5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to purchase Mopar official Mopar warranty- dont buy from local dealer!

Atretes1

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the heads up. Bought my 8yr/125k ($100 deductible) plan tonight. Per my conversation with the insurance rep the plans with a number of years or unlimited mileage is going up 10% and the set mileage plans are going up 5%. This is a no brainer for me considering my various service visits so far and the new 1500 remake.
Do you know when they are going up? Still debating on doing a warranty. The 8 year 85,000 still looks to be the same price from when I was looking in April.

U

User_3336

only the "unlimited" plans went up June 1st. Other prices are the same as they were last month.

Buy while you can!

Zeigler is still giving a $365 discount off posted prices using promo code "payinfull".

Call Bob Cline at Zeigler.

Do you know when they are going up? Still debating on doing a warranty. The 8 year 85,000 still looks to be the same price from when I was looking in April.

Atretes1

Reaction score
Zeilger just sent me an email and said that my quote for an 8 year 85k warranty would be raising in price on 07-01 so, I'm assuming all the rest of the warranties will be adjusted then.

U

User_3336

6/1/19 had a price increase on the limited plans. 7/1/19 will see a price increase over the board.

buy now before the price increase and be sure to use the promo code "payinfull" for $365 extra off online prices.

Zeilger just sent me an email and said that my quote for an 8 year 85k warranty would be raising in price on 07-01 so, I'm assuming all the rest of the warranties will be adjusted then.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like Greg answered this but that pay in full deal seems pretty good but I just didn't have the extra change around to jump on that deal.

rceagle1a

Reaction score
Only if they're the genuine Mopar warranties. Few dealers are upfront about these and push third-party warranties because they make out on selling those. Mopar extended warranties are seamless and hassle free. The most you're paying at the dealer is whatever deductible you elected. Many of us bought the Maximum Care lifetime warranty before it was discontinued last year, but there are many long duration plans to fit how you may be planning to keep your truck.
I know all about these third-party warranty things the dealer I bought my truck from stung me on that.I’m very glad I found this post on this forum though because I am within 30 days and I can cancel my warrantee and get my $3800+ back. I got an email that I can get a five year 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty Mopar back for about $1200

Last edited:

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know all about these third-party warranty things the dealer I bought my truck from stung me on that.I’m very glad I found this post on this forum though because I am within 30 days and I can cancel my warrantee and get my $3800+ back. I got an email that I can get a five year 100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty Mopar back for about $1200
Having to sit through that 30 min warranty spiel was agonizing. I am glad you found the info here to save some $$$!

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A couple of things:

I don't know about other states, but I do know that in FL, there is a state law that prohibits a dealer from giving any discount on an extended warranty. I think that explains why, if you do a Quick Quote on the Ziegler site, and choose FL in the dropdown box, the quote will come up only showing normal retail price for the plan. If you choose a different state in that dropdown, then the quote comes up showing retail price (crossed out) and the discounted price.

That may explain why the OP in this thread got such a high quote from Ziegler.

I bought my '09 1500 in GA (I lived in FL at the time) and the dealer told me right up front he would sell me whatever warranty I wanted, at $100 over cost. I got the Lifetime MaxCare on my '09 for $1600. And I dang sure got my money's worth out of that! :D

I bought my '19 in MD and the dealer offered me the MaxCare and started at sticker price. I immediately asked "you know I can buy that online, right?" From there, he asked if I would be willing to buy it from him from $100 over cost and I said sure. It was all very easy and pleasant.

Buying it through the dealer, I had the option to pay in full. But, he also offered me something he said they call RapidRemit. I paid 10% down on the warranty (and a maintenance plan) and pay the rest over 12 months, with 0 interest. A totally separate thing than the actual loan for the truck. I didn't want to finance it in with the truck, but I also didn't really want to throw down that much more cash out of pocket right then, either, so the 12 months/0 interest really worked out well for me.

Anyway, unless you live in FL, there is no reason you can't or shouldn't buy an extended warranty from the dealer. You just have to do your due diligence and know what you should be expecting to pay before you even walk into the dealership.

rceagle1a

Reaction score
Problem with the dealer I bought from is when the dealership sold to a multi-store company they didn’t renew the contract to sell mopar factory warranties, So I’m looking at having to get a refund on what I paid out of pocket. I do have leverage though, because they injected the same bs 3rd party bs warranty into my fiancé on her 2018 Ford Eco-Sport. So unless they want 2 customer surveys and social media blasts with all 0’s they will cancel the bs and either refund or roll us into factory plans.

warmcozyfire

Reaction score
On the maxcare plan, does anyone know if the etourque system and related components are under the plan coverage? I am not seeing it as a covered item in the FCA general plan statement. That would be an interesting item to leave off of coverage considering it's in it's first run of operation.

Echoing this question. I've been talking with both reps this morning (Zeigler & Warranty Direct) - one said it's not covered and one said it is covered. I've requested documentation from the one who is saying it is. I can post back here if they do send me something definitive.

Tundralag

Reaction score
GEICO MBI
36.00 dollars every 6 months 250 deductible 7yr 100k warranty. covers everything except brakes tires etc.

I have it for all my cars.. Used it for my wife's BMW . Super easy, called Geico, dropped the car off at BMW paid BMW 250 when I picked it up..
To me it seems way cheaper than spending all the money upfront for a Just in Case warranty..

warmcozyfire

Reaction score
Echoing this question. I've been talking with both reps this morning (Zeigler & Warranty Direct) - one said it's not covered and one said it is covered. I've requested documentation from the one who is saying it is. I can post back here if they do send me something definitive.

Some clarity, "I just got off the phone with Mopar Vehicle Protection claims and the informed me that the eTorque is not a covered system. I was previously told it was a covered component. Sorry for the confusion."

However, I did find out that some components of the eTorque system are covered 8 years/80k miles as part of the factory warranty. Warranty PDF (check out pages 3 and 16)

rceagle1a

Reaction score
Ok, I’m working with my local dealer to get a refund on the 3rd party warranty they sold me. Of course they are trying to get me to keep their warranty by telling me that they think Ziegler is not legit and these aren’t actual mopar warranties. I will call Ziegler tomorrow and have them give me proof of legitimacy to prove to my selling dealer.

U

User_3336

Zeigler is definitely LEGIT! They have a bunch of Ford and Dodge/Ram dealerships in the Michigan area.
They also have websites that sell both ESP's. Call Bob Cline if have questions.

Zeigler Chrysler Ford
1186 E M-89
Plainwell MI 49080
866.943.7778 toll free direct
800.327.5880 toll free operator
269.685.5800 x 1208
269.585.6004 fax
269.685.3557 direct

Ok, I’m working with my local dealer to get a refund on the 3rd party warranty they sold me. Of course they are trying to get me to keep their warranty by telling me that they think Ziegler is not legit and these aren’t actual mopar warranties. I will call Ziegler tomorrow and have them give me proof of legitimacy to prove to my selling dealer.

Techguy2000

Reaction score
I haven't noticed the July 1 price increase at Zeigler? I bit the bullet and did the 8/100k warranty yesterday with the payinfull and it's still the same price today?

Not a huge deal, and still happy but thought I could give myself a nod for saving X dollars over waiting...

jonnyt

Reaction score
It seems the "price is going to increase, you better buy now" is a common scare tactic used to BUY NOW. lol

MPMRam

Reaction score
I haven't noticed the July 1 price increase at Zeigler? I bit the bullet and did the 8/100k warranty yesterday with the payinfull and it's still the same price today?

Not a huge deal, and still happy but thought I could give myself a nod for saving X dollars over waiting...
What was the discount using the code?

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
I closed on my limited last week and when the finance guy asked about warranty, I put the price sheet for both online options in front of him and said ‘your best offer?’ He pitched $200 over their cost (which was about $150 over the Zeigler price) and I agreed. They’d given me the 15% off MSRP deal running thru 6/30 on top of the True Car discount I had by going through Sam’s Club, so I had no problem giving them a little ‘sumthin’ back at the table.

Thanks to the forum for letting me go in prepared! (And I’d been screwed before with 3rd party warrantees so I knew better than to fall for that trap)

Reactions: Jtr

Users who are viewing this thread