and not sure what point @Condor757 is attempting to make here, but having the "service contract" is better than not having the "service contract" if you are one that is concerned about failures and plan to keep your vehicle for an extended period of time or any time past warranty expiration. The MAX CARE covers just about everything that all of us would normally be concerned about.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At the end of the day, and not sure what point @Condor757 is attempting to make here, but having the "service contract" is better than not having the "service contract" if you are one that is concerned about failures and plan to keep your vehicle for an extended period of time or any time past warranty expiration. The MAX CARE covers just about everything that all of us would normally be concerned about.
Like I said... call the Zeigler folks and ask them. You might be surprised at the stuff that isn’t covered which I thought was at first, and the conditions that must be satisfied for those things to be covered. It really is not a true “bumper to bumper”, yes it is better than no coverage. But all I am doing is pointing this out so that folks who purchase it are not disappointed when FCA denies the claim, which happens more than we think. It really made me reconsider the extended warranty. The LED light assemblies were one of those things.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, the program offer ended on Nov 2019. After that date the best offer is 8 year/ 125,000 miles. you can pick a $100/$200 deductible.

@AK103 was correct. The last day to purchase was 11/30/2018

Lifetime was dropped effective 12/1/2018

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I put that on here simply because I had talked to the Zeigler folks on the phone asking very specific questions about what was covered, and there were some surprising things that weren’t covered. For example, the LED headlight/taillight assemblies... fully covered under the factory warranty but under the Mopar extended warranty, there were very specific conditions under which they were covered, otherwise they weren’t. Those are $800 puppies... I found that kind of important to know.
Looks like we made our last posts simultaneously. I would say that if a headlight is damaged physically, of course it will not be covered. However, with both the tails and headlights being electronic, and all electronics are covered under MAX CARE, if you had a failure based on those issue, it should be covered. An LED is not a bulb, but a piece of electronic equipment. The tail light also has the BSMS built into it as well which would be covered upon failure. If I am wrong, and I don't know what Ziegler told you, please share the details, but I believe that all electronics are covered.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like we made our last posts simultaneously. I would say that if a headlight is damaged physically, of course it will not be covered. However, with both the tails and headlights being electronic, and all electronics are covered under MAX CARE, if you had a failure based on those issue, it should be covered. An LED is not a bulb, but a piece of electronic equipment. Te tail light also has the BSMS built into it as well which would be covered upon failure. If I am wrong, and I don't know what Ziegler told you, please share the details, but I believe that all electronics are covered.

Correct, damaged would obviously not be covered. I specifically asked them, hey are these things covered when they go out (service life expired?) answer - NO. it’s gotta be a specific failure of the component.

U

User_3336

THE PLAN WILL NOT COVER, OR APPLY TO LOSS OR EXPENSE RESULTING FROM: • Repairs or replacement of any component covered by any of the Vehicle manufacturer warranties, Certified Warranty, part manufacturer warranties or recall policies; roadside assistance, loaner vehicles or other services which are eligible to be covered by the Vehicle’s manufacturer warranty or marketing programs; • Repairs required as a result of other than a manufacturing defect (such as a design defect or normal wear); • Repair or replacement of any covered component when it has been determined that the condition existed prior to purchasing the Plan; • Plan benefits where the Vehicle odometer reading has been stopped or altered and/or the Vehicle’s actual mileage cannot be readily determined; • Brake pads, shoes, rotors and drums are not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure); • Reimbursement of services/benefits that exceed the total number of services/allowance included in Plan Coverage; • Battery and cables; any battery for a component; spark plugs and wires; lights (bulb, sealed beams, lenses); suspension alignment; wheel balancing; wiper blades; catalytic converter, particulate filter and any other exhaust system components; heat shields and exhaust hangers; throttle body cleaning; evaporator deodorizing; carbon cleaning; • High voltage battery is not covered at any time (regardless of cause of failure); • Repairs due to any alterations or modifications to the Vehicle not approved or recommended by the manufacturer, including but not limited to: (a) failure of any custom or add-on / aftermarket part (unless listed as a specific covered part); (b) emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications; engine modifications, transmission modifications, and/or drive axle modifications, which includes any performance modifications; (c) oversized/undersized tires; (d) all frame or suspension modifications; • Repairs to covered components that are the direct result of the failure of alterations or modifications not recommended by the manufacturer;
• Lift kits that exceed two (2) inches; repairs to covered components that are the direct result of the failure of a lift kit that exceeds two (2) inches; • Plan benefits necessary as a result of (a) failure to properly care for or maintain the Vehicle; (b) fire, accident, abuse, vandalism, negligence, Acts of Terrorism or Act of God including but not limited to the Vehicle rendered inoperable due to snow, ice or flood; (c) failure to properly operate the Vehicle; (d) Vehicles that have been used or are being used for competitive speed events such as races or acceleration trials; (e) pulling a trailer that exceeds the rated capacity of the Vehicle or failure to adhere to the requirements for vehicles used to pull a trailer as outlined in the owner manual supplied by the manufacturer; (f) tampering with the emission system or with any parts that could affect that system; (g) use of dirty fluids, or fuels, refrigerants or other fluids which are not recommended by the manufacturer; (h) failure due to fluid contamination or sludge; (i) modifications not approved or recommended by the manufacturer; (j) overloading rated payload capacity of the Vehicle; (k) damage incurred by off-road usage; • Fasteners, bolts and attaching hardware that does not attach a covered component to another covered component; • Repairs to a covered component where the component has been restricted by the manufacturer; repairs that are the direct result of the failure of a component that has been restricted by the manufacturer; • Repairs caused by pre-ignition detonation, pinging, improper/contaminated fuel including fuels containing more than 10% ethanol (if the engine was not manufactured for this mixture); • Plan service obtained from other than a Dealer unless authorization is first received from us. FCA US Vehicles must return to a FCA US LLC Dealer for Plan covered repairs; (Dealers cannot authorize repairs.) • Repairs required as a result of use of other than the Vehicle manufacturer’s parts during the term of the Plan, unless authorized by us; • Repairs to a covered component caused by the failure of a non-covered component and/or an aftermarket installation not performed by a Dealer, or any outside installation of "salvage or junk" components in conjunction with an insurance or damage claim. All part installations to satisfy such claims must be with new or factory authorized remanufactured components and parts; • Bodily injury or property damage arising or allegedly arising out of a defect in the design, manufacture, materials or workmanship of a covered component; • Any fines, fees or taxes which are associated with impound towing as a result of actual or alleged violation of any laws or regulations; • Plan benefits to Vehicles operated outside of the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico and Mexico; • Plan benefits to Vehicles registered outside of the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico; • Exterior - tires; trim; name plates; appliques; body sheet metal; glass; plastic lenses; paint; bright metal; bumpers; side-view mirrors (glass/ housing); wheel covers; steel wheels; aluminum wheels; rusted or frozen rims; weather strips; rust; water leaks; restricted drain tubes; wind noises; all outer body panels; spoilers; plastic and fiberglass body parts; vinyl tops; convertible top fabric; repairs or damage caused by environmental factors such as acid rain, tree sap, salt or ocean spray; • Interior - trim; carpet; upholstery; dash pad; door and window handles; knobs; buttons; moldings; arm rests and head liner; cargo cover; cosmetic appearance; torn/worn/soiled; • Mechanical - manual clutch assembly; clutch disc, pressure plate, clutch release bearing and pilot bearing (manual transmission); damage to flywheel as a result of a clutch failure; repairs to snow plows, winches and trailer hitches regardless of their installation; • Cost or expenses for teardown, rental, inspection or diagnosis of failures not covered by the Plan; • Shop supplies, waste disposal fees and materials; • Repairs to any Vehicle where the title has become branded or the Vehicle has become restricted by the manufacturer after the purchase of the Plan; • Maintenance services specified in the owner’s manual and the parts used in connection with such services; • Repairs to a covered component caused by the failure of a non-covered component and/or an aftermarket installation not performed by an authorized Dealer; • Repairs or replacement to components covered by the Hybrid System Limited Warranty (refer to Warranty booklet for details); • Hybrid components: hybrid charging system; hybrid electric cooling system; hybrid power invertor system; • Portable Units including but not limited to - headphones; I-Pods; GPS units; DVD players; laptop computers; cellular phones; any hand-held device; Navigation DVD; • Repair or replacement of Performance parts, Performance enhancing parts; repairs to covered components that are the direct result of failure of a performance part; • Any economic loss of any kind, including but not limited to rental car expenses, consequential damages, incidental damages, or other losses that relate in any manner to your use or loss of use of the Covered Vehicle.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just passing along what I was told... if I’m wrong my apologies.

redneck

Reaction score
my gm warranty was not that much different between 0 & 100 deduct i think $300 & all the parts that have broken on my gmc have been cheep ones mostly door handles & talegate dampners

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my gm warranty was not that much different between 0 & 100 deduct i think $300 & all the parts that have broken on my gmc have been cheep ones mostly door handles & talegate dampners

You’d see a lot more people posting about $0 MaxCare plans if it was only a $300 difference. It’s around an extra $1,000 to go from $100 to $0

Silent Bob

Reaction score
Get the Best Price on a Factory Extended Warranty

I contacted all the people I know of that sell discounted genuine Mopar warranties for a price comparison. Did I miss anyone?

Ziegler
Clay Robbins
Tom Winkels
Riedman Motors
Chrysler Warranty's
Jeep Factory Warranty
Mopar Service Contracts
Chrysler Warranty Direct
Chrysler Factory Warranty
Jason Edmonson

Check out this link to see who had the lowest prices.

Last edited:

Ilya23

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just recently purchased RAM 1500 under 5k miles and dealer offered me an extended warranty. I just realized extended warranty by 3rd party company(https://www.ally.com/auto/vehicle-protection/) he sold me for $2200 for 5years/100k. I have 60 days to cancel it. I went to https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com and I can get for 6 years/100k for $1500 Maximum Care if pay in full. I just want to hear opinion what people think, is worth getting Maximum Care? I read many reviews on that and it has may declines. Should upgrade to FCA Maximum Care?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
YES!!!!

Dump that 3rd party policy!
I don't think you'll find anybody that has anything good to say about them (no matter what you see on TV).

You will get lots of opinions on whether to get an extended warranty or not but you will find that pretty much everybody will tell you to get the FCA Maximum Care extended warranty if you are getting one.

This is my first new vehicle. There's a lot of expensive things that can go wrong with this truck compared to my 2003 Ford F-250. I got the FCA Max Care extended warranty. Even if I don't use it it is worth the piece of mind that if my engine takes a dump, my radio quits, or any number of other really expensive things go wrong it won't cost me more than $100 (I got the 7 years | Unlimited Miles | $100 deductible policy).

While some drive minimal miles or trade in their trucks every few years it might not make sense for them. For me I drive 25K miles a year and plan to have my truck 10+ years so it was an easy decision for me.

Just my .02

Last edited:

Bram2019

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just recently purchased RAM 1500 under 5k miles and dealer offered me an extended warranty. I just realized extended warranty by 3rd party company(https://www.ally.com/auto/vehicle-protection/) he sold me for $2200 for 5years/100k. I have 60 days to cancel it. I went to https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com and I can get for 6 years/100k for $1500 Maximum Care if pay in full. I just want to hear opinion what people think, is worth getting Maximum Care? I read many reviews on that and it has may declines. Should upgrade to FCA Maximum Care?
Highly recommend you get the Mopar Max Care. 1 A/C problem or radio repair, it is close to being paid for. Just replacing a A/C compressor with the new 1234 freon is easily over $1k. Unless you expect to dump the truck under 3 years, get the contract.

Users who are viewing this thread